[CONTEST] What is your place's famous cuisine?

1. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 28, 2019

2. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 28, 2019

Starcommander , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Well sounds great but I guess I am not planning to visit Hyderabad anytime soon...
    However I will definitely visit once I get time!

Ceasedd, Wonderwoman13 and mokaeswar like this.
  3. TheDracula007
    Donut Nov 28, 2019

TheDracula007 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Hey fellas,
    Namaste....
    I would like to share a famous dish of India from a state known as Maharashtra and one from another region known as South Indian Region.
    The First One well-known as "Misal"

1574935468633.jpg
    It contains spicy curry on the left and some crunchy fried snacks on the right.
    We usually eat it with bread and mixing both the contents and adding onion sometimes lemon.
    The Second One known as "Dosa"
    It has many subtypes like paper dosa, Mysore masala dosa (the one in the image),etc.

1574935637616.jpg
    Thank you for reading...!!
    Never settle [e]2764[/e]️

4. D.K.Shukla
    Eclair Nov 28, 2019

5. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Nov 28, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 28, 2019 :
    This busy week is keeping me away from this delicious thread... :sleepy:

Anyway I'm back with what @Cheetosdust was waiting for:

Croquetas!! These typical Spanish deliciousness are tiny bites of heaven. Crunchy outside, soft inside. And they are like pizza, you can put inside anything you like.

The filling is made with some sort of cream, called "bechamel", is made of milk and flour, also onions if you like, and when that is a perfect mix you add anything you'd like. Chicken, jamón, tuna, cheese, mushrooms...

When all is mixed up you have to let it rest and after some hours you take portions of it, shape it, and you cover it with egg and bread crumbs. (If you want extra crunchiness you need to add a layer of flour: egg - flour - egg - bread crumbs)

Then you fry it... And... Welcome to heaven :D

This time the photo is mine, I took it at a restaurant, the best croquetas I've ever tried. (One made of jamón and the other blue cheese...)

Screenshot_20191128-115830.jpg

6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Nov 28, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Hello Bolita,

thank you very much for the photos and the detailed message. Oh, I love bechamel (especially in homemade lasagna). It's pure heaven indeed! That mixed with chicken and mushrooms. I can't even with this cruelty - it's 11h10 here and this is it, this is how I'm going to die: drown in my own drool. :sweat:

You can see the flakes of the breadcrumbs so vividly in your photo, my mouth is a lake. :yum::yum::yum:

I'm just happy you didn't take a photo of a croqueta sliced in half. That would be my KO right there. :grin::expressionless:

7. lakshaydogra04
    Eclair Nov 28, 2019

lakshaydogra04 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Nov 28, 2019 :
    well being a hotelier, an aspiring chef and a Foodie I know how to cook, I am presenting some of the dishes cooked by me in college

1574939374759.jpg
    this is an arabic bread display from the gulf
    it has three breads i-e Challah, Feta Barbara & Lavaash
    all are from arabic cuisine.
    1574939698783.jpg
    A classic meatball spaghetti from the continental cuisine

8. B.I.T.S.

I guess is an act of tiny revenge after your cheesy sandwiches from yesterday... :rolleyes::D

I was too busy tasting then to thing about taking a photo of it sliced in half. You're lucky.

Maybe one day I'll send you some homemade croquetas that can arrive at 11:10 in Portugal so you can taste them while you work. How nice I am, huh? :p

9. Cheetosdust

The thing is: I didn't have any of those sandwiches, you ate the croquetas! :p

You are the best, that would be lovely. However, maybe send them so they can arrive here, I don't know, 11:23 today? That would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much! :D

I'm happy you had them tho, I know how much you love them and now I can't totally see why. :cool:

10. mokaeswar
    Honeycomb Nov 28, 2019

mokaeswar , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Thanks for replying. So, I guess you've tasted the Hyderabadi Biryani, Please visit my home whenever you visit here, you can have another tasty dum Biryani.

Wonderwoman13 and Starcommander like this.
  11. B.I.T.S.

