Create 16:9 Instagram Stories on a tall phone

1. JaviiiSk8
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

JaviiiSk8 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    I had a problem since I bought my OnePlus 7 Pro phone, the tall screen doesn't go well when recording an Instagram story, cause the viewfinder fill the whole screen (specially when using gesture navigation). This cause a bigger side crop from the original camera sensor, and then another top and bottom crop for the people who watch them. So it ends up in a lost of quality and a really frustrating experience, trying to readjust everytime the videos so people can watch them better and having them saved at a weird resolution instead of the standard 16:9.

So, if anyone knows a fix, or how to force the 16:9 aspect ratio in the whole app or hopefully just in the viewfinder section, similar to this fix I found https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/co...ries/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I would be extremely grateful, thank you so much!

2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 3, 2020

KeepTransisting , Jul 3, 2020 :
    It's up to Instagram to fix, not OnePlus. They need to correctly set their app to only use 16:9 aspect ratio

Artemus. likes this.
  3. JaviiiSk8
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Yep, I know, but they will never listen :/
    I found OnePlus community to be really active, if not the most, so maybe someone has found a solution for that!

4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jul 3, 2020

KeepTransisting , Jul 3, 2020 :
    I wish, believe me :/

Artemus. likes this.
  5. JaviiiSk8
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

The thing is that these previous days, I saw that it had been fixed, and now it was like an iPhone, with the proper black bars on top and bottom to create a 16:9 viewfinder. But suddenly today it was filling the whole screen again. It seems like a server side update, maybe they are testing it. I hope it's back to 16:9 as soon as possible...