[CONTEST] Share nine impressions about the OnePlus 9, win a OnePlus Watch

1. R1597089566465
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

AdityaMagdum108, YRJ and Gor.V like this.
  2. sreesss97
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

sreesss97 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Got everything wrong this time guys.
    Cons : 1) The position of the finger print scanner is very below the standard location. Plz check out the mi 11 ultra, the fingerprint scanner location is spot on
    2) lack of adequate 5 g bands in indian retail unit.
    3)lack of wireless charging in oneplus 9 indian unit.
    4)opting out of metal frame for oneplus 9
    5)The looks of the phones is not fresh. Kind of outdated. Not the oneplus standards
    6)hope the hasselblad collab will bring some difference in atleast the next models.

Plz guys....the brand oneplus is losing itz edge...push hard guys..#neversettle

3. yash00012
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2021

4. P1617630791375
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

P1617630791375 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    As a user who doesnt have Priest pockets, i would like to have a ONEPLUS phone in a compact size. I'm sure that you are losing some bussiness due to the fact that you dont have compact phones in store.

I want a maximum 6 inch ONEPLUS smartphone, with 120hz, decent battery,decent camera, good procesor. I know you must cut corners in order to make a compact phone , but be sure that not everybody wants a super mega smartphone that cannot be used with only one hand. I have an old generation phone and I cannot find a good compact phone in 2021 , other than Iphone and some crapy samsung wich I personally hate. Please make a market research regarding compact phones because I'm pretty sure that you will be amazed of how many people are in the search of a good 2021 generation compact phone. And I think that you are the right company to make this phone.

Your company will not become like any other company, with only big phone or better said phablets. There is a market with people that dont like the actual trend of big size phones.

This is only my opinion, but you are the right company for inovating phones in 2021. Make a research and you will find that what I sayd is the real deal.

5. Amandeep_8129
    Froyo Apr 5, 2021

6. RJT15 , via OnePlus 9 Pro co-developed with Hasselblad , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I have been using this phone since yesterday.
    It's a crazy machine. I researched a lot before buying afterall it's not easy for a iPhone user to switch to Android😆
    I feel extremely satisfied with my decision by switching from iPhone to Android after 5 years.
    Being a Apple fan since past 5-6 years and switching to Android, OnePlus was my absolute choice.
    Performance so far of 9Pro is amazing. I am absolutely loving this. Camera quality is surreal.
    Stay tuned....
    Will keep posting my experience as I use this 'Baby Beast' more.
    #OnePlus9pro

Gor.V likes this.
  7. M1K4_3L
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2021

M1K4_3L , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Hi,
    Following my quick unbox :
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/just-an-quick-unbox-of-the-oneplus-9-pro.1408746/#post-22986180

I will say :
    1. Gaming, Content Creation, performance: Fast due to its SD888., playing games, editing video, recording 4K/8K, smooth, the Chip is a beast so far.
    2. Memory and Storage: there is no slowdown with its 12Gb of memory, and I can stock a lot of videos, photos, and music with the 256Gb of storage.
    3. Nice autonomy with the 4,500mAh I can use it the whole day despite my use of it, so it's surprisedly good by my standards, and the 65W Warp charge is so so so great. Half an hour and done. Huge Pro for me. The cherry on top, I can use my 50W wireless charger.
    4. The display: it is so smooth, fast, and LPTO + AOD = Best Combo. Colors restitution, view angles, direct sun visibility, this display it's one of my favorites so far. MEMC, HDR, Adaptive display are great adds to the OP9 Pro.
    5. Oxygen OS 11: At last, having Android 11 on my phone it's great. I already got 2 updates so far, no issue with; I really like the OS Oneplus have made, enough customization, nice battery optimizations, AOD ... So far so Good
    6. 5G Support: 1rst one I got. I got T-Mobile, so it's 100% a win-win for 4G and 5G
    7. Photography and new sensors: A great surprise for the UW and the nearly close to no-distortion shots. All the colors seem to be well-balanced (thanks Hasselblad). There are still differences between the different sensors, hoping with software updates it will be corrected. The main camera is a beast, too, lots of potential here. The same I hope with time, the software will match the capacities of its. Super macro automatic mode is working fine and producing crispy shots. Optical 3.3 x zoom it's nice, but an x5 would be terrific. So far, a nice partnership between Hasselblad, Sony, and Oneplus.
    8. The Design: really nice one, no too fancy, but enough. I got big hands, so it's just fine; as usual, the Oneplus slider is one of the most useful addition so far. Using it every day. I've decided to go to another color than black, and I like the Morning Mist. A the end of the day, it's totally a Premium Design.
    9. Audio: You get a great screen, great performance, but still, if you are into multimedia, the Dual Stereo and Dolby Atmos support can experiment with nice multimedia contents. Not too loud, tune nicely, And support all the last Qualcomm AptX codec. low latency, better sound restitution, nice improvement with this OP9 Pro

