[CONTEST] What is your place's famous cuisine?

1. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 23, 2019

gaster , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Hi food lovers. Possibly some of you already know about the traditional Greek food I am going to post. It called Greek Moussaka and it's actually the most famous dish of the Greek cuisine in every location of the whole country such Athens, Thessaloniki etc. It's a pretty tasty dish and specially many tourists mentioning this when they try it in their holidays in Greece. Moussaka has a special look and the material that doing this job is the bechamel. The whole dish is made by the following food materials:

Potatoes, olive oil, onion, zucchinis, eggplants, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, granulated sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, tomato paste, ground beef, canned tomatoes, butter, flours, milk, parmesan cheese and egg yolks. If you never tried Moussaka, I suggest you to do it so. You ll probably enjoy this. There are recipes that you can find easily but if you ever come to Greece, try the traditional one. (Of course don't forget to try also the Greek Giros and Souvlaki with Tzatziki :D).

Have a nice weekend everyone.​

Greek Moussaka:

greek_mousaka.jpg

2. Nishikant Singh
    Eclair Nov 23, 2019

Nishikant Singh , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Litti Chokha from Bihar, India

1574534831866.jpg

1574534831881.jpg
    Litti is made from sattu mixed with few spices and filled in dough made from wheat flour. It is baked over wooden fire. Chokha is combination of mashed potatoes, grilled brinjal, tomatoes etc. Pour little ghee in the litti.. Its just beyond the world..

3. C1574525995878 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Paranthas are definitely on the top of the list when it comes to famous food in Delhi. Choose from a plain one or select a stuffing of your choice - potatoes, cauliflower, radish, eggs, keema, bananas and other stuffs
    1574535318523.jpg
    if you are hungry just came out from your place any time and you will get party for your empty stomach with delicious Paranthas.

4. Ruy_peixoto
    Froyo Nov 23, 2019

Ruy_peixoto , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 23, 2019 :
    1574535968904.jpg

1574535968935.jpg

1574535968848.jpg
    1574535968985.jpg

1574535968964.jpg

typical dishes of my region (serrana rio de janeiro Brazil) rocambole guava roulade, gourmet sit-down or tomato pasta burger, risole drumstick and kibe. the burgers come out smoked with fruit wood and lots of bacon. why bacon
    is life. the last dish is a feijoada with a lot of crackling and chorizo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019

5. Ruy_peixoto
    Froyo Nov 23, 2019

Prato típico do rio de janeiro Brasil
    farofa de mandioca

Ingredientes

2 Xícaras (de chá) de Farinha de Mandioca

4 Colheres (de sopa) de Manteiga

5 Bifes de Picanha (já grelhados)

Azeite a gosto

¼ Xícara (de chá) de Azeitonas picadas

1 Colher (de sopa) de Coentro em Grãos - Cocina Mix

Sal a gosto

¼ Xícara (de chá) de Cheiro Verde

Instruções de preparação

Em uma frigideira coloque a manteiga e deixe derreter.

Retire a gordura da picanha e fatie os bifes.

Quando a manteiga estiver derretida, adicione um fio de azeite e a picanha (já fatiada). Frite a picanha.

Adicione na frigideira as azeitonas, o Coentro em Grãos da Cocina Mix, o sal e a farinha de mandioca. Desligue o fogo e acrescente o cheiro verde.

Prato pronto é só servir e bom apetite!

Ingredients

2 Cups of Cassava Flour

4 Tablespoons Butter

5 Picanha Steaks (already grilled)

Olive oil to taste

¼ cup chopped olives

1 tablespoon Coriander Grains - Cocina Mix

Salt to taste

¼ Green Smelling Teacup

Preparation Instructions

In a skillet put the butter and let it melt.

Remove the fat from the rump steak and slice the steaks.

When the butter is melted, add a drizzle of olive oil and the sliced picanha. Fry the rump steak.

Add to the frying pan the olives, coriander grains of cocina mix, salt and manioc flour. Turn off the heat and add the green smell.

Ready dish just serve and bon appetit!

1574536405669.jpg

6. Ruy_peixoto
    Froyo Nov 23, 2019

acai ice cream with banana, strawberry, condensed milk and granola . Prato típico de sobremesa de são Paulo.
    Acai leaves seeds from a palm tree. In São Paulo we eat like ice cream, a delight each puts what he wants on top. Not to eat with salt.
    1574536940334.jpg

1574537205690.jpg

1574537267736.jpg

1574537267761.jpg

1574537267777.jpg
    Highly nutritious value. the acai berry besides being tasty has saved a lot of children from malnutrition

7. Starcommander
    Lollipop Nov 23, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 23, 2019 :
    This brought a smile to my face

Ruy_peixoto and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  8. FOUSSA
    Donut Nov 23, 2019

9. C1543246824810
    Donut Nov 23, 2019

Attached Files:

10. teopanta1
    Eclair Nov 23, 2019

Wonderwoman13 and Starcommander like this.
  11. insainity
    Eclair Nov 23, 2019

insainity , Nov 23, 2019 :
    [​IMG] As a Canadian, I have got to say it has to be the poutine. There is just something about fries with gravy and big cheese curds that just make it great, it may seem weird to many but you have to give it a shot when you're around here!

