[CONTEST] Share nine impressions about the OnePlus 9, win a OnePlus Watch

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 2, 2021

YRJ , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Hey there,

I'm just a user like you, so I don't think I'm the intended recipient of your message however, I'd like to say that the 9 and the 9Pro were launched together. So what market strategy are you talking about?

Gor.V and Dresa91 like this.
  2. safi munshi , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 2, 2021 :
    My Impressions To The New Beast🔥 are

1. It has Snapdragon 888 5G which makes it an immense powerful device for Gaming.

2. It has a 4,500mAh battery with 65W fast charging which Makes It to Run along Whole day

3. The ultra-wide camera is with a larger sensor compare toh the previous OnePlus devices and the collaboration with Hasselband makes it quite more interesting.

4.Good ergonomics

4. 120Hz display

5. Speedy performance

6. Lacks IP rating [ Exception 9 Pro]

7. selfie camera is average

9. Plastic frame instead of metal [ Exception 9 Pro]

Instead Of these Pros And Cons This Device is a Beast 🔥

3. AdityaMagdum108
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2021

AdityaMagdum108 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    @YRJ is this okay now?

YRJ likes this.
  4. SRD.
    Lollipop Apr 2, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Another opportunity to win a watch. Thanks @YRJ. I'll give my best shot.

So, here are my first 9 impressions on the Oneplus 9 series-
    • Impression-1: COLOR OPTIONS Bill Allen in 1950 said, "Black is beautiful". I took in those words until I saw the pine green color option.
    The color options of Oneplus 9 & Oneplus 9 Pro are nonpareil as these are inspired by nature. Astral or Stellar black; Morning or winter mist or arctic sky, it's difficult to choose among these superlative colors.

There are impressive color options for the Oneplus 9 series.

• Impression-2: A BETTER CAMERA During the Oneplus Community Award 2020, An award was presented to @Jimmy Z. which says "AREA THAT NEEDS MOST IMPROVEMENT" - is 'Camera" and I think Oneplus took a great step in partnering with Hasselblad for first of a kind camera.
    "Natural color Calibration with Hasselblad", The images which were presented on social media drew great attention all around the globe. The camera arrangement could have been better. There is no Pro-mode in the ultra-wide-angle lens.

So, the Camera has improved but needs some more work.

• Impression-3: FLAGSHIP HARDWARE Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G integrates the future-ready X60 modem built on 5 nm process node, Qualcomm Spectra 580 image signal processor for faster processing & enhanced image quality with 8K support.
    The performance of the Oneplus 9 series is definitely top-notch with the integrated hardware. Different frames of Oneplus 9 & 9 Pro could have been avoided.
    So, the Connectivity, processing speed, the gaming experience has improved from their predecessors.

• Impression-4: BETTER DISPLAY Rainbow has 7 colors but the Oneplus9 series has more than a billion.
    Display mate A+ rating, QHD+ resolution, 10-bit color depth, HDR10 +, Automatic color temperature adjustment, LTPO backplane & hyper touch technology, and a variable refresh rate from 1 Hz to 120 Hz looks good on paper.
    The Oneplus 9 series has a better display, color production with less power consumption.

• Impression-5: FAST CHARGING Time is money and I would like to save it as much as possible.
    50 Watt Wireless charging charges the phone from 1 to 100 % in 43 minutes, it's really really fast.
    65T Watt WARP charge in the box saves a huge amount of time on the go. It takes just 29 minutes for a 100 % charge.
    So, A great improvement was made in terms of wireless charging.

• Impression-6: OPERATING SYSTEM Oxygen OS or Color OS?
    The Chinese edition of the Oneplus 9 series includes Color OS but the International edition includes the same Oxygen OS, so what's cooking? Is Color OS the next Oxygen OS? Time'll tell.

My first impression of OS is not so good not so bad, Oxygen OS always needs some refinement and that holds true even today.

• Impression-7: PRICE Overpriced or Price at a higher side?
    Buying a smartphone totally depends upon how Value for money it is. The quality of hardware and R&D Oneplus has put on for transforming into a flagship device from a flagship killer, a high price is justified or not, only time tell.
    My first impression on Pricing of the Oneplus 9 series is "Price is Justified if the Hasselblad partnership justifies the image quality".

