COS 12 Master Fix Thread

1. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

Dr. Indest , May 1, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

Work in progress.

I know there is a Tips and Fix thread out there but, it is generic with no real "fixes".

Here is my attempt at giving you guys real fixes.

Wifi issue:

If you don't know how to flash, wait for the instructions on how to set a static IP.

COS 12 and CM 12 have an issue where the dhcpcd sends incorrect values to the DHCP servers. As a result, you are still connected to your router, however you receive and invalid IP address and thus lose internet connection.

Fix: Flash this file

Spotty data connection and the phone constantly shows "Emergency Calls Only":

Seems like COS 12 has difficulties detecting the default APN. However, this can be fix manually in seconds.

Fix: Settings> Mobile Network> Access Point Name> Select your carrier

Still having trouble?
    Go to Settings> Mobile Network> Network Operator> Select your carrier

Cannot connect to Data, phone calls work fine:

Pull down on the top right of the screen (to access the quick settings menu)> Select the network icon (the right triangle)> Toggle on (located on the top right of the menu)

My phone is ok but, can I increase my mobile data singal?

Many users have reported a stronger reception and data signal with the OxygenOS modem.

To install this modem on COS 12, flash this zip.

Cannot Send Picture MMS:

Enter the default messenger> Click the 3 vertical dots on the top right> Settings> Auto-Enable Data> Toggle On

***This fix is only needed depending on your carrier. If you recieve picture messages now and you have this option disabled, don't enable it.

Problem Detecting your SIM card:

Settings> Security> Set up SIM/RUIM Card Lock

COS 12 Themes app issue: Can't change lockscreen wallpaper to "None":

This is not really a bug. The problem here is that "none" is misinterpreted. "None" means to have no wallpaper and just fade out the system display with a transparent overlay. If you want your wallpaper to match your desktop, you must select the same image and apply it to your lockscreen.

Dialer, Numbers and Contacts not showing:

Cyanogen really dropped the ball with their hexo theme, this time around. Lucky for you, the system theme is beautiful and fixes this issue (as well as the issue below).

Go to Settings> Theme> System> Apply

Ugly COS 12 Theme (icons looks terrible):

[​IMG]

Go to Settings> Theme> System> Apply

The new keyboard is ugly:

Go to Settings> Language & input> Android Keyboard (AOSP)> Appearances & Layouts> Themes> Select the desired theme (fyi, the Halo theme is similar to the KitKat style keyboard)

Decrease settings options:

Many people expect customization with COS 12, considering it comes from a company called Cyanogen. However in this new installment, the "Settings Menu" look a little dry. This is easily fixed though.

All you have to do is go to: Settings> About> Advance Mode> Toggle On

Laggy App Draw:

This is a Trebuchet launcher issue. Download a different launcher form the Play store.

Top Favorites: Google Now, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher

No more tabs on Chrome?

Actually, this is a new feature where each tab is treated as a new app in your "Recent App" menu bar.

To undo this feature: Launch Chrome> Select the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen> Settings> Merge tabs and apps> Off

Users can no-longer silent vibration via volume buttons:

There is a wonderful Xposed Module for this.
    Flash Xposed Framework
    Install Xposed Installer
    Install this module: True Silent Mode
    Enter Xposed Installer> Module> Enable "True Silent Mode"
    Reboot your device

Fix COS 12 (really Android L) Memory Leaks:

Flash Xposed Framework
    Install Xposed Installer
    Install this module: Fix Lollipop Memory Leak
    Enter Xposed Installer> Module> Enable "Fix Lollipop Memory Leak"
    Reboot your device

Battery drain while the device is sleeping:

Flash Xposed Framework
    Install Xposed Installer
    Install this module: Deep Sleep
    Enter Xposed Installer> Module> Enable "Deep Sleep"
    Reboot your device

Fix Inaccurate GPS:

The problem here is that location services does not have permission to obtain your location.

