Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragner{droid}
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

2. rephaelhermon
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

rephaelhermon , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I can't believe they have SGS3 and Lumia 920 though. Oh well lol
    And yes bro, even though my Nexus 4 is nice and can have a lot son with it, I would trash it in a heartbeat for a OnePlus One. Main reason, battery.

3. Claudia
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Claudia , Apr 25, 2014 :
    To all at@one+ this week has been very interesting in forums and also because of the release of the one+ you have used marketing with the utmost skill you competitions in the main were sublime. Telling you fans that this phone would have "Better than everything industrial design" only for it to look like a cheaper cousin of an Oppo find 7 um. or the confusing statement "So, why not fit a 5.5" screen into a 5.0" handset?" lets not go into that one shall we the forums have made enough comments. Then we have the photo mania contest where it almost seems to appear that one person taking pictures with the one+ is a semi-professional photographer cant complain it was open to all and his photos were nice but there seemed be again a bit of unrest in the forums. And of course the countdown madness what a mess. We come down to my 2 personal favourites the invitation system and the smash you phone contest. I understand why your are not producing millions of phones and it does cost a fortune to make a handset only for it to be on a shelf collecting dust it is better to have a guaranteed sale but really is that the best you could do? But the most stupid competition you have ever come up with is to enter a competition to smash you phone and get a 16gb not even a 64gb So I have an M8 that is about what a month old and I am meant to smash it for a phone that is built with cheaper materials that isnt even released yet that has no proper reviews to get a 16gb phone I wouldn't mind if your craftsmanship looked like it even came close but it does not, its bigger oh and that one handed use you said would happen keep dreaming. You have made a good phone with its main selling point that its cheap lets not act like anything else has happened here, you have not reinvented the wheel or brought along something that I cannot live without my mind is not blown yes the specification are up their with other flagships but that is not what makes a killer phone. its the manufacture that goes the little extra mile to bring something that the customer could not envision but now cant live without where is that on the one+?

I now look forward to being slaughtered in the forums;)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

4. Jakub Smolar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2014

Jakub Smolar , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I have similar feelings atm.
    Smash your phone contest?! Not only its enviromentally unfriendly! Even if it were not, why not give your phone to charity and receive a 1+? This would actually do something good, instead of just blowing up your phone, which is full of rare metals, that may be toxic. Batteries that might explode etc. That is just irresponsible and utterly stupid to want your fans do something like that! Get your things straight 1+ and fgrow up!
    Additionally 16gb version without an SD card (if anyone chooses to really be that idiot and destroy his phone) is a joke as most of the phones on the list offer SD card or have more than 16gb ROM.
    You screwed up with another contest 1+, just my 2 cent (and I don't give a damn about being bashed for my opinion here :p)

duffy and neoand12 like this.
  5. nmanzie
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

nmanzie , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I just can't wait to smash my phone... Samsung Note2 will be dead.,...

6. zzffnn
    Froyo Apr 25, 2014

zzffnn , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Why not have a phone donation (to poor/needy people) and essay competition?

A rural doctor can easily make a $10 microscope out of a mediocre camera phone and help patients. Said $10 microscope can zoom up to 375x and view big cells:
    http://m.instructables.com/id/10-Smartphone-to-digital-microscope-conversion/

There are also two finished "cellphone scopes" designed by university professors (aiming to help rural doctors/patients and powerful enough to detect parasites, tuberculosis, blood and ocular diseases), if you search online.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/03/04/mobile.microscope.ozcan.malaria/
    http://www.technologyreview.com/news/414460/a-cell-phone-microscope-for-disease-detection/
    http://fletchlab.berkeley.edu/scope

That way old phones don't go wasted (and ended up in landfill polluting environment). Marketing effect would not be less with this approach either.

You can discuss or propose new competition ideas in this thread:
    http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/phone-donation-competition-instead-of-smash.5027/

jcservek, ben1680 and akramfaisal like this.
  7. Salva
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

davew likes this.
  8. akramfaisal
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

akramfaisal , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Was wondering if one plus one would allow smashing a part of phone and recycling the rest. For example, I could carefully take apart the phone and break the screen only, or motherboard only and recycle the rest - would be better for environment and also others!!

zzffnn likes this.
  9. blackcobra95
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

10. akramfaisal
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

akramfaisal , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I guess so too, If you check the list, they give to smash only most expensive, recent, top of the range phones ONLY!!

11. king4aday
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

king4aday , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I wanna smash my LG Nexus 4 - it's newer than the Galaxy S3, yet it's not on the list.

12. alexandervfl
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

13. dino1342
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

dino1342 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I see a lot of people going crazy over this smash your phone contest. To all the people bad mouthing this contest you should read the info of what you have to do before smashing your phone. You have to fill out the application on the main page describe how your going to smash your phone and then if you get an email saying you've been picked then and only then will you smash your phone. It tells you do not smash you phone till you get the ok from the email

14. neoand12

15. Andril
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

Andril , Apr 25, 2014 :
    But the original HTC One gets 2 spots, you should allow us to input what we have and choose from there.

16. ben1680
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

ben1680 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Please cancel this competition, there is lots of better idea to promote a product other than bashing your competitor. Not to mention it doesn't bring anything beneficial to other people, environment, etc.
    Stop thinking irresponsibly and one sided, and only care about your company. It will bring the company nowhere in the long run...

17. Tejstar
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

Tejstar , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I look forward to seeing the videos of those chosen, I'm sure there will be some imaginative entries. Will not participate myself though, could never smash up a fully-working phone that I could easily hand down.

18. nik_pa

nik_pa , Apr 25, 2014 :
    For the contest no it's clear its for a 16gb model only. In the original Live Unveiling thread they say invites for 16gb will start in May there's no mention of 64gb invites.

As to the general invites we don't know if they are general or model specific. I posted on this yesterday but there's no info from OP http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/invitations.2271/page-286#post-260666

19. 7Dragon
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

7Dragon , Apr 25, 2014 :
    If you will be chosen, then you will pay it 1$, how much do you want to pay for the "upgrade"? 400$-250$= 150$+1=151$.

20. cobwiggy
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

iskh and MF831 like this.