YRJ and Gor.V like this.
  8. pillow35
    User of the Year 2015; Community Hero 2020 Apr 5, 2021

pillow35 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    My impression on OnePlus 9 Series
    1. It can be the most powerful smartphone from the moment
    2.The very versatile photo module and the ultra wide angle
    3. Hasselblad collaboration can be a good improvement in photography
    4. The screen that offers a splendid restitution in Dp3 mode.
    5. The really fast charging that allow you to always be serene.
    6. the quality of sound is very questionable
    7. The ever-present lack of Dual-Sim.
    8. Photo algorithms to be perfected. We always expect a lot (too much?) at this level of product
    9. As always with OxygenOS, The user experience remains and must be exceptional

9. y239wang
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

Gor.V likes this.
  10. IamAbhijir
    Eclair Apr 5, 2021

IamAbhijir , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    OnePlus has become the not so quiet giant killer of the mobile industry. OnePlus phones have gone from enthusiast, moddable phones through to the “FLAGSHIP KILLER” ⛓️

The look of the phone is top-notch, with gorgeous curves. The phone looks really nice without a case, but in reality, won’t’ stay that nice if you don’t put one on the device. 😛

OnePlus have a company slogan of “Never Settle” and based on the current market standards, they’ve only settled for the best here. 🤩.

The device looks promising on the performance front as well.❤️

The OnePlus 9 Series is stacked with the types of high-end components Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processors with. high-speed wired and wireless charging, both of which are improved yet again for these products. 🔋

The OnePlus 9 Series also carries forward a new version of the firm’s optimized Android experience, called OxygenOS, and its reasonable suite of non-crapware software, which includes things like Game mode, Zen mode for relaxing, and much more. ⚡

This is all wonderful. But OnePlus is pushing its new-found photographic chops very heavily for this release and with good reason. ♨️

The smartphone has a refreshing design that looks good and trendy.🥳

It’s fair to say that when you’re talking first impressions, the OnePlus 9 Pro makes a really good one. The look, feel, performance and user interface Everything is Extra Ordinary. 😍

YRJ and Gor.V like this.
  11. Jatin Thakran
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

Jatin Thakran , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I’ll Try to put my Thoughts. And Sorry English not so good.
    1 + 9 par jesi ummid hoti h usi ummid par 1+ Khari uttarti h
    1. 1+9 decent aur premium dikhane vaale Device hain.
    2. Camera department mein ... puraane 1+ Phone kee tulana mein camera mein sudhaar bhut jyada hua h
    3. hasalablad tyuning ke kaaran hua .... last images par rang bhayaanak hain ... yah adhik svaabhaavik hai ... isalie haaselablad brand yah tak rakha gaya hai.
    4. Yaha 2mp ka monochrome camera thoda or better ho sakta tha
    5. disple 2.0 kamaal kee hai. aur 120 hz ke saath yah adhik makhhan hai ... 10 / 10🔥
    6. prosesar bahut damdaar hain ...awaj kee quality hamesha mahaan #onaiplusthings ke roop mein hai
    7. Video recording mein ... 8k-30 fps, 4k-120fps..is shaanadaar ..... plus point focusing bhee mahaan hai video ke bare mein 10/10
    8.1+ 9 or 1+8t ka ek chhota apadet version hai. lekin jaisa ki iske haptic feedback aur game prosesing ke baare mein launch mein dikhaaya gaya hai ... mujhe personally pasand aaya hai aur yah sastee hai isalie agar main khareedana chaahata hoon to main 1+ 9R ke lie jaoonga. 1+9 ke bajaay jaisa ki yaha same performance hai jise ham vanaplas 9 par praapt kar sakate hain [pro nahin]
    9.All 9 series excellent .... lekin mujhe lagata hai ki ek complete macro lens kee tarah kuchh cheejen gaayab hain..unke rating keval 9 pro tak seemit hai, iske lie yah bhee hona chaahie !! .....1+ 9 chaahie !! isme bhi 50watts wireless charger hai.... achchhee tarah se sabhi phone mein shaanadaar features hain jo shaanadaar features hain ... mujhe personally bahut pasand aaya.
    Thank you.

Gor.V likes this.
  12. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 5, 2021

YRJ , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Oh! You probably misunderstood. You are free to use the images, there is no need to remove them. Just add the relevant source.
    Hi there,

OIS - Optical image stabilization let's you take sharper looking images by compensating for camera movements during image capture. It also helps when recording videos. In the recent AMA OnePlus said that they removed OIS from the 9 to cut on costs.

