COS is a POS

1. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2016

theshinybeast , Apr 12, 2016 :
    Shockin':p
    So you're back for a while by the looks of it? As you can see it's the same old same old. I'm now waiting to see what the OP3 brings, about which I'm oddly optimistic,no idea why but I am.
    You should give Darkobas a go as it is without doubt the most rock solid ROM for your OPO right now.

sidlittlefield and nilrb like this.
  2. nilrb
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2016

nilrb , Apr 12, 2016 :
    It seems quite a good no. of ppl is getting hyped for OP3!:p

theshinybeast likes this.
  3. aakko
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2016

4. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Apr 12, 2016

sidlittlefield , Apr 12, 2016 :
    I'll give Darkibas a shot. Not terribly excited about OP3. Might give it a shot but all my enthusiasm for OnePlus has vanished like a fart in the wind, or tears in the rain (however that thing from Blade Runner goes).

5. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2016

theshinybeast , Apr 12, 2016 :
    I´m neither excited nor indifferent about OP3.But what´s on offer from others, Sammy, Xaomi, LG etc has left me sort of, meh.I´m not interested in some because I point blank refuse to spend such exorbitant amounts of cash on a phone,see Sammy ,LG,HTC,even if I could afford it, and others just don´t impress and/or are not to my taste, Xaomi et al.So if Oneplus provide a true successor to my OPO,still a beast,at a reasonable price I´ll be interested.
    As for enthusiasm for Oneplus itself, frankly I´m surprised that folks are so disappointed to find out that they aren´t everything they appeared to be back when they first appeared on the scene.I mean business is business and I have yet to come across, in my 48 years on this planet, a company who puts its users/clients interests before their own agenda, which is, after all, making money.
    " But they built up all that Hype in a disgraceful way!" I hear the forum cry
    Well, yes they did, with the esteemed and ever so willing help of each and every one of us.So we´re all a little guilty of wishful thinking and a touch of self delusion. As for them,Oneplus,they to have made many mistakes but in the cutthroat world of OEMs and business they are, at least, more entertaining than most of the others.
    I mean LG have been informing the world for years that "Life´s Good" imagine the disappointment of half the planet if they took that message too seriouslyo_O:p.

TL/DR
    “Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.”
    W.B. Yeats :)

6. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Apr 13, 2016

sidlittlefield , Apr 13, 2016 :
    I agree completely.

"You must go on.

I can't go on.

You must go on.

I'll go on. You must say words, as long as there are any - until they find me, until they say me. (Strange pain, strange sin!) You must go on. Perhaps it's done already. Perhaps they have said me already. Perhaps they have carried me to the threshold of my story, before the door that opens on my story. (That would surprise me, if it opens.)

It will be I? It will be the silence, where I am? I don't know, I'll never know: in the silence you don't know.

You must go on.

I can't go on.

I'll go on."
    Samuel Beckett, The Unnameable

7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2016

theshinybeast , Apr 13, 2016 :
    The mighty Samuel has even got one for our beloved Oneplus

[​IMG]

Mr. BG and sidlittlefield like this.
  8. oneplusN4
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2016

oneplusN4 , Apr 13, 2016 :
    Back on topic: try a different version of your busy box app, that's what prevented my DPI changes

sidlittlefield likes this.
  9. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Apr 13, 2016

Mr. BG , Apr 13, 2016 :
    As much as I enjoyed reading it all, this one went straight to the feels :oops:

10. cnl
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2016

cnl , Apr 13, 2016 :
    this made me lol hahaha

11. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat Apr 13, 2016

TlathamXmahtalT , Apr 13, 2016 :
    He's an idiot dude, what do you expect?

COS13 has ContentGuard confirmed :D

sfomin, Tokolozi and theshinybeast like this.
  12. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2016

rphlfjrd , Apr 13, 2016 :
    I had it also. Maybe try replacing aosp/cyngn package installer with google package installer.

13. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 13, 2016

theshinybeast , Apr 13, 2016 :
    Why the :oops: pray tell?

14. vakamahorika
    Froyo Apr 13, 2016

vakamahorika , Apr 13, 2016 :
    PCOS in my neck of the woods... but nice ref tho ;)

15. Deactivated User
    Apr 13, 2016

go8soccer likes this.
  16. go8soccer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2016

go8soccer , Apr 13, 2016 :
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this appears to be a N0ob problem.. Settings-> Security -> Enable "Unknown Sources", which states "Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play store"

17. go8soccer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2016

bobbybabaletskOS and gringoboy like this.
  18. gringoboy
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2016

gringoboy , Apr 13, 2016 :
    He's entitled to his opinion, and having known him for quite some time now, his opinions are far from foolish. He's an experienced custom ROM dude, and COS is always going to struggle among that crowd. I like it well enough, but it has always been pretty buggy, and some of them seem to never get fixed. Customs are usually much better with that.
    On that subject, I can't even answer phone calls right now without dragging down from the top. When I get a call, only a name is appearing, not the usual button you swipe. Anyone got a fix?

sidlittlefield and theshinybeast like this.
  19. gringoboy
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2016

gringoboy , Apr 13, 2016 :
    How can anyone take you seriously? According to you, COS has never had bugs, only user error to explain issues. Anyone with issues is either an ' idiot ' or ' loser.' Are you even aware of the existence of the massive jira lists? YOU'RE a fanboy.

20. jstepa
    KitKat Apr 13, 2016

jstepa , Apr 13, 2016 :
    Tried the stock Hexo theme?