1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. Fingerprint sensor being in the front

10 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. ottovillem
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

ottovillem , Jul 28, 2015 :
    First of all i want to say that i'm not moaning about the screen not being QHD. The truth is that QHD is retarded on phones, because it only drains more battery and it's impossible to distinguish the difference between a proper high PPI FHD screen and a QHD screen by eyesight.​
    (This you got right, oneplus)
    Still the main reason I am not buying oneplus 2 is the screen, because the screen has the same problem as oneplus 1 had. Its digitizer is glued to the screen, so a minor crack from a minor drop will brickify the phone. I don't understand the reasoning behind this decision, because if it's the cost savings it won't be practical for the end user. I have had to replace the screen on my oneplus 1 multiple times and the end result is that i could have bought some overpriced piece of shit and had just as much money left. And if you are talking about a millimeter or two that you can save by using this fused bullshit of a screen. Then you are thinking wrong. Functionality should always come first.

Yet the others keep on working.

Second thing that you got wrong is not adding NFC support to the phone. If you are pretending to be fan friendly, then at least have a discussion before removing such important feature.​
    (This you got wrong, oneplus)

I will not settle for this reason.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015

ramli7, pavghag, stryder01 and 5 others like this.
  2. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I doubt that.

3. arcanexvi
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

arcanexvi , Jul 28, 2015 :
    As long as it doesn't have the yellow tint at the bottom like last time around I'm good with the same resolution/size.

4. dbanez25
    KitKat Jul 28, 2015

5. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Screen lamination is a technique which is used by every phone company at the moment. You really don't know anything about phones.

Gonzo01 and Cryocyanide like this.
  6. ws_volt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2015

ws_volt , Jul 28, 2015 :
    how is having capacative buttons a bad thing?! I love them, hate on screen buttons, take up space and you gotta drag to have them come up when in fullscreen apps, nooo thank you.

7. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 28, 2015 :
    HD = 720p, this is FHD = 1080p.

Gonzo01 likes this.
  8. JustDenDimi
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

JustDenDimi , Jul 28, 2015 :
    If your screen's cracked, I guess you need to replace it anyways, also, it depends, I've seen a lot of cracked screens the past few years, and sometimes the screen still works, other times it doesn't, it just depends on how it's cracked. also, 1080p is more than enough, more would be overkill, it's a phone for goodness sake. I'm probably not going to sit there with my face 10 cm from it.

ramli7 and amadpaan like this.
  9. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 28, 2015 :
    So they are thinking 'right'? Therefore they are right, you say. Interesting... You're contradicting your own opinion.

Gonzo01 likes this.
  10. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 28, 2015 :
    See the above mistakes you've made in your post. How was it to spread some rubbish out of emotion?

Ceasedd and Gonzo01 like this.
  11. scrivz69
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

Gonzo01, theslowbros and laguna47 like this.
  12. pingug
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2015

pingug , Jul 28, 2015 :
    got to agree to this, I didnt know the OPO had capacitive buttons but they work great and look much neater, so on screen buttons were disabled within days for me

ramli7 likes this.
  13. milkdude
    KitKat Jul 28, 2015

milkdude , Jul 28, 2015 :
    If I read correctly, you broke your screen multiple times! Guessing you don't use a case, or your careless. Had mine over a year, and not even a nick on the screen.

Ceasedd, Gonzo01, Cryocyanide and 3 others like this.
  14. Huzzah_Huzzah
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2015

Huzzah_Huzzah , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I don't see any dealbreakers, as of now. I view the OP2 as a Very Well Priced Option for Consumers at $329. I never myself expected a phone with every single option. 1+ has emphasized that the OP2 is an idea not just a product. Getting a quality phone with great specs (but not everything) in as many hands as possible does work towards that idea. Consumers win,with more options.

15. ottovillem
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2015

16. craZDude
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

craZDude , Jul 28, 2015 :
    I agree that lack of NFC is something to be upset about, but I don't think the screen being laminated is a bad thing. It helps it be brighter and look better since there is a smaller gap between where the light is being emitted and when it passes through the front glass. That's just physics ;P

AvdonR, theslowbros and ottovillem like this.
  17. koec12
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2015

koec12 , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Just don't drop the phone then ;)

Sick_DMP and theslowbros like this.
  18. thureos
    Froyo Jul 28, 2015

thureos , Jul 28, 2015 :
    Ive dropped my OPO several times and it never cracked, I use NFC almost never. Im only afraid of grounded display and overheating.

19. Abby244
    Eclair Jul 28, 2015

20. 4nlimited3dition
    Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

4nlimited3dition , Jul 28, 2015 :
    The main deal breaker for me is my OnePlus One.
    As to your arguments, the screen is not the same as the OPO.
    NFC support is not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance at this point since most places don't even have NFC payments yet, nor even the basic tags.
    Capacitive buttons are a must. Otherwise the UI becomes too slow for me at least and also the space taken up by the onscreen buttons makes no sense to me.
    The only logical place for the fingerprint sensor is on the front. The home button is also improved since it gives better feedback when tapping it.

For those reasons I didn't choose any options in your poll, because none of them makes enough sense.