Caomhin, Gor.V and Dresa91 like this.
  13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 5, 2021

YRJ , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Hi Jatin,

Since this is a global forum and the contest is open to everyone, your entry must be in English only.

Caomhin, Gor.V and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Archit@123
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2021

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021

Caomhin and Gor.V like this.
  15. whatsthatshmel
    Donut Apr 5, 2021

whatsthatshmel , Apr 5, 2021 :
    Here goes my entry! Warning: Bullet Pun-ts intended. :D
    • Camera. Looks like I won't have to think twice ever again when I'm about to shoot my shot. Safe to say we are all over the moon about the partnership between Oneplus and Hasselblad. The only thing that's a blur to me is the Nonochrome lens. Nope. Not a typo.
    • Battery. I mean...65....WHAT? The Ad showcasing the wireless capabilities of the 9 series alongside 'other phones' literally got us all charged up. As they say, All is fair in Love and Warp.
    • Display 2.0. Switching all the way down to 1Hz on the fly? LTPOh My! Smart, bright and an A+ rating = All our parents wooed. Consider the Indian market dominated. Heh heh.
    • Design. Thank God. I finally have something else I rather hold in my hand at night. Just kidding. I hold it all the time. Although, I will come clean and say that the glossy finish isn't ideal. But hey...who knows? Maybe it doesn't Matte-r to most!
    • OS. My favorite kind of peanut butter...Smooth. As for the 'other phone' users out there...trust me, they see me scrolling, they hatin'.
    • Haptics. Ah vibrations. Always manages to turn me on. I simply do not know why people choose not to speak more openly about this. If you ask me, It's not just a phone, its a feeling.
    • Performance. Enter the dragon! You'll know just how good it is when you take it to bed with you. Believe me when I say you won't be screaming "Faster!" anymore. Think I'm lying? Fine. I would 888 to say I told you so.
    • Colors. Once again the glossy finish might be a hit or mist for some. But if you manage to keep it void of fingerprints, its a stunner. (9)Pro tip: Two words. Stellar Black.
    • Price. Sure. The 9 Pro is a tad bit expensive. But with all the features on offer, the partnership with Hasselblad and all the above points, it's to be expected. There are no other phones out there that can match the value Oneplus brings to the table. Also, the three models in the 9 series line-up offers something for multiple price points. All good things come at a price. After all, it IS a Pro-mium phone. (Sorry, not sorry).
    Was about to make another point when I went through the rules once again and saw the limit. Guess I really dodged a bullet there huh? Jokes aside, huge thanks to Oneplus for the opportunity to share and create.

All the best to all the reviews and entries!

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021

YRJ and Gor.V like this.
  16. O1617657029625
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

O1617657029625 , via OnePlus 8 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    I am Tushar paniya
    nd I am writing the 9 Point about 1+9 💯💯

1. All CMFs are gorgeous as always but that Winter Mist is deluxe. Flawless.
    2. Warp Charge just hit another level with 9 Pro. Breathless.
    3. That 9 Pro display is a darling. Love.
    4. Free form lens & 4K@120fps are the new norms. Trendsetters.
    5. As hyped, the colors are true to life. Precision.
    6. Premium Design and Premium OS. Permanent.
    7. A new era begins with OnePlus 9 x Hasselblad. Better things to come. Futuristic.
    8. A little tough on the pocket. Worthy.
    9. The 9 Series is for everyone - Flagship killer to Flagship to Premium Flagship. I love this brand [e]2764[/e]️

YRJ and Gor.V like this.
  17. I1600947056936
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2021

I1600947056936 , Apr 5, 2021 :
    1 The screen is great, you can say many things but they definitely got that straight

2 I love the feel in hand, not to small and not to grand

3 On the matte black there is not a smudge to see, as the back is smooth and fingerprint free

4 The lovely matching free case assures that I can keep my
    phone and keys in the same pocket space

5 Selfies come out fine, but drop the light and the front camera doesn't really shine

6 The wide and ultra wide however blew me away, not even in the dark did it go astray

7 What was that in the sky? A plain? A star? I never knew as the telephoto doesn't go that far...

8 Alas the battery is to cry for. 3,5 to 4 h sot is nothing to die for.

9 Luckily charging speeds aren't iffy, you're back to 100% in a jiffy

YRJ, T3stdr1ve and Gor.V like this.
  18. johnhart
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2021

johnhart , Apr 6, 2021 :
    My first Android phone was the OP3. $399 and a wow. Never Settle? How about Never Going Back to Apple. Next up was the OP6T. Loved the teardrop, the inscreen fingerprint thing. Apple still sucks.

