couple of issues with my one; worth sending it back or shall i wait for fixes?

1. kravinkel
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

kravinkel , Feb 12, 2015 :
    hey dudes,
    i got my one about 2 months ago and i was very excited about it :3 its like a perfect phone considering the price! sadly i have noticed a couple of issues within these 2 months and i am even thinking about sending it back (which would take some days i am phoneless and would cost shipment too..)
    i will just list my problems, maybe you can help me fixing all of them :3

1. when i turn up the brightness from like 20% where it usually is to 100%, the contrast goes up way too much and beige, light grey and light blue becomes all white. to fix that i need to lock and unlock the screen
    2. the "feature" multitouch crashes sometimes. i need to reboot to restart that "feature"
    3. it happened about 3 times now, i couldnt play music; no sorry, i could play music, but neither the speakers nor the 3,5mm output gave me any sound. again need to restart to fix that
    4. i am randomly loosing connection to my provider for up to 20 minutes. it happens more often when i take the underground, but here in munic i usually had a pretty nice connection without loosing signal with my old galaxy s3 and the same provider. this couldnt even be fixed by restarting the phone, i just have to wait..
    5. i am already having more (small) scraches in the display than on my old s3 even though i didnt use a protection on both. consider that the s3 uses gorilla glass 2 while the one uses gorilla glass 3 my case ist this one which shall protect the screen.
    http://www.amazon.de/Diztronic-Matte-Black-Flexible-OnePlus/dp/B00MBS1NA0
    i always put my phone in my pocket, and i am having no keys or any other stuff in the same pocket. furthermore i never lay it on the screen side. so where do these scraches come from?
    6. the original charging cable does not charge my phone with full speed. i only get about 60-70% efficiency using it.
    i hope i didnt annoy you with my long text and maybe you have some tips fixing my issues. else i think i will send it back to london in a few days.
    thanks for reading my long story and trying to help me
    greetings kravinkel

IWantOneNow likes this.
  2. Aspari
    Honeycomb Feb 12, 2015

Aspari , Feb 12, 2015 :
    I heard that the screen can be scratched with sand grains, maybe you had some in your pocket...I might be wrong tho. Can't help with other problems, hope someone will help :)

3. Andoenay
    Gingerbread Feb 12, 2015

Andoenay , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Not worth it. Keep tweaking and playing with your phone. Your phone hopefully will get better overtime. My multi touch issue was fixed with the latest update. Rebooting as well. My phone only rebotted once and it was right after the latest update. Make sure to charge your phone with the phone completely off and give it an extra hour when its fully charged. Do this about every other day. You should be fine. Best wishes

4. kravinkel
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

usually i havent any in my pocket ^^
    just got the uipdate, lets see what happens :D ill try that tonight though i think it wont change because other cables charge it faster..

thank you both :D

cjsavas likes this.
  5. Deactivated User
    Feb 12, 2015

cjsavas likes this.
  6. DankMagician420
    Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2015

DankMagician420 , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Factory reset or a CLEAN flashing ought to fix ur issues

7. kravinkel
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

thank you, im not 100% sure but i think that fixed it :D

Deactivated User likes this.
  8. kravinkel
    Donut Feb 12, 2015

9. yuhs74
    Gingerbread Feb 12, 2015

yuhs74 , Feb 12, 2015 :
    I don't know if it's ever been reported that a phone has been sent back to oneplus for any sort of service where the process was seamless, painless and timely. Just getting a return authorization seems to be a very high hurdle to jump and from there it only gets worse. Perhaps there are those out there that can advise you how to return your phone for warranty service without pulling your hair out.