[CONTEST] What is your place's famous cuisine?

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 22, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 22, 2019 :
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

Not going to lie, I do love cheese (and burnt cheese), so I can relate to that. I'm just glad you didn't share a photo of just some fishes smoked to death. :p

Oh, here they are. :D

Well, what about that sweet sweet haggis then? No photos of that? :rolleyes:o_O

I'm sure it goes great with deep fried mars bars. Keep that sugar rush going for days. :p

Also, this "often described as "Scotland's other national drink" (after whisky)" made me laugh :D

2. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2019

StopItRawr , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Considering the colour coordination, it makes sense.

Irn Bru before dusk, Whiskey after, or something! (I don't drink, lol).

3. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2019

StopItRawr , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Yum.

Their Bubble Gum one is nice too, as is their Shandy and Cream Soda.

(Yes, I've got a stupid sweet tooth!)

4. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Nov 22, 2019

SoniaB , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I didn't want to be too obvious, but since you asked

haggis-neeps-tatties.jpg

You can also get deep fried haggis at the chippy. Some Indian restaurants also sell haggis pakora ... and yes! Deep fried!!

5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 22, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 22, 2019 :
    But of course you do! :rolleyes:

I love that I asked you about haggis when in my country we eat pig's tripe. And Porto is well known for it.

We also deep fry pig's tripe with flour inside and with a lot of lemon after. And you know what, I love it. :cool:

6. iamaan786
    Donut Nov 22, 2019

iamaan786 , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 22, 2019 :
    One of the best Dahi puri available in Capital Delhi near Rajendra Palace Imly Restaurant
    1574423707368.jpg

Dahipuri, or Dahi Gol Gappe, is a snack, originating from the Indian subcontinent, which is especially popular in the state of Maharashtra, India. The dish is a form of chaat and originates from the city of Mumbai.

buntycubal, SoniaB, B.I.T.S. and 3 others like this.
  7. bart877ie
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2019

bart877ie , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Dear Foodies

my favourite delight. A traditional Polish dumplings with plums (Knedle ze sliwkami) drowned in sweet cream.

It is absolutely delicious and it brings a lot of memories from my times when I was a youngish lad.

Granny used to serve them during summer holidays so a lot of fun and hot memories associated with this particular food.

Times, when you didn’t have to watch your sugar or fat levels, as you would burn all of those kcal’s 20 minutes later, playing cowboys and Indians or cops and bandits in a local neighbourhood.

Attached Files:

puccellino, superplus, script and 5 others like this.
  8. jaigurudev1404@g
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2019

jaigurudev1404@g , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Amritsari Nutri and Kulcha
    Tasty... Yummy
    It's made wid soyabean and masala use in it. Its traditional recipe of Amritsar Nutri.
    Kulcha made of made with traditional way in clay oven...
    1574424050408.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019

9. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Nov 22, 2019

10. SJBoss
    Lollipop Nov 22, 2019

11. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2019

YRJ , Nov 22, 2019 :
    This is pretty obvious. I was waiting for someone from the Indian community to post this but since no one has yet.... Allow me to do the honors.

Make way for the king of North Indian dishes....
    Pav Bhaji!
    Screenshot_20191122-182110.jpg
    It consists of a thick vegitables gravy ( all the veggies you can think of, are in there) garnished with freshly chopped coriander, onions and lemon juice all of that it then topped with a huge cube of butter. It is served hot with fresh bread rolls/ Pav. I can eat it everyday. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

Okay I'm hungry now, bye.

12. michelin
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2019

13. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 22, 2019

Horsault , Nov 22, 2019 :
    I hope our most beautiful @Crystal Z. Santa will bring me gifts… :D

One of my greatest discovery is the "Lièvre à la royale", maybe one of the best French cooking example.

[​IMG]

What is it exactly?

First, you need to hunt a hare.
    [​IMG]
    Any hare.

Cut it in pieces, take apart the heart, liver and kidneys, and cook it in strong red wine (with some vegetables and aromates) at low temperature, till the bones separate by themselves. The meat will be very sweet and tender.
    Then, you can prepare some "foie gras", surround it with truffles, then put the hare parts around. Give the whole thing a roast appearance and let it cook so that your foie gras can give its perfume and juice to the truffle, and both can distillate into the meat.
    Mix heart, kidneys and liver and put them into the red wine which cooked the hare.
    Evaporate, then add your hare's blood and a glass of Cognac.

Serve the hare topped with this sauce.

Of course, a great French gastronomy piece can't be fully appreciated without the appropriate wine.
    So you're supposed to choose the same wine as the one you cooked with.

If you can't or prefer, I recommend you open an old bottle of Pommard Burgundy wine. At least 10 years old. The oldest, the better, of course.
    [​IMG]

But of course, any old Burgundy wine should be a masterpiece, for instance this Clos de Vougeot 1er cru from 1999 that I opened for our Sunday meal.
    IMG_20191117_142705 - copie.jpg
    Did I mention I'm really fond of old Burgundy wines?

In my opinion, this is the kind of gastronomical experience any accomplished civilized man should make at least once in his life.

14. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Nov 22, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Let's start from the begining, breakfast!! In each different home from each city and each country this is different. And funnily enough... I never eat this for breakfast but is typical from a very special city, Soria (Spain) and is just soooooooooo good...

Is simple, butter. But not any kind of butter... It is sweet. You are reading right... Sweet butter! Can you imagine how heavenly is it? Spread it on a crunchy bread slice, make yourself coffee or tea and enjoy!

This is how it looks. (The pink flowers are butter too)
    457470.jpeg

And for the curious ones... You can see the process here. Even when you don't understand what it says, the photos are quite clear!

15. MosheG1
    Jelly Bean Nov 22, 2019

Wonderwoman13 and Starcommander like this.
  16. camohan

camohan , Nov 22, 2019 :
    There are no Onions in this Pav Bhaji, so I unapprove.

SoniaB and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  17. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2019

YRJ , Nov 22, 2019 :
    It's Jain Pav Bhaji :rolleyes:

18. camohan

SoniaB and Wonderwoman13 like this.
  19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 22, 2019

dsmonteiro , Nov 22, 2019 :
    My picture, from the best place to get one:

IMG_20180125_130931.jpg

(Thought about sharing the picture from the one I had in Macau last weekend, but it doesn't do justice to the dish.)

20. YRJ
    Marshmallow Nov 22, 2019

YRJ , Nov 22, 2019 :
    Have you even eaten it?
    It tastes sooo good
    tenor-4.gif

Wonderwoman13 likes this.