Crackables: Crax's Origin Story

1. Daisy K. North America Marketing Staff Member Sep 20, 2018

Daisy K., Sep 20, 2018 :
    Crackables Origin Story Blank.png

When we launched Crackables, hundreds of thousands of players took to their phones with two goals in mind. The first, to prove themselves as one of the smartest, most skilled puzzlers in the world. The second, to free our intriguing Host, Crax, from its Cube prison. However, a question was raised in the Crackables subreddit that caught our attention: Does anyone else get the impression we’re on the wrong side?

u/Nimelennar’s post continued: "AI tries to escape from its box" is a tried-and-true Science Fiction premise, and it usually turns out that there's a reason why the AI was boxed.

Does anyone else think that letting Crax out of her cage, if this were anything but a stupid browser game, would be a really bad idea?

OnePlus community members, tell us what you think Crax’s backstory really is. Is Crax a force for good or evil?

2. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Sep 21, 2018

camohan, Sep 21, 2018 :
    The game was not meant for everyone. It was damn difficult. Thanks to world wide web lot of answers were already leaked.

Coming back to the question, whether you were on wrong side, my opinion is you were somewhere in middle. The game attracted lot of users across but I am sure lot of ppl will agree it was not everyone's cup of tea. I mean it was even difficult for a person with an above average IQ.

For me it was evil and caused lot of headache.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018

ShubhayanS, sethisidd, vasu97 and 9 others like this.
  3. luxuskamel Lollipop Sep 21, 2018

NateDev, G_plusone, keithnyc and 2 others like this.
  4. GopalB. Nougat Sep 21, 2018

GopalB., Sep 21, 2018 :
    Well... When Crax was asking again and again to decribe those weird symbols and was not accepting any descriptions, at that point of time, I really thought it was evil at its core... :rolleyes:

5. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2018

Sujknair, Sep 21, 2018 :
    More like infuriating, really. Especially the cryptex parts. And the maze. Wondered if it was poor coding, or deliberately difficult to turn. The When to settle? puzzle was a highlight though.

As for the thread topic, i'm sure its a wonderful meta reference to oneplus finally unleashing AI capabilities into the OS.

NateDev, G_plusone and keithnyc like this.
  6. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2018

Sujknair, Sep 21, 2018 :
    Lemme guess, rocket? [e]1f602[/e]

G_plusone and GopalB. like this.
  7. GopalB. Nougat Sep 21, 2018

GopalB., Sep 21, 2018 :
    It was Q and the Fork and that weird 3 lines and that shape which was small q as per Crax!!!
    I tried to tell every possible descriptions... But these are not descriptions!!! These are "name the similar well known shape, that looks like this shape" (#AsPerCrax)!!!

G_plusone likes this.
  8. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Sep 21, 2018

camohan, Sep 21, 2018 :
    It was sword hahaha

9. GopalB. Nougat Sep 21, 2018

G_plusone and Bouncer71 like this.
  10. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2018

Sujknair, Sep 21, 2018 :
    First puzzle, kinda figured out that i had to get it close to alphabets. The rocket/fork thingy made me ragequit actually. Went with bow, line bisecting arc, etc. Even asked her to brute force the middle one since i had the other 2, but Noooo, shes too lazy for that. [e]1f602[/e]
    Got lucky with the weird 3 lines actually. Guessed waves and voila!

11. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2018

Sujknair, Sep 21, 2018 :
    Damn. I guessed sword with guard, and was rejected. Crossed off sword entirely. ‍♂️

G_plusone likes this.
  12. GopalB. Nougat Sep 21, 2018

GopalB., Sep 21, 2018 :
    Told ya... Made me rage quit twice... And when I came back hoping that the answer might have changed!!!
    Nooo... You are doomed... You have to keep guessing...
    #CraxIsEvil!!!

G_plusone and Sujknair like this.
  13. powerofred Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2018

dalmia09 and G_plusone like this.
  14. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Sep 21, 2018

dsmonteiro, Sep 21, 2018 :
    Wait, am I reading way too much into this or is this an over the top way to tease "releasing" AI into our our phones?

15. Oualidos Cupcake Sep 22, 2018

Oualidos, Sep 22, 2018 :
    First theory: its just a stupid puzzle game for marketing only -> i suppose you don't kill a fly with a tank ! I really enjoyed the game
    Secont theory: behind crax their is an AI system that learn from the different player exchanges with crax in this aspect crax's is neitheir evil nor good it depend on the challenger it self and it's influence into the AI deep learning system
    Third theory: can human accept a world where AI cooperate with human's without AI to destroy humanity ? The game it self select poeple with a rather higher QI the challenges are exausting so technically they are poeple we wan dialog the most efficiently with an AI ? World wide consparesy hh
    Forth thorie: the game purpose is to analyse stress, anxiety caused by a stimulating cerebral game and its influence on the sleep, a server can mesure the time when you hang out from crax and go to sleep, remember the game select > 18yr poeple and start on working/studying day so the 45h is NEVER used as its fullest

To finish although crax seems evil but get more tolerent and nicer when the game goes further, my best regard to the programers! if crax is a super intelligent AI, THAT show singelarity sign, i hope that it learns from good poeple for thr best be humanity :D

16. Themurtuza Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2018

Themurtuza, Sep 22, 2018 :
    We would know that after a guy unleash her from prison in few coming days, right?
    We all will know whether we were a plan of Evil or Good.
    God help us.

G_plusone likes this.
  17. V1534833900807 Froyo Sep 22, 2018

V1534833900807, Sep 22, 2018 :
    AI will grow exponentially according to the Intel fed,in my opinion the box will crack open as soon as it's no longer large enough to contain the learned input and Crax will appear resplendent perhaps hidden behind a mask of misinformation or as the latent potential true growth of informed input.

Themurtuza and G_plusone like this.
  18. G_plusone Marshmallow Sep 23, 2018

19. ashishwhynot Donut Sep 23, 2018

ashishwhynot, Sep 23, 2018 :
    everyone will not be able to play round 2, right? or can we just for fun?

Themurtuza and G_plusone like this.
  20. G_plusone Marshmallow Sep 23, 2018

G_plusone, Sep 23, 2018 :
    No, you need some special hardware to play it, only the first 1000 will receive it

ashishwhynot likes this.