Convert T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro to International (Unlock) firmware!!

1. B1590125642546
    Cupcake May 22, 2020

B1590125642546 , May 22, 2020 :
    I bought my oneplus 7 pro T-mobile unlocked and want to convert it to international firmware, but I want to know if my phone will stay unlocked if I ever have to convert back to T-mobile firmware. I bought it secondhand and just want to make sure it will stay unlocked before I go through with it. Is anyone else in the same situation or can help me out?

2. nochillyg
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2020

nochillyg , Sep 13, 2020 :
    I have the same issue but I don't want back to t mobile version. Did u find a fix por that problem?

3. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2020

sonnyhaze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Sep 15, 2020 :
    If your phone is carrier unlocked then you don't ever need to worry about tmobile again if you flash it to international that opens you up to using the dual sim feature.

Years ago i made the mistake of flashing internationally but my phone was on temp unlock. So like 4 months later the dual sim stopped working or course bc it wasn't "permanently" unlocked. It wasn't the end of the world I just flashed back to tmobile with msmtool. About a month later I got the permanent unlock. So I just flashed back to international.

There are dozens of videos showing the entire process withm
    files.

B1590125642546 likes this.
  4. S1558388618694
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2020

S1558388618694 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Your phone will stay sim unlocked even when you go back to stock T-Mobile firmware AS LONG as you chose the PERMANENT UNLOCK before you started to convert. The phone itself becomes unlocked, not your sim card which means if you switch to any other phone or even other oneplus, your sim is locked again to only one network.

If you unlock your bootloader when already on international, everytime you go back to T-Mobile software, bootloader will re lock itself if you unlocked your bootloader.

5. S1558388618694
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2020

S1558388618694 , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Good news, XDA developers has now made it possible to convert your Sprint OnePlus 7 Pro 5g to international firmware.

Here is the Link: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjAAegQIABAB&usg=AOvVaw3tqwjiwtRC3J_sx8m_mNJH

6. sonnyhaze
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2020

sonnyhaze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 8, 2020 :
    yeah good point. At the time of my early post you could only unlock bootloader.
    Unfortunately for me though is mine is Sim Locked. I converted mine to international months ago just to be able to use use it. Sprints bloatware I and other nonsense was blocking even wifi telling to pay or return it to a store. Well that's kinda hard since I biught it from a guy on ebay who bought it from a guy on ebay. I have done anything and everything to get it unlocked. Sprint will not budge an inch. I have T-Mobile and now they are the same friggin company.
    At the moment it looks pretty grim at any chance of unlocking it. No one seems to. be able to crack Sprints Uicc Lock.
    When I call sprint im directly forwarded to tmobile and same for their website. I had hoped they'd give me a sprint sim so I could at least use it. It's just locked to their network. But their are no more sprint plans. I have contacted them at least 30 times. I tried all the SIM unlock website services and none of them can do sprint. They won't let me pay what's owed or even tell me how much without wanting a ridiculous amount of their account info. Including the pin. who the F is going to give you their pin to their own cell phone account even if I could contact the person. I bombard them all day On Twitter. You can reach them at 'Sprint care' handle.
    I only paid around $80.for it in the end, so I'm not complaining. The way I look at now, the phones my new ipod/media player.
    My main phone is still a Oneplus 7 Pro, but is the premium 12gb of ram version.

S1558388618694 likes this.