Convince me to upgrade my 5T

1. Schizorican
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2020 at 1:37 PM

Schizorican , Oct 15, 2020 at 1:37 PM :
    Hey guys! I've had my 5T since release and absolutely LOVE the phone. It's still going, but lately the battery hasn't been lasting as much and every now and then it starts to lag. I want to upgrade, but I'm not completely sold on the 8T. I like a durable phone and a glass back worries me. I actually have really high end wired headphones so I'm not excited to lose the headphone jack. Also, does the camera tend to get better over time? I know that was the case back with the 5T. When compared to other new phones the pictures seem a bit warm. What do y'all think? Am I just over thinking things? Just for comparison I'm also looking at the S20 FE (don't like Samsung's UI) and the Pixel 5 (expensive for the hardware).

Thanks! [e]1f601[/e]

2. goldenlight
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2020 at 5:34 PM

goldenlight , Oct 17, 2020 at 5:34 PM :
    You can get a USB-c to 3.5 adapter to get the headphones to work

Some Reasons to upgrade
    1. 39 minute Charge times.
    2. T version appears to be the refined version.
    3. Launch event Mystery gift or pop up box value $99 dollars..

3. Tokolozi
    Marshmallow Oct 17, 2020 at 5:54 PM

4. Drasm19
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2020 at 4:34 AM

Drasm19 , Oct 18, 2020 at 4:34 AM :
    Frankly, I won't.
    Oneplus peaked with OP 7T PRO.
    After which every model had some issues.
    OP 8 Pro's screen issues were horrible to say the least.
    According to one estimate, 1 out of every 2.7 devices had screen related issues, for comparison, Galaxy Note 7, the 'explosive' phone had a much lower 1: 7200 margin when it came to battery issues.
    If you don't mind having last year's flagship processor, then go for 8/256 variant of OP7T Pro before it gets sold out.
    Instead of Samsung FE, which ships with Exynos 990, you could go for S10 lite, which packs SD 855 and gives decent performance.
    Else wait for the end of the year and look for better alternatives.
    OP 8T is a massive let down.