Could it be the end of days: Exynos 1000 is on Top in preliminary testing

1. malidan
    Nougat Sep 20, 2020

malidan , Sep 20, 2020 :
    The news is starting to filter out that the Exynos 1000 is leading the way in testing.
    A test score for the Exynos and Snapdragon has come out of Samsung and scores for the Snapdragon have come out of Xiaomi.

Exynos-1000.jpg

Exynos 1000

The Galaxy S21
    Single core 1,302
    Multi core 4,250

16122811890401.jpg

SD 875

Samsung S21

Single core 1,159
    Multi core 4,090

MI 11

Single core 1,102
    Multi core 4,113

With no fabrication contract to consider for now, it's full steam ahead with AMD power in tow.

The full article

Loveit likes this.
  2. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 20, 2020

yashwant24 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Finally a worthy opponent.
    Atleast samsung devices could be better from now
    I have expected the same results.
    Need not be surprised if it even beats A14 bionic

3. malidan
    Nougat Sep 20, 2020

malidan , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Samsung devices have been the best since I could remember
    Nothing has more hardware
    Nothing has more features
    Nothing is more advanced
    The only OEM really to have challenged in recent times is Huawei, since the Mate 10 Pro their flagships have been top draw.
    As for beating A14, only stacked testing and optimisation on certain apps is keeping them at the top.
    The Samsungs just keep creaming the iPhones on their last stalwart PhoneBuff.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020

4. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 20, 2020

yashwant24 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    I have mentioned in the context of Exynos chipsets.

5. Rajendra.Bhat
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2020

Rajendra.Bhat , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Whats the point of crushing benchmarks, When thy really struggle to give os updates for even 3 years. 4-5 years is just a dream.

6. ododav
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

ododav , via OnePlus 6 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Okay with the performance, but the REAL problem with Exynos CPU has always been the power consumption, too damn high. I hope Samsung is going to solve this problem first.

7. malidan
    Nougat Sep 20, 2020

malidan , Sep 20, 2020 :
    What I said still stands there is nothing better.
    Any difference you may wish to present between a Samsung Flagship using the two platforms you will find that same difference between OEMs using snapdragons. :rolleyes:

8. malidan
    Nougat Sep 20, 2020

malidan , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Always?
    Get you facts right bud before Samsung started fabricating Qualcomms chips they lead in all fascets. The bandwagon does not deal in facts.;)

Battery Life
    [​IMG]

The two models also have stark differences when it comes to battery life. According to tests done by GSMArena, the Exynos model is again superior to its Snapdragon cousin, boasting two hours of additional talk time, three hours of extra video playback and three-and-a-bit hours of additional web browsing.

Source

Always:rolleyes:

9. malidan
    Nougat Sep 20, 2020

malidan , Sep 20, 2020 :
    You guys crack me up:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Samsung finally ends support for the Galaxy S7 after four years of updates
    Damien Wilde - Apr. 7th 2020 5:14 am

Source

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  10. ododav
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2020

ododav , Sep 20, 2020 :

How much time did you spent only arguing that "always"? I'm sorry, maybe always is been a little drastic, let's say in the last 3 years? Now you'll show me the test that reports that anyway Exynos is more efficient, but for example here there are real life users (and not some kind of test that doesn't prove anything and only says how much a phone uses battery only calling, or only with video playback) that are complaining about that difference. For equity, there are two people saying that with Exynos are getting around 10 hours SOT, but see how they use the phone in the screen posted.

11. malidan
    Nougat Sep 20, 2020

malidan , Sep 20, 2020 :
    You said
    😂😂😂

The article stated:

the Exynos model is again superior to its Snapdragon cousin,

Anything you want to tag on now is pointless, find a new bandwagon to jump on.:rolleyes:

12. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Actually no. Throttling, internet speed, cameras, overall speed and performance are there for Snapdragon, and not for exynos. Once I've already showed you proofs... Then you said it was all about optimization and drivers, but NO, real life usage shows opposite results in terms of daily usage.

And such tests are useless, only throttling tests are really the point to be judged from. All these antutu, single/multy core numbers, really? Who even cares? Last time, when exynos was constantly failing in throttling tests via specific apps and some popular games, you didn't care, saying: "meh, exynos is poor in synthetics. Drivers aren't done". [e]1f602[/e]🍿🤭 Therefore what has changed now?)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020

13. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 21, 2020

yashwant24 , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Come on!!!
    The world knows Exynos is a joke.
    It's real time usage sucks in their flagship devices.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020

14. malidan
    Nougat Sep 21, 2020

malidan , Sep 21, 2020 :
    What are you on about?

I said there is nothing better than a Samsung flagship, it does matter what SOC is in it.

The Exynos has shaved 10 seconds off it time on speed test G a test fully optimised for the SD. The real world difference is almost nothing, 6-7 month old shrill testing does not equal today.
    Throttle testing only shows who is prepared to push their devices past safe thermal limits, I bet SD In a Samsung will throttle before all the benchmark cheats.😂
    All the rest is irrelevant, it would seem the news has rattled Qualcomm fans.😂
    Kirin and Media Tek are still in the game too, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Huawei produced in house very soon.

15. malidan
    Nougat Sep 21, 2020

malidan , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Dude this is not the place to be just repeating what you heard.
    You do know Samsung had to bail out Qualcomm because they could not build multicore SOC's back in 2015 and only in 2018 when Qualcomm threatened to move all their production away from Samsung did the winds start to blow in Qualcomms favour.
    Had they stolen all Samsung's know how by then?
    Provided some current technical data that will substantiate your view point.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020

16. malidan
    Nougat Oct 29, 2020