• Impression-8: COMPETITION In the league of Samsung S21 Ultra, iPhone 12 max pro, or in a different league?
    Oneplus officially compares its device with the best available in the market and concludes it as more value for money. Wait, there are more tough competitors.

I feel that the competition of the Oneplus 9 Series is neither iPhone 12 Pro max nor Samsung S21 Ultra, rather it's with the upcoming Vivo X60 Pro plus with Zeiss optics and Xiaomi Mi11 Ultra.

• Impression-9: MARKETING The marketing of the Oneplus 9 series has been excellent so far with the moon shot legacy of Hasselblad to the true color competition around the globe.
    The camera performance needs to stand up to the expectation as it's the sole marketing theme throughout.
    Oneplus is having a strong marketing team that can influence the mass. This time it's all about Hasselblad & Camera. The launch event was almost perfect with great visuals and great content.

These are my personal impression of the Oneplus9 series and I am sure these impressions are common for most users.

May the Onplus and Hasselblad partnership take the device to a newer height of mobile photography.

Thanks, @YRJ again for the opportunity to express my thoughts on the new Oneplus 9 Series device.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021

dom_k, Caomhin, The Dinosaur and 6 others like this.
  5. Drasm19
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2021

Drasm19 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Based purely on using a co-worker's OnePlus 9 pro for less than one hour**:

1) Routine Hardware, mediocre software:
    OnePlus flagships are known for having the best of the best when it comes to hardware, and except for the cameras, it delivers on every part of the hardware experience.
    Oxygen OS 11 based on Android 11 is fluid and responsive at first, but starts to have stuttering issues once the refresh rate drops down.
    It checks every box that there is, rest assured, you are getting top-of-the line performance, provided that the software ages like a fine wine with the time. (More on this later.)

2) Not the best bang for your buck:
    For a company that started off as flagship killer, OnePlus has come a long way, probably a bit too far.

Vivo X60 Pro Plus has almost everything that OnePlus 9 Pro has, but beats OnePlus 9 Pro hands down when it comes to photography. Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S21 and even Pixel 4a seem to outperform Oneplus 9 pro in the optics. OnePlus 9 pro sold in India isn't really future proof either, it doesn't have a lot of 5g bands that it's US counterpart have, frankly this isn't an issue per se, as India is yet to have any 5g infrastructure built in place to take advantage of it but at this price point, it honestly feels like cheating.

3) Let's talk about Hasselblad:
    If you happen miss the Hasselblad branding on the cover, phone and the camera module / if you didn't stumble across the moonshots or the aggressive marketing campaigns, here's some news for you: OnePlus has partnered with Hasselblad for a 3 year long adventure, their first offering being OnePlus 9 series.

Where do we start? There's no specially co-developed hardware, their colour tuning is often a hit and a miss.
    They've strived hard to give the user natural looking photos, devoid of any over saturation or noticeable loss of detail.

Pros: Skin tones look way improved now, much better and real-to life than previous OnePlus devices.
    Ultrawide camera is probably the best we've seen from any smartphone maker, period.
    Future updates can improve the low light performance as it only looks limited by it's current software.

Cons: Depends on whom you ask, Hasselblad colour science is a mixed bag of cookies, you can't expect two of them to be alike. Sometimes it goes to the extreme to desaturate a photo, resulting in less than pleasing pictures.
    The 2 megapixel camera on both the devices were frankly unnecessary, could've used the money somewhere else.
    It almost feels like OnePlus was too busy with the primary shooter that it forgot about the front camera.
    Photos taken with front camera look mediocre at best. Unless they come up with an update, don't bother purchasing this phone for selfies.

4) Build Quality isn't something to goof around with:
    OnePlus 9 comes with a hard plastic back. Now, OnePlus is not the first company to do this, but the execution of this idea leaves a lot of room for improvement.
    Galaxy S21, despite being made of hard plastic, doesn't feel cheap on hands, OnePlus 9 looks like a 300$ midrange device.
    OnePlus 9 pro on the other hand is a fingerprint magnet.
    For the life of me, I can't understand why does a company like Oneplus, which perfected the matte finish, would want to go back to something so visually unappealing?

