Costumization for Bluetooth Remote Control Shutter output

1. Greenas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 4, 2014

Greenas , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Hello peeps,

Today I got remote control shutter that has 2 buttons one for iphones other for android, android button captures picture and iphone button outputs volume up click (on our opo it is zoom) so I want to make use of that button, somehow manage it to start recording video.

Maybe someone knows camera app that can start recording video by pressing volume up button? Or camera app that could be customized to take video when volume up is clicked.

Or some sort solution that I could control Bluetooth incoming input and change it to capture video output.

Ps. Don’t ask why I need it :D
    Customization*

2. Greenas

3. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 4, 2014

4. Greenas

Greenas , Oct 4, 2014 :
    Problem solved, by bug i guess, when I start default camera app in landscape "android button" starts recording video and "iphone button" (volume up) can take picture, but if i open app in vertical position then "android button" works as picture capture button

jferraz and gusuraman like this.
  5. bordeauxactive
    Eclair Oct 5, 2014

bordeauxactive , Oct 5, 2014 :
    Wow.. how did you get it to work at all?
    I have a big pile of these shutters (as my girlfriend imports them from china for her girlfriends in combination with selfie monopod's),
    but unlike all other phones we have here, for the love of god, I can not get it to connect in Bluetooth in the Oneplus.

(ps, the devices work on 12 difference other brands)
    I was giving up hope till I saw this post

6. Greenas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2014

Greenas , Oct 5, 2014 :
    I had no problem, OPO finds it instantly, only thing when you turn on remote shutter, wait for 10s because if you turn it on and try to connect to it without waiting then opo stays "connecting..." for ever and then you have to disable Bluetooth on phone and connect to it again

7. bordeauxactive
    Eclair Oct 7, 2014

bordeauxactive , Oct 7, 2014 :
    Hmm, mine simply does not see it at all :S ah well.. if that's the only flaw my opo has, I'll live :) wondering if a software update somewhere along the road will help (i'm still on stock)

8. AAB4K
    Jelly Bean Feb 21, 2015

AAB4K , Feb 21, 2015 :
    Hey! I know its like after too much time, but can you confirm item by clicking your link that its still same item that you bought also it is compatible with One or not. (cause I bought same from india and it is not working) :D

9. Greenas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2015

Greenas , Feb 22, 2015 :
    Yes, it still same, Today I tested it with 05q update and it works same. When you turn on remote (starts blinking blue light) it takes about 10s to find it and when you connect to it, one plus shows that input keyboard is connected. Worls same in landscape 1 click android button it takes picture, hold iOS button for 2s it stars filming.
    I am sure it has no diference but mine remote is green :)
    Ps. It price was US $2.61+ free shipping and now I see it is a ripoff with current price, you shuld search other dealer, because chinese sells same stuff on ebay even pictures of product are same but prices different

AAB4K likes this.
  10. Greenas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 22, 2015

Greenas , Feb 22, 2015 :
    Ignore that "PS." after all you still can choose free shipping, and price is ok

AAB4K likes this.
  11. AAB4K
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2015

AAB4K , Feb 22, 2015 :
    Actually I bought one in India, he does same pictures as this one, but turned out to a different one.
    Edit: Also thank you for your reply :)

12. shaika19
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2015

13. AlbertoBN
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2015

AlbertoBN , Sep 25, 2015 :
    I just got mine. In landscape it gave video with ios button and panoramic with android. And then it hit me. The volume buttons where set to zoom.... You need a combo of phone buttons set up such as to fit your needs. In my case video is less used with the phone and more with my Polaroid Cube camera underwater but I will crack the combination because I need to know the works!

14. AlbertoBN
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2015

AlbertoBN , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Well ages away and the results are as such... it works as OP first reported. Only thing is after taking a video next option for it is panoramic view from which you can't escape. a bit of a hustle but if you know it happens you can quickly prepare for it.