COS 12 Master Fix Thread

1. Daniel Graham
    Gingerbread May 8, 2015

Daniel Graham , May 8, 2015 :
    since i updated to CM12, i have problems streaming bluetooth music, ie: spotify and SiriusXM app's through my tundra 2014 stereo, cuts out every few seconds, very frustrating, any recommendations?

much obliged

googfan likes this.
  2. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 8, 2015

Slatter191 , May 8, 2015 :
    @ indest busy today not replying?

Thanks.

3. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

Slatter191 , May 9, 2015 :
    My OPO is rooted but don't see the Super SU icon, only the Super SU Pro icon?

In CM 11S, saw the SU icon along wit the Pro, in 17L icon don't see this SU icon?

Is my OPO really rooted, anyways to check it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2015

4. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

To install Xposed for 17L:

1. 1st download and place the Xposed installer apk in the phone and flash through twrp?

2. Than same for framework......place zip in the OPO and flash using twrp?

Both times need to clear dalvik and cache before booting in the system?

Thanks,

5. SuperDave
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

SuperDave , May 9, 2015 :
    Does anyone know if Cyanogen 12s has issues with AT&T LTE APN settings? Reason I ask is because my connection to AT&T's data network worked under 11s but since I updated I get no connection. Have the APN settings changed under 12s?

thanks for the help.

6. missl15
    Cupcake May 9, 2015

missl15 , May 9, 2015 :
    Hi guys and girls.

I followed instructions to fix the mms issues for a optus user and the new settings save, but I have no option to them click on them and select that APN. Please help

7. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

@ indest, doc resolved the earlier posted issues.

Have a few questions:

1. Should I root after installing the apps I normally use or it doesn't matter, cause don't want the apps to be asking or displaying messages?

2. After root, is there any order to install apps like Super SU Pro, Device Control, Greenify Donation experimental, Xposed, Titanium Pro?

3. Just rooted and installed these but after each reboot Greenify displays a message for an interactive period, is that normal or can it be changed to not display?

4. Device Control when opened displays a message and has to clicked twice to exit?

5. Are the following screen captures of Xposed fine?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks.

8. mohamedM.Soliman
    Cupcake May 9, 2015

mohamedM.Soliman , May 9, 2015 :

9. mohamedM.Soliman
    Cupcake May 9, 2015

10. RedBaron616
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

RedBaron616 , May 9, 2015 :
    No, I found a Never Settle wallpaper. I just hate how Android insists on changing everything, icons, color scheme, etc. And the moving wallpapers have been trashed. Wonderful job, Android.

11. UnBundled11
    Eclair May 9, 2015

UnBundled11 , May 9, 2015 :
    Is it possible to get the apk for the old email app in CM11S and use it rather than Boxer?

12. Akdale
    Donut May 9, 2015

Akdale , May 9, 2015 :
    Thanks guys for the rooting wisdom. The reason I was asking was so I could apply the WiFi flash file. Update on that. Believe it or not I was asked by tech spt to take a bunch of photos of my phone and remove the sandstone back cover. So I powered down removed sim, back cover and then pout it all back together. WiFi has been solid all day.......maybe sim reset or contacts on antenna in rear cover? Glad to have WiFi back.....we shall see if it remains this way.

13. Jeffreyvdv3lde
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2015

Jeffreyvdv3lde , May 9, 2015 :
    It isn't only Android who did that, Cyanogen always makes new wallpapers for new versions.

14. SuperDave
    Gingerbread May 9, 2015

Dr. Indest likes this.
  15. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

Dr. Indest , May 9, 2015 :
    You can go into SU, long press an app and select do not notify.

No, order does not matter.

Xposed seems fine.

Slatter191 likes this.
  16. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

Dr. Indest , May 9, 2015 :
    Go into SU and disable notifications for the apps you don't want to see the notification.

If you have a custom recovery like TWRP, you must prevent Cyanogen OTA from messing with your recovery partion, hence this change.

Don't know why you have 2 apps and only 1 showing :/.

Also, I get lost in all the notifications. If you need me to reply, post here and then shoot me a link to your post via PM. Sorry, I just get 25 notifications at a time and it is hard to manage on a phone most of the time.

Slatter191 likes this.
  17. buzz4u
    Cupcake May 9, 2015

buzz4u , May 9, 2015 :
    Well I can only say 'Thankyou OxygenOS' for saving me.

Did the update CM12 last week with OTA and had nothing but trouble. Had to charge up every 8 hours with only very moderate use because thats how fast it was draining the battery. Then there was my Operator Network continually dropping out, which didn't go very well with my employer as I use the phone for work also and need to be contacted. Spent days trying to apply what fixes and suggestions were being distributed around, nothing worked.

Finally gave up last night and flashed OxygenOS and bingo everything works a treat. Phone been going for about 28 hours now and still got 62% battery, whow. My Operator Network perfect and I an getting LTE also.

My advice ditch CM12 till there is some guarantee its going to actually work, definitely stop you going bald from pulling your hair out. GOODLUCK

18. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

Thanks for replying.

1. If you have a custom recovery like TWRP, you must prevent Cyanogen OTA from messing with your recovery partion, hence this change.You mean the change in icon?

2. 2 apps 1 showing......in SU or in Xposed??

[​IMG]

3. Despite all tries names in my Contacts are last 1st, though in Settings have set at First.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 9, 2015

19. Slatter191
    Lollipop May 9, 2015

Notifications Disabled.......is that correct.

[​IMG]

20. redlinecoatings
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2015

redlinecoatings , May 9, 2015 :
    Has anyone figured out the cause of the android system drain? Its using a minimum of 30% of my battery. Google play service is denied.