P.S: Don't fix it, if it ain't broken.

5) Ultra Fast charging, wired & wireless!:
    Credit where it's due, 65W wired charging and 50W wireless charging makes the OnePlus 9 series one of the best phones in this segment. I've always admired OnePlus for it's quick top-ups and 9 series isn't an exception.
    I guess 65W is a sweet spot when it comes to fast charging and prolonged battery health.
    I'm not a huge fan of the concept of wireless charging, I believe it's an unnecessary waste of electricity but if you dig it, I'd urge you to go for the 70$ Oneplus charger, which seems to do the job more efficiently.

4500mAh isn't sloppy by any definition of the word, but battery drain issues on android 11 and taking overall battery health into consideration, 5000mAh or higher for the Pro variant would have been nice.

6) If you haven't been spoiled by the 7/7T pro, here's the next best thing:
    *Climbs on top of Mount Everest and screams on top of my voice*

OnePlus 7T pro has the best display I've ever used in a smartphone. I know, know..there are better displays which pack crazy amount of pixels and a billion colours but if you aren't like me, Oneplus 9 pro has the best display on any Oneplus device so far.
    The notch is almost easy to forget and doesn't distract you. (*Coughs* IPhone)
    The new LTPO display aims to be battery efficient and vivid, but falls somewhere in the middle.

I hated the occasional stutter that I encountered while using the device and it made me appreciate my two year old device even more.
    I wish there was an option to lock the frame rate at 120 or 90Hz.
    Display gets plenty bright (Whopping 1655 nits!!)& you won't struggle to read on a sunny day, thanks to having the market leading 4.4% screen reflectance.
    Some of the display results according to DisplayMate were "visually indistinguishable from perfect".

The touch response rate is incredible, photos and videos look visually stunning and when all cylinders are firing, the display is a piece of art to behold.
    If Oneplus manages to tackle the odd stuttering issue at low refresh rate, this display can stand toe to toe with much costlier Galaxy S21 Ultra

The curves aren't sharp enough to cause ghost touches and adds to the overall appeal of the device, plus it feels nice to hold on hands, unlike some other offerings in the market (*coughs* Iphone 12)

7) Software, Let's have a talk:
    OnePlus has always prided itself as arguably the best android phone maker when it comes to software. I still remember when OnePlus made the switch from CyanogenMod to Oxygen OS.
    I wanted OnePlus to succeed, a future of lag-free android experience was too beautiful a dream to not aspire for.
    Over the years, OnePlus has delivered on that front, until recently.
    The way OnePlus has been (mis)treating the older devices, makes me wonder what's in store for these flagships?
    You can have the best hardware that money can buy but if you don't have a clean software to top it off, it is doomed to fail. OnePlus has one of the most engaging and understanding audience, a community that believes in the brand.
    OnePlus needs to stop making promises and start showing results, they also need to step-up their software support or will have to painfully watch others steal their shine.

P.S: Dear OnePlus, stop overpromising and underdelivering.
    for Pete's sake (see what I did there?), invest a fraction of your marketing budget in your software development front.

8) Pricing, Understandable:
    *Lay down your pitchforks and listen to me*

At 1100$, OnePlus isn't the best flagship you can afford. Thankfully, we have options, plenty of them.
    Qualcomm is the biggest market manipulator when it comes to flagship pricing these days, their pricing of the chipset trickles down to evey aspect of the phone.

IP68, Wireless charging, 5g, Blazing fast performance, reasonable camera and Oxygen OS makes the price look reasonable, only if OnePlus delivers on all of its promises.

9) Why should you go for Oneplus?:
    At 1100$ (~1200$, if you go for the Oneplus wireless charger) OnePlus isn't the only flagship that makes sense.
    The competition is fierce and catching up very fast.
    As for me, it comes down to personal preference, having used close to 6 OnePlus devices, I'm (too) fond of their software experience. Although recent events are making me seriously reconsider my future choices, I still believe that Oneplus will deliver on its responsibilities down the line. I've been one of the harshest critics of OnePlus on this forum, call me old-school, but it breaks my heart to see the direction in which OnePlus is heading.
    Yet, I've wasted close to an hour writing this review, because at the end of the day, that's how much I love this company.