To fix, go to Settings> Privacy> Privacy guard> Click on the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen? Enable "show system apps"> Grant location access to "Android System", "LocationServices", "Maps" and "Street View".

If the problem is still not solved, navigate to: Settings> Location> Mode> High Accuracy.

Low Mic? Look at these 2 XDA threads:

Missing Email App:

The old Email App has been replaced by a new app from Boxer. It is called E-Mail and you will need to set it up from scratch.

Can't Login with my CyanogenMod account:

COS 12, has a new account system called Cyanogen account. Your old CyanogenMod credentials does not work with COS 12. You must make a new account.

Where is my root?

Chances are, the update got rid of your beloved root. However, it is super easy to fix this issue.

Install SU from the Play Store> Launch SU> Follow the OnScreen prompts, to root your device.

My Apps/System is constantly crashing:

This occurs because the OTA performed on your device was done as a dirty flash (it is meant to be this way). Fixing it is easy.

Turn off your device> Press the Power button + the Volume Down button (AT THE SAME TIME)> Once in recovery, "wipe" the Dalvik Cache and Cache (ONLY).

Last edited: May 2, 2015

2. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

3. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

Maury74rm, arof and tosandip like this.
  4. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat May 1, 2015

5. Jeffrey98
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

serverdown and venky1+1 like this.
  6. AsadP
    KitKat May 1, 2015

AsadP , May 1, 2015 :
    Nice :)

I don't know if it's happened to anyone else but there is a problem that I want fixed if it ever occurs to my OPO again.

Sometimes when you go to unlock your phone, the pin lock doesn't work at all, you can tap numbers but nothing happens and you have to restart..

7. AAddict
    Eclair May 1, 2015

AAddict , May 1, 2015 :
    Not sure what I've done but running 12.0 my contacts are not showing in the messaging/sms app? Just peoples number? Thanks in advance for any help

8. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

return.of.octobot , May 1, 2015 :
    Can someone please explain to me what the damn problem is with the CyanOS12 theme, I mean I never stick with stock themes anyway, but what on earth is all the hate about? It litereally looks just like the CM11S theme, square icons and lots of hexagons.

SilverLion likes this.
  9. Jeffrey98
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

AAddict likes this.
  10. Jeffrey98
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

Jeffrey98 , May 1, 2015 :
    I don't know, maybe they need to start using TouchWiz to know that it is pretty and TouchWiz is so ugly.

11. ERock62
    Gingerbread May 1, 2015

dekin and Dr. Indest like this.
  12. return.of.octobot
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

return.of.octobot , May 1, 2015 :
    Seriously, I don't remember anyone complaing about Hexo on CM11S, now all of a sudden we're on Lollipop and 'Z0MGG itz teh ugliess!!11!'

13. Jeffrey98
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

Jeffrey98 , May 1, 2015 :
    I see a lot of friends with lollipop that are saying that it is ugly, not only with a Oneplus One but also with other devices. So, it may not be fully caused by the Hexo theme, but also by Android 5.0 Lollipop.

14. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

Gonna post a fix for that. Essentially you have to change themes. Go to Settings> Theme> System> Apply. If it is already on system, change to hexo and then change back if you want the system theme.

Karene007, Jeffrey98 and AAddict like this.
  15. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

Yep! Gonna add. Thanks for the tip... That was on my list.

abhishakerato likes this.
  16. minducanada
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

minducanada , May 1, 2015 :
    UI crashes randomly.

Profiles unable to change data connection setting (toggle on/off).

Double tap to sleep works, but the first tap always starts to expand the status bar right as the screen is turning off.

17. ahmeda6
    Gingerbread May 1, 2015

ahmeda6 , May 1, 2015 :

That happened to me every other timewhen I manually flashed cos 12 and it was one of the reasons I downgraded to kitkat, but now after I got the ota it has not happened.

AsadP likes this.
  18. xraysean
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2015

smoketowin likes this.
  19. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 1, 2015

What do you mean? Save it to an email? on the phone?....

20. idbl_fanatic1
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2015