[CONTEST] Phone Smash - 100 OnePlus One Up For Grabs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledownwookie
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2014

doubledownwookie , Apr 25, 2014 :
    So wait, I have to break my phone....then I will be without a phone for potentially weeks since I'm assuming it ships from China? Seems dumb.

2. sgiles1
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

sgiles1 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Can't tell my wife about smashing my phone... she just won't understand.

Chinda likes this.
  3. Salva
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

4. Android
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

5. haedor
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

haedor , Apr 25, 2014 :
    To all participants:

Pls remove your Battery before smashing it.

exploding li-ion batteries are absolutly not funny at all

6. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

Chinda , Apr 25, 2014 :
    $1 for OnePlus One for you smashing your phone, its a good deal if you get selected :)

Abrennan likes this.
  7. kage69
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

kage69 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I allready smashed my google g1, hope this counts. otherwise i have to sue oneplus :)

8. Cooklung
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

Cooklung , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Ah I wish I could. My shotgun with slow-mo camera would be sweet BUT I need my phone for work!!! Can't smash it and be phoneless. Guess I'll have to cough up the bucks if I get an invite.

9. sc0rch3d
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

sc0rch3d , Apr 25, 2014 :
    You didn't read the FAQs.... contest rules say that winners will get the phone 48 hours after phone smash.

10. jartimus
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

jartimus , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Agreed. As much as I have loved my N4, I would be willing to disintegrate it for a 1+1.

rephaelhermon likes this.
  11. Abrennan
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

12. Shripad
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2014

Shripad , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I seriously hope staff members and someone from Oneplus realise that this is very very very bad idea to run this campaign.

I had nothing negative to say about it until I saw the list of phones. Now lets keep aside the fact that almost all phones involved will fetch more than $299 the the market with exception of couple of phones. Lets even ignore the fact that this will create lot of unnecessary e-waste. On principle, OPO should be against things like this. But lets even discount that for the moment.

But why are you guys putting your fans in danger? Lets admit not everyone is clever enough to realise what they are doing. Lot of the phones mentioned on the list have sealed batteries.
    You are telling your fans to destroy those phones. The batteries can explode, spill toxic chemicals and catch fire during all this. It can and does happen. You are putting health of your fans at risk.

See the video below. This is S5 which thankfully has removable battery, but it is an example what can happen when someone tries to do this to a phone with sealed battery.
    I really hope OnePlus realises their mistake and withdraws this campaign. I will have more respect for them if they do that instead of pushing ahead with badly thought of campaign.
    A company that realises it has made a mistake and corrects it can hold their head high. I really hope someone from OnePlus One realises this.

So far I love the product. I love the pricing. I love how you went with social media campaign until this. Dont ruin your reputation this early by doing something extreme for the sake of doing something extreme. Last thing you want is company getting bad press when someone injures themselves while smashing a phone filled with dangerous chemicals and glass.

13. SwoonJoon
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

14. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

gmanphx , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I wonder why Vivo or oppo isn't on the list.....

{things that make you go hmmmm.}

15. LEE8888
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

hayt likes this.
  16. KeithWu
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

KeithWu , Apr 25, 2014 :
    can i get that 64G model instead of 16G one? I mean if i can get the invitation.

17. MrG
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

MrG , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Many phones in the list have non-removable batteries

hayt likes this.
  18. pixaros
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

pixaros , Apr 25, 2014 :
    If you have an invitation yes you can choose between the 16gb or 64 ! you are free to choose.

KeithWu likes this.
  19. rodluizpant
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

rudeboi likes this.
  20. Joyero
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Joyero , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Man I have said it before, and I will say it again...I am not smashing my 630 dollar htc m8...for a 350 dollar phone...what is wrong with you guys? The one plus one team have gone insane? The only reason I see people doing is is because they either are idiots...or the "flagship" phones they have were gifts and was at no cost to them...

SMH...the only thing that I can advice some of you who do this...use your insurance! smash your flagship device...submit and call insurance company and say you lost your phone and pay premium deductible which in the US can range from 150 to 200!!...and on top of that it's not guaranteed

rudeboi and determinator like this.