So, if you want a close to stock software experience coupled with quality hardware, if you aren't too much of a camera centric person and if you live in US, OnePlus 9 Pro is the sweet middle ground.

Go with the pro model, as a rule of thumb with OnePlus devices.

If you are short on budget, last year's 8T or this year's OnePlus 9R is a good option for you.
    If you can spend a little over your budget, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Snapdragon (SD865) Variant has been recently announced for South Asian/Indian markets.

If reliable software support/ timely updates, superior
    camera performance and dependability are the things that you are looking for, thankfully, there are plenty of better options in the market today.

**I understand that my post goes against the rules of this contest, it is neither short nor in bullet points & I'm perfectly fine with that, this was my honest review of the device, chopping it down to tid bits would've essentially ruined it.
    Thankyou for making it this far. I wouldn't blame you, if you skipped my whole post.
    Peace.

Gor.V, YRJ, Dhruv Kashyap and 4 others like this.
  6. virkumar , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Apr 2, 2021 :
    But now all those who want 9 in the market are going to 9 Pro. What will people with low budgets do?

8. killingclown007 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Battery Discharges very Quick than expected....Plz fix it soon through an Update...

This is the only thing that made me upset from the device

OnePlus plz look into this Battery Draining issue at the earliest.....

Gor.V likes this.
  9. KhanAamer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2021

KhanAamer , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Sales for the device OnePlus 9 will be starting from 14 April....

11. Kaustubh2003 , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Apr 2, 2021 :
    1. "I am power" says OnePlus 9 with sd 888 processor
    2."Hasselblad x OnePlus?? Now that's some real top level camera shit. No wonder if it gets the best camera award of 2021 by mkbhd.
    3. As usual, the best colourful display, which I really fell in love, with 120hz
    4. Well, the colors available for the OnePlus 9 series are just mind-blowing, especially the pine green
    5. The screaming fast and buttery smooth OOS as usual
    6. Warp charge 65t? It's just amazing that charging to 100 takes just 30 min. That's makes it for charging fans
    7. I really love the 9 series design, but the central camera was the oneplus thing.
    8. Now I can take my phone to the pool, as it has a decent IP68 rating.
    9. A little messed up price, maybe due to the collaboration with hasselblad, if the pricing was a little down, the OnePlus 9 series would be a perfect phone.

Gor.V, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  12. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2021

ShreyasPatil_ , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Very interesting contest @YRJ. Being a chess fan, I will use that reference to share my 9 impressions.

1) Camera(Queen): The most powerful piece on the board is the camera of the OnePlus 9 Series with an improved ultrawide camera, Hasselblad collaboration, and 8K Video shooting capabilities. The Hasselblad Camera can checkmate any other device's camera.
    2) Processor(Rook): The second most powerful piece is the Snapdragon 888. With incredible performance and processing improvement, it will complete all the tasks briskly for you.
    3) Charging Technology(Knight): It is the trickiest part of the phone. It can fork two pieces at once i.e. Warp Charge 65T and Wireless Charge 50W. It beats all the existing charging technologies and provides the best charging speed.
    4) Display(Bishop): The LTPO display with a variable refresh rate from 1-120 Hz is just like the bishop. Once we fianchetto, it will serve us the best battery life.
    5) Design(King): One of the most critical parts of the device is the design. The visually appealing aspect is the phone's design, and it doesn't fail to impress me.
    6) Oxygen OS 11(Pawn): Although OOS 11 brought many of the most awaited features to the OnePlus device, it didn't create the most significant impact. It is slowly moving ahead, and once it reaches the eighth rank, OOS can convert it into the most potent piece, i.e., Queen.
    7) 5G Support(Pawn): I was surprised that it comes with only two 5G bands unlocked. I think it needs to be improved, i.e., the pawn requires to promote itself and unlock more 5G bands to make him future proof.
    8) Fingerprint Scanner(Pawn): The fingerprint scanner's placement is at the bottom of the screen, which might take time to get used to it. It should have ideally been slightly above.
    9) Charging Brick(Rook): It was great to hear that OnePlus didn't drop charging brick inside the box, unlike other brands. It is a great plus point to the device and makes it stand out.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021

Caomhin, Gor.V, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  13. Aaron2017
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Very well written mate, with some excellent points you made there. Kudos 👍

14. iamrj
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2021

iamrj , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Camera performance, hardware, elegent design looks, ram, battery, oxygen os, display, storage.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021

Karanb247 likes this.
  15. Drasm19
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2021

Drasm19 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Thanks!

