cracked back glass OP 7PRO

1. harjm Donut Jul 11, 2019

harjm, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Spigen, Rugged Armor, Case Compatible for OnePlus 7 Pro, Original Patent Design Flexible Black TPU Phone Cover for OnePlus 7 Pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QQ9LSK4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IGRjDb904W4YN

2. femiuex Gingerbread Jul 11, 2019

harjm likes this.
  3. Maximilian Gaedig Eclair Jul 11, 2019

Maximilian Gaedig, Jul 11, 2019 :
    Me too, dbrand is the best

harjm likes this.
  4. TheGlissando Donut Jul 12, 2019

harjm likes this.
  5. F1557869518299 Cupcake Jul 12, 2019

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019

harjm likes this.
  6. tuanv1966 Eclair Jul 12, 2019

tuanv1966, Jul 12, 2019 :
    Every time I remove the phone from the original clear case, it reminds me how slippery this thing is. Everyone on TY says its slippery. I would compare it to holding a flat bar of wax. Beautiful to hold. Beautiful to look at it. But man, I don't understand or know how anyone could go bare with this thing. I've had it in the OE Clear case and have dropped it about a dozen times (mostly by my 4 year old daughter) on wood floors. Most of the time, I have it in my front pocket. I just don't think it's plausible for it to break in your pocket. Normal sitting, walking, getting in your car, shouldn't cause that much pressure.

7. A1560555811624 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

A1560555811624, Jul 13, 2019 :
    I feel your pain. I experienced the same after less than two days of owning the device, though the crack on mine originates from the volume button just where the glass meets the metal. Phone had only been out of the house once and had either been in a pocket (front pocket, on it's own) or sat next to me on the desk. It had also been in a case (one supplied) from the second it came out of the box.
    I've woken up today to discover the screen is having an issue. The device will boot and display the one plus logo but then sits only showing the fingerprint sensor. Looks like it's a lengthy(and expensive) trip to the service centre for me.
    Having previously worked in mobile tech support for many years I know how easy it is to be sceptical when people present damaged devices and swear that they haven't been dropped but I'd isuggest some of the respondents in this thread consider the tone of their posts before publishing; saying 'take better care of your device' is patronising and not especially helpful.

harjm, femiuex and F1557869518299 like this.
  8. Swejuggalo Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 13, 2019

Swejuggalo, Jul 13, 2019 :
    Read about a guy having cracked back glass while having it in front pocket with a tpu case on... The phone happened to hit the wheel slightly when he sat down behind the wheel in his car. Very similar looking damage too. Probably a weak spot in the glass.

harjm likes this.
  9. femiuex Gingerbread Jul 14, 2019 at 3:33 AM

femiuex, Jul 14, 2019 at 3:33 AM :
    My Spigen Liquid Air just arrived. Minimal protection but better than the supplied case.
    From the look of things, can't really be sure if any non-bulky case can be of any assurance to prevent such occurrences.
    I am stumped as to which case to use.

Anyway, have you sorted out your problem with OnePlus? Are they offering any replacement or discounts on the repairs?

The Gorilla Glass (5 or 6) should be tough enough for consumers to use. If this happens, user confidence would also crack as most phone are glass sandwiches nowadays.

harjm likes this.
  10. MalHay Cupcake Jul 14, 2019 at 9:51 AM

MalHay, Jul 14, 2019 at 9:51 AM :
    I had exactly the same problem in the same area, the power button, it will be interesting to see how many others get the same problem, it was only a few days old having been in a case from the start, only used in front pocket or flat on table/desk, not dropped or sat on, never had this problem before with any phone I've had, and that is from the original bricks we used to have when they first brought out "mobile" phones - there appears to be a weak spot in the glass back. I have spoken to Oneplus, they basically said "tough" it's glass - your problem, not ours!
    crackedback.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:07 AM

harjm likes this.
  11. harjm Donut Jul 14, 2019 at 10:18 AM

harjm, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:18 AM :
    hi I have not sorted it out at the moment but OnePlus is not offering no discount but did say I have to send it in for repair they said it should cost about £20 for the back and €18 for labour and tax will be worked out when they inspect phone.

12. femiuex Gingerbread Jul 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM

femiuex, Jul 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM :
    That's not good at all. I doubt if your case is an isolated one. There are people in this thread who are facing the same issue as yours.
    Could it be a weak spot in the vicinity of the power button area of the glass?
    I can't say but it is a good idea of yours to start this thread. Have to wait and see whether there are others out there facing the same issue.

MalHay, M1560391326310 and harjm like this.