12. fadijakoub
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2019

fadijakoub , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 23, 2019 :
    1574542837868.jpg
    Dolma. A middle Eastern dish that is the most popular dish in the Arab and possibly balkan country's. Grape leafs stuffed with rice, meat and spices. served warm, DELICIOUS

13. Jord Vandenplas
    Donut Nov 23, 2019

Jord Vandenplas , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Stoofvlees friet (french fries)

1574544750666.jpg
    when you make it yourself it is the best. Nut you can eat in in the most restaurants in Belgium.

This is a verry famous dish in Belgium. When you visitid someone and you know that's on the menu, it's the beginning of a verry good evening.

it's basicly made of beef, onions, different herbs and beer. It need a long time of boiling if you want it te be good.

14. dhruv.lakhpatia
    Donut Nov 23, 2019

dhruv.lakhpatia , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 23, 2019 :
    1574547424930.jpg

The super yummy Methi Mirchi Paratha with White Butter - Black Dal - Raita - Pickle - Onion Rings & amazing Masala Mirchi

15. riturajreso
    Eclair Nov 23, 2019

riturajreso , Nov 23, 2019 :
    Hi All,

Myself Rituraj, basically I am from Bihar (East India). I live in Bangalore for my Job. And living in South India very interesting flavour of food. Although below mentioned food you will get across The India, but typical South Indian Dosa & Idli are yummy [e]1f60a[/e][e]1f60a[/e][e]1f60a[/e]

Butter Masala Dosa
    1574552010522.jpg

Idli
    1574552010631.jpg

16. manojsurya99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 24, 2019

17. manojsurya99

Starcommander likes this.
  18. Praneet Rane
    Eclair Nov 24, 2019

19. manojsurya99

manojsurya99 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Gray , Nov 24, 2019 :
    Okay.. Cool.. Thanks for more than one post who posted Biryani.. And for all other mouth watering dishes.. Here are few other dishes which i think needs to be mentioned..

If you are in Nepal.. I am sure you would have heard of this name 'Sherpa Stew'.
    Sherpa is basically the local community who will be our guides as a mandatory to get the permission for Everest Base Camp trekking. For that matter, Go Kyo or Annapurna Base Circuit permissions from Sagarmatha National Park also needs Sherpas as guide..
    Preparation of Sherpa Stew.. Cut Potatoes and boil them.. Prepare the Pasta.. Add water to the wheat flour and salt, mix slowly and knead till the whole dough it has the same texture all over.. Set aside.. Add oil to a medium size pot and heat up.. Add the chopped garlic with the spices (salt, pepper, curry and chili powder).. Before the garlic turns golden add the chopped vegetables (carrots and spinach), onions and boiled potatoes.. Let it fry for a couple of minutes.. Add water, rice and a tablespoon of flour.. When the rice is almost ready, but still a bit hard, add more water and the “pasta” you had set aside cut in small pieces. Let it boil for a couple minutes and … Ready!
    Carrot and Spinach along with onion and potatoes are the only vegetables found here (Once you cross Namche, i.e. 10000+ feet above MSL, it's very hard to find Vegetables itself and the transportation is only through yaks).
    And it looks like this:
    1574570949204.jpg

If you come to the one of the newest Union Territory of India, Ladakh, very much into the core villages of this place like Stok (Yes, the place from which Stok Kangri trek starts), the same item mentioned above is called as 'Thukpa'.
    It's similar in preparation except for the fact that here since meat is available in abundance, vegetables can be replaced with meat.. and they don't add rice but bit of pasta or noodles.. basically Thukpa Soup is much yummy and Thukpa is a soupy noodles.. Here's how it looks like:
    1574571470222.jpg

One more but this time unrelated to the two displayed above.. 'Sheer Kurma', a sweet from the Persian Culture, currently can be found in Hyderabad and some places of Lucknow.. This can be found during the end of Ramadan season.. Roast the Nylon Vermicelli in ghee (Mind you this is not the regular vermicelli you can find in any store).. Roast chopped dates, raisins and few other dry fruits.. In a hot pot, heat milk till it's boiled, add sugar(Very less because dates will be added later.. Khurma means dates in Persian language) and nylon vermicelli.. Once it becomes thicker, add a bit of Cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits.. Add saffron to get a unique flavor.. And it looks like this:
    1574572462880.jpg

1574572471942.jpg

20. Vandit_S.S
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2019

Vandit_S.S , via OnePlus 5T , Nov 24, 2019 :
    guys can we add one more food item ?? I have already added but I wanna add 1 more so can I add?? if I do add one more do I get disqualified from the game ?