Now the OnePlus 9 5G. In no order.

1. Weak color choices. Blah and violet. Their should be 6 choices.

2. Xiaomi isn't in America yet, which means carriers kind of choose your phones for you. Especially if you want 5G. If Xiaomi did support T-Mobile -- I would have purchased one of their newest releases. If I sold my 6T on eBay I think I would have had a new phone for around $250-$350. But instead --

3. -- T-Mobile had a half-off deal. Not bad, but counting my trade in as $100 I spent $460ish for the OP9. To get all the 5G tastiness was kinda worth it. Because --

4. -- 4G didn't work inside my house. Just barely. 4 Megabits. 5G makes it 40 Megabits. Yum.

5. A definite upgrade from the OP6T but nothing to go crazy for. However it is noticeably faster.

6. People go insane for the 120 hz screen. I barely notice the difference. And to think peeps were going wild for 90 hz. It's nice to have, I suppose. So thanks.

7. Thanks for charger! (But where was the phone case? Nothing beats a custom fit case. And they're stupid cheap.)

8. Another reason I went with OnePlus was this forum. Xiaomi's boards are a sort of mess and I find some Chinese boards will lock you out if they fear your criticism is valid.

9. I'd prefer the punchhole centered. But again -- the carrier leaves me no choice. 2.whatever years from now I think things are going to be really different in America.

YRJ and Gor.V like this.
  19. xXAstroXx
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2021

xXAstroXx , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 6, 2021 :
    My Horrible Experience with the OnePlus 9

1) We still are unable to post within the community app on the OnePlus 9 itself....

2) Plastic Frame...

3) No OIS on OnePlus 9...at €699/$730 is ridiculous...the lack of OIS also hurts low light and night shots, where the 8 actually turns out better photos in these conditions.

4) 888 overheating (I think this is a SoC design flaw and not necessarily a OnePlus issue).

5) In North America THERE WAS NO PRE-ORDER (don't lie and say it was sold out as it was never there to begin with) for the OnePlus 9 12GB+256GM Model (No matter blue color either, no dual sim...) nor was there the OnePlus 9 Pro 8GB+128GB model...this created an artificial price gap and so much was sacrificed on the 9 compared to the 8 that you either stuck with the inferior 9 or ponied up over $300 to get better specs...no other manufacturer does this.... that's just ridiculous.

6) The camera is really not all that better bad I think the Hasselblad was just for marketing, because I think my 7T takes better photos and don't get me started on my 8 Pro. Future software updates can only do so much.

7) it just feels so cheap....I really don't even believe it's gorilla glass on the back, b/c of how cheap the phone feels.

8)888, LPDDR5, UFS 3.1 are a powerhouse combo

9) Battery Life is great I will admit even with 120Hz enabled on the OnePlus 9.

10) Still debating on whether I should return it or not. Not sure why I went with the 9 instead of the 9 Pro when I have my 8 Pro...oh yeah...the new norm and faltering software updates with their older devices pushed me towards a new model but will not pay a $1000+ when I can get a better device from Samsung, Xiaomi, OPPO!, etc for less....my brand loyalty at this point is near zero and I've been a fan since the OG 1+ cir. 2014....

I understand a company can survive off thin profit margins, but now OP is just being greedy and has since the 7 series. They need to stop using Never Settle and come up with a new slogan, because it no longer can be applied to their devices or company sadly.

Note if this post is deleted by mods I have my answer to what I'll be doing. It's asking for my impression and I'm giving it. Everything is not all rainbows and sunshine 😀

Gor.V likes this.
  20. I1540388758617
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2021

I1540388758617 , Apr 6, 2021 :
    here is my entry:
    1. Still bad OS support,... you can be on the moon now, but you will always continue to get infrequent updates. Although the hardware offers better and more regular update support, this is not supported.
    2. I am in love with Pine Green .
    3. The new wireless charging is so impressive! You don't really need a wired charger. Perhaps a glimpse into the future?
    4. Hasselblad x OnePlus: a wedding on three years: Hopefully no premature divorce - I wish much success for the partnership and an extension to the three years.
    5. The alert slider is probably the only constant and THE trademark par excellence. Hopefully the function can be extended - depending on which apps are used: e.g. quick access to pro-mode profiles in the camera.
    6. No pop-up box - or I missed it....Here OnePlus breaks with tradition - too bad .
    7. With the color Stellar Black there is again a nostalgia factor
    8. Whether online or offline event: OnePlus ROCKS launch events. But an offline event is still the best .
    9. Al the best for the OnePlus 9 Series Experts and good luck OnePlus I hope this program will be successful.
    Thanks @YRJ for the contest!!

YRJ and Gor.V like this.