Remind me to take yoga classe from you in future.

I'm always amazed by your professional and calm responses to hundreds of angry rants across multiple threads.
    People like you are the reason I love being part of this community.

I'm certain that you'll attain Nirvana later in your life.
    Let me know when that happens.

JvdBeemt, Karanb247, Gor.V and 4 others like this.
  16. anmol.butta
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

anmol.butta , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Here are my 9 cents on the 9 series:

1. Camera: Gotta be the first talking point and I'm afraid it's not the quality but the perception. That's the overall consensus I feel since even though it has improved, everyone feels the marketing harmed how it was perceived.
    2. Launch: The launch of the phone was everything there could be. The build up everywhere. The digital connection to the OnePlus fans☑️. Pretty cool.
    3. Looks: Everytime the trademark colour comes out for a OnePlus phone, it's offbeat and that's always my favourite part. No matter what colour it is, OnePlus always manages to make the phone look absolutely premium.
    4. Display: The display is everything for a OP phone. It's really smooth and looks smooth even before the phone is switched on given it's design. Could've maybe had 144Hz but it definitely is a good choice to enhance the already given 120Hz to it's best with the 2.0.
    5. Models: The models is where I think OnePlus is slightly going wrong. The Pro version is clearly the absolute requirement but by getting rid of the pro with the 8T was a brilliant move. That's how it should be. If a phone isn't gonna strike a chord with a whole group of people, it's better to not throw it in for the sake of it and I feel the 9R and the 9 pro phones alone could've managed to do the business.
    6. Prices: The prices of all the phones are comparatively a little higher to the last gen and that's not the direction I feel the company should be taking but they're still pretty competitive and the OP 9R is the best priced phone for me.
    7. Battery: By improving the charging mechanism, OnePlus has really taken this series to another level. They've introduced unforeseen speeds which anyone out there will have a hard time to compete with and really leaves their mark on this ever evolving tech.
    8. Community: I think this should be a really important aspect. OnePlus is making phones that makes their community proud but they should be doing something to stand apart as well. Their phones shouldn't just be about aiming to build the same phones at cheaper prices. It should also have a little trademark of their own based on what it's community wants in general.
    9. Consensus: Looking at so many reviews, it definitely seems like OnePlus has launched another great series with everyone mostly satisfied. Everything was already great but they took it another notch above. Can't wait to see the og OnePlus to return and make some breakthrough changes in the smartphone world.

Gor.V, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  17. ReeseB
    Froyo Apr 2, 2021

ReeseB , via OnePlus 7T Pro 5G , Apr 2, 2021 :
    1. One of a kind OnePlus nine is feverishly fast.

2. Leave from the display, front camera's dead pixel array.

3. Thankful for models that offer the popup cam, horray!

4. Sleek and clean, check out that morning mist sheen!

5. Maybe your thing is a bit of pine green!

6. HDR10 plus, 120 hertz, amoled that's what I said.

7. Fluid smooth, open the door, this won't be bore.

8. Speakers so loud, crisp you cant hear pop snore.

9. Oh don't be last, get your oneplus nine, fast!

My 9x9!

Caomhin, Gor.V and YRJ like this.
  18. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Apr 2, 2021

TibiTibi , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Let me share the Tibi's list of nine thoughts:
    1. The best CPU SD888 is a winner. 🏆
    2. New and custom camera sensors are welcome here. ,🤘
    3. Usage of free form lense that's the way i like it. 😻
    4. Hasselblad color profile is close to reality. 😎
    5. Neat colors - I still prefer mate finish so the green pine is mine. 🌲
    6. Fastest charging ever of course. 👍
    7. I want to see that 120 Hz LPTO amoled display with 10 bits color table in real life. ☀️
    8. Not impressive SOT maybe it is time for graphene? 🤫
    9. I would welcome more and better customization. 🤞

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021

dom_k, Caomhin, hennes and 10 others like this.
  19. GodBody83
    Cupcake Apr 2, 2021

GodBody83 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Hello all!

