Convince me to buy a 1p2

1. maxpower097
    Donut Oct 14, 2015

maxpower097 , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Ok I'm a big fan of XDA for people who remember the good ole days, I love bricking expensive electronics, I love collecting the magic smoke that makes all electornics work. I'm highly technology trained and know what what for the most part. I have read issues about the phone first time by looking at it. Which most looked like XDA or inhouse dev team could fix em in 6 months or so. Now I log in an see a USB port on a phone all burnt up and corp will not do anything cause not used on an offical charger. Ok this makes me wonder, what do they mean? As far as I go in the IT EE world we can charge any USB device from any USB port, sometimes you'll over load your PC and have to use a cheap wall unit but I hate wall units. I'd rather trickle charge on my PC. Does this mean I can't charge my phone by plugging the usb into my PC? What about my car, its hooked up to take usb and I can plug in a hard drive, flash drive, or use it for charging. Am I at risk of catching it on fire chargning it from the purpose built usb in my car? This fire heat issue does scare me no bs. But theres more

How is the OS? Can it run APK's on it? Or it it totally proprietary? I ask cause honestly I've lately got a chubby over W10 and certainly wouldn't mind a run a WP. I do have a friend that uses it and loves it like an apple fanboy. What can this phone do othres cant? Where do I get apps? Is app development harder then android? Is this new OS going to be release open source so people can flash new phones and tablets with it? I think these are all valid questions about quality, programming quality, and just about the phone. One more isssue.

I was reading a thread where a legit owner member was dissatisfied with a phone feature and a Admin told him and anyone else who doesn't praise the 1p2 to basically "Go F yourself" I admire your ticket quene system for phone release cause it prevents shipping out 5 million defective units, but while we may wanna channel the late steve jobs theres no place in the year 2015 for a CS person to tell a customer to go F themselves EVER! I learned that at Burgerking when I was 14.

Please advise me, bash me, gimme what you can..
    Thanks

Currently I use a HD2 with no sim card on Wifi. What can I say I love that friggin lil phone!

2. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2015

megatomic , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Why would you ask us OPO folks to convince you to by a OP2? Ask me to convince you to buy a OPO instead. :)

3. santoslopez
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2015

Deactivated User likes this.
  4. liamlarkin
    Eclair Oct 14, 2015

liamlarkin , Oct 14, 2015 :
    You can get apps on the play store, it's an Android-based OS with some minor modifications. It's very close to stock Android.

5. Christian_yn

Christian_yn , Oct 14, 2015 :
    how old are you man? research about the phone, see the pros/cons and make up your mind about it. If you need people on a forum to convince you then you probably shouldn't buy it

6. FalconFX
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2015

7. WA_Bob
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2015

WA_Bob , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Honestly, I'm not paid by One Plus to sell phones to folks. But there's more than enough info out there for you to make your own informed decision.

meatandy, votazap and nexus123 like this.
  8. gaster
    Moderator Moderator Oct 14, 2015

gaster , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Things are simple buddy. If you don't use NFC and the Quick Charging lack it doesn't bother you, then go for it. In my opinion. For its price, it has amazing hardware, very good build quality and beautiful design. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that as the OxygenOS is a new software from a new team, it needs its time to be more mature and even better in everything including the perofrmance.

The apps that you are asking runs fast as expected. You will not have any issues with this. At least that's what i saw. So think if there is something better than this for 400 euro. Also you have the right for root, unlock bootloader and install custom recovery and roms without losing warranty. That's a plus for me as well

9. baltiets
    Gingerbread Oct 14, 2015

baltiets , Oct 14, 2015 :
    With all those "qualifications" why do you ask such a silly question?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

sfomin, Christian_yn and nexus123 like this.
  10. nexus123
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2015

nexus123 , Oct 14, 2015 :
    I want someone to convince me that Oswald was the lone shooter in the Kennedy assassination. Now I have seen lots of footage. Saw the Zapruder film. I still have questions. In the movie Kevin Costner clearly says "back and to the left"! Now how in the hell does the final shot from behind do that?

#Conspiracy OR GTFO!!

Deactivated User, meatandy and SoniaB like this.
  11. jgarcia1237
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2015

jgarcia1237 , Oct 14, 2015 :
    Don't buy man! I was an early supporter of the company and they just forgot about us when it came to invites. I am member #25k , bought 2 opos (oneplus one) and I never got an invite. When i asked why they just told me to "keep using the forums" ...or as I like to call it "TOO BAD".

12. jokicha
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2015

jokicha , Oct 14, 2015 :
    I would tell you to buy the oneplus one.
    because the op2 is still new, lots of issues. sd810 8 core is under 2.0ghz. most apps don't even use 4. op1 has 2.5ghz quad core which is faster for todays apps and future apps.
    by the time apps use 8 cores the op2 will be obsolete. youre just paying more for something 'new' not something better.

meatandy likes this.
  13. Christian_yn

Christian_yn , Oct 14, 2015 :
    no worries.. you're NOT missing out on anything. The OPO is much better than the OPT. Sold my OPT after 2 weeks of using. Oxygen Os is horrendous

meatandy and jgarcia1237 like this.
  14. Shrapnelist
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2015

Shrapnelist , Oct 14, 2015 :
    HD7
    can run windows phone 7
    can run android
    that device was wondeful
    I had the t-mobile version I discovered MIUI. Mi1 was alot of hype. I broke the damn screen otherwise that 4.3 inch used to feel like a phablet. Camera was great the device was great!

meatandy likes this.
  15. vittunen
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2015

16. Deactivated User
    Oct 14, 2015

bombadier likes this.
  17. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Oct 14, 2015

Gonzo01 , Oct 14, 2015 :
    The only thing that you have to keep in mind is that as the OxygenOS is a new software from a new team, it needs its time to be more mature and even better in everything including the perofrmance.

by the time this happens (soon™), OP2 might be already abandoned (X is coming), as it is with OPO now :)

thankfully, there are plenty of custom roms for OPO.. :rolleyes:

edit: the bold text was supposed to be partial quote of @gaster post above but something went wrong. sorry gaster

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

meatandy likes this.
  18. megatomic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2015

megatomic , Oct 15, 2015 :
    I got an invite to buy a OP2 today and have no intention of using it. Just saying.

meatandy likes this.
  19. ash23
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2015

Deactivated User likes this.
  20. Deactivated User
    Oct 15, 2015