I ate those croquetas months ago... :rolleyes:

So I guess we're both equally hungry. Send me your shipping details and I'll send you some croquetas :D

12. D1541891103129
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

Starcommander likes this.
  13. navya_gandham
    Cupcake Nov 28, 2019

navya_gandham , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Dish name: Biryani
    Place : Hyderabad,India

1574943468712.jpg

Biryani is not just a dish in Hyderabad ,but it's more than a dish ,it's an emotion.

It's a flavoured rice with exotic spices, such as saffron, is layered with lamb, chicken, fish, or vegetables, and a thick gravy. It's served with dahi chutney and mirchi ka salan.

Hyderabadi biryani is generally believed to have originated in the kitchens of the Nizam of Hyderabad, of the historic Hyderabad State, as a blend of Mughlai and Iranian cuisine.

1574943958042.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019

14. Manal Jain
    Eclair Nov 28, 2019

Manal Jain , Nov 28, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    Most famous dish from the Central India- which is known all over the nation. - "Poha"

Indori Poha is a type of flattened rice that is likely to have originated in Indian metropolis of Indore. It contains cooked Poha and is usually served with a unique combination of Jalebi, Sev, Usal, sliced onions and fennel seeds.

Indori Poha resembles its name from the city of Indore being its place of origin. It is believed that it was created after India's independence (1947). Recipe of Indori Poha though differs from vendors to vendors, generally it comes with a blend of North and Central Indian spices, snacks and namkeen.

Attached Files:

15. Dr.CHANGE
    Froyo Nov 28, 2019

Dr.CHANGE , Nov 28, 2019 :
    It’s not ‘Sweet’ water, I suppose! o_O

16. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Nov 28, 2019

YRJ , Nov 28, 2019 :
    Ofc it is. Time to change the vendor!

17. Cheetosdust

You know what's weird? I'm going to tell you.

15:40 here so I'm getting hungry again. Feel that little hamster nibbling on my stomach* and what I think of? Delicious food -> croquetas -> to reply to your message here.

My point is: I'm hungry and I'm starting to believe you are actually a Jedi. :p

*this is just an expression. I don't have actual hamsters in my stomach. That was a one time thing and that night got really weird. What can I say, that's Puerto Banus for you. :rolleyes::eek::confused:

Starcommander and B.I.T.S. like this.
  18. Q1539748290579
    Eclair Nov 28, 2019

Q1539748290579 , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    JUST Wowwww... CONTEST...

BOOKMARK This... [e]1f60d[/e]

1574955138091.jpg

Loved this... South Indian Dish.. Kerala Style Ghee Roast Plain Dosa [e]1f448[/e]

Perfect Breakfast South Indian Food...
    Healthy and less Calorie diet... [e]1f468[/e]‍[e]1f373[/e]

1 Piece = 50 gm
    Total Calories = 104 Cal

Nutritional value :-

Protein = 2.7 g
    Carbohydrates = 17.9 g
    Good Fats = 2.4 g
    Fibre = 0.8 g

19. B.I.T.S.

The only real thing here is that we have a strong superpower. We always end up feeling hungry because we always end up talking about food.

Wait we are in a food thread... And I just realized that whoever wins the bookmarks is gonna feel hungry each time he/she uses them :rolleyes:

(I'm glad to hear that you don't actually have a hamster in your stomach... That'd be creepy. Like a pregnant Cheeto offering everyone to touch his stomach to feel the hamster...)

Cheetosdust and Starcommander like this.
  20. Shridhar Amati
    Gingerbread Nov 28, 2019

Shridhar Amati , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 28, 2019 :
    I reside in Mumbai and the famous dish of this place is Vadapav.Its basically the lifeline of all Mumbaikars
    1574957888868.jpg
    It has two parts.The round vadas and the bun which is referred as Pav in local language.The vada is a ball of mashed potatoes covered in chickpea batter and fried.Its often served with chutney which is a mix of Indian spices.
    Trust me this is a whole burst of flavors and aroma.If you visit Mumbai you should definitely try this