I've been in the Android game for about 11 years. For me, any Android device from any year/model needs correction out of the box before I can use/trust/enjoy my Android experience (Root/Debloat/Bye Bye Google/Facebook+the rest).

For me, root stops me from having to share my device and it's data with strangers 24/7. Yeah, I'm that guy. Sorry.

My device choice has been directly linked to ease-of-root. I need that Viper4Android/Adaway thing off the bat.

And now here I am, my first Oneplus device (9 5g Pro T-mobile) I recieved 4/1/2021.

I'm not here to win a watch, but I did wish to give my impressions on this device from a straight newb-to-Oneplus point-of-view.

1. The box was the most beautiful phone box I had ever seen...ever. It's like lipstick red or something...hot Af.

2. Big-*** charger...but the charge cable was male/male with no USB adapter. $1099+tax, and no USB adapter. For that kind of money, the adapter should have been a no-brainer...FAIL.

To be fair, I laughed at my girlfriend when her Sammy A21 came with no wall charger.

Anyways...

3. The exclusion of the Facebook app and it's background services from the OS. Yay!

4. The talk of "Super Resolution" intrigued me, I was pissed when such features consume more battery, because all the OP Hype Guys kicked it like QHD+ ran natively and the battery/proc could handle it...grrrr!!!

5. FHD+ is good enough. When paired with the vivid setting IMO.

6. I swallowed a lot of pride and ignored the player-hating voices in my head by forgoing my usual headphone jack on-device (Directly related to Viper4Android). Thusfar, my Bose BT cans sound very nice without V4A installed yet. Well done Oneplus!

7. I forgot to add...the Arctic Silver looks and feels very close to premium. The build quality does not inspire confidence IMO. But, it can take the water! Hopefully, I never find out.

8. I let go my SD card fantasy with this device. Now, if my device goes under with my files, I cannot salvage the SD card and get a new device. I am now a slave to frequent backups. But, it's mad easy to root, so eff it!

9. Oneplus/Google have now grayed out even more user-accessible permissions to certain system apps (Google insists on having Physical Health permission constantly running, My BT headphones do not need Location nor SMS storage for music enjoyment...permission denied. Will be corrected with root.

10. To me, call quality was not bad, though I expected a game-changer. In contrast, my old ladys' A21 is buttery smooth while listening to calls. Improved call quality was immediately noticed by me on her device over the Oneplus. As long as the call doesn't drop, I don't care.

11. The menus flow wonderfully, all button presses were responsive. The speakers are pretty darn good (With FLAC) and the three audio compensation selections actually did what they said. In this price range, DSP with adjustable EQ controls should have been baked in. Geez.

12. What is the deal with changing the lockscreen wallpaper? It took me 2 hours to figure out to press the left side of the screen to execute a 3 second move in normal Android. No directions at all. Dare to be different I guess...

13. Movies look creepy-good on this baby! it was worth tearing my battery up on QHD+ to watch John Wick 3. Oneplus absolutely nailed this! Two thumbs up!

14. The camera is an awesome surprise. I always shoot RAW as a firm believer in doing my own post processing. All photos can be better. My test pics were not as densely saturated as my old ladys' A21, but they are still high quality depite pre-processing. Your selfie game improves with this camera, your photos are of high quality.

15. Overall, I really do enjoy the phone so far (Not even 24 hours yet). The device has the horsepower to deliver a better than average experience for daily use, and will deliver more after root. Samsung has a little more polish, but the Sammies are so weighted down with bloat and other nonsense, that take users yet further away from a purer/cleaner Android experience by fooling them with camera features, while slowly becoming the first locked-down Android I-Phone (Two more years). Which means nothing to users who simply turn on everything, question nothing, and go on their merry way.

Seeing what is coming with all of that, I did my homework and bolted to Oneplus, who apperently HELPS you unlock your bootloader. So for me Oneplus is super-duper great, and they have a fine start to a true flagship-murdering device.

Sorry for legnth if you made it this far. Sorry for the jumble of ideas, as it came to me as I typed.