3
[Submitted] Cool to warm screen colour/tint

  1. Awxaiis
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

    Awxaiis , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I have been facing really weird tint issue on my OnePlus Nord.
    The tint changes from cool to warm and its noticable. Whenever pulling down the notification panel, you can see its slightly of a warmer colour than the background which appears whiter; this also noticable on stock Google keyboard with white theme whenever brought up to text. Sometimes it adjusts on its own but it's really persistent.
     

    #1
  2. vijayyajiv
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

    vijayyajiv , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I've been having the same issue, after I got the phone I used for couple of hours it was fine. But, just all of a sudden it changed the white color to yellowish warm color or very low night mode. Is this something that can be fixed via OTA update.
     

    #2
  3. Simran K
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Aug 7, 2020

    Simran K , Aug 7, 2020 :
    We have got in touch with you for more details to get this issue resolved. Hope your coordination would be in place to get this resolved at the earliest.

    Regards,
    Simran
     

    #3
    Awxaiis likes this.
  4. Akashkumar003
    Eclair Aug 8, 2020

    Akashkumar003 , Aug 8, 2020 :
    I got my Nord yesterday and what I first noticed was the whites in Nord was bit warmer when I compared it to my old device with lcd display, however when I tried to change my screen calibration from natural to advanced and reduced it to cold from warm the whites looked far better,and even when I changed it from natural to vivid the whites got a bit better but less compared to advanced,the natural screen calibration produces warmer white
     

    #4
  5. ramishyyy
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020


    #5
  6. Awxaiis
    Donut Aug 12, 2020

    Awxaiis , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Hello,

    I've updated to the latest Oxygen v. 10.5.4, and the issue is still present, sometimes it fixes itself like 10% of time but remaining 90% is there. I think it might be related to adaptive brightness and vivid display calibration profile. The thing is, I seem to notice it only on the keyboard (white default GBoard) and the notification center/quick setting, meanwhile the other components such as chat fonts, time or battery percentage on the top bar seem to be of proper white tone. Have you seen any improvement?
     

    #6
  7. Akashkumar003
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

    Akashkumar003 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 13, 2020 :
    no bro I can still see a little bit of warm tone in natural calibration is issue only persist only on natural calibration in my device, the whites are good when I set to vivid or advanced
     

    #7
  8. Sumit_Sukhija
    Cupcake Aug 20, 2020


    #8
  9. Sunil_Sulegai
    Cupcake Sep 5, 2020


    #9
  10. txtasosxt
    Eclair Nov 21, 2020

    txtasosxt , Nov 21, 2020 :
    Same issue.
    I've noticed it in both resolutions and refresh rates.

    When browsing a web page, the white page is seen as white but when you tap any text field and the keyboard opens (and when it's already open) the screen turns yellowish. When you type the first letter it turns back to white again.

    Not sure if it's related to this issue, but YouTube and games have a bluish tint on low brightness (probably other apps too), I presume to hide the black color crush issue.

    Both are software issues. Regarding YouTube, I know it's not a monitor defect or inability to perform at low brightness because if I lose focus of the app (eg: through split screen) then the YouTube has normal colors in low brightness.

    Is OnePlus working on it?
     

    #10
  11. Trevor_Osborne
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020


    #11
  12. JavyBet
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2020


    #12
  13. onlykewal
    Cupcake Nov 25, 2020

    onlykewal , Nov 25, 2020 :
    Ditto!
    Following the thread, I have the same exact issue on One Plus 8. Looks like a software bug. I called one plus support but they have no clue.
     

    #13
  14. jonrow
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2020

    jonrow , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Exactly the problem I'm having, small but very annoying issue, especially on a brand new 8T, has this been accepted as a bug?

    This issue is less prevalent on Natural rather than Vivid, would be interesting to know everyone else's settings.
     
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020

    #14
  15. RafaDurso
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2020

    RafaDurso , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 2, 2020 :
    Same problem here with the oneplus 8 pro. It's very annoiyng. On Chrome sometimes the web page changes from cool to warm tint on loop.
    I have just bought the phone during the black friday, so it's brand new...
    UPDATE:
    The problem was only on Chrome, I tried to uninstall the last Chrome update and the problem is gone!
    I will wait for a fix before to update Chrome again, hope this can help.
     
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020

    #15