Advanced Creative Photography

1. azzzulikz966 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

azzzulikz966, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Hi all,
    How are you guys enjoying your photography.
    I thought I would share a method I use for photographing things from a different perspective.

1507276883414.jpg
    This is my 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray parked along the Icelandic Highway.
    Err.. You have see this landscape haven't you?.
    Now see this.

1507277139708.jpg
    Same things here, at 1x zoom on my One Plus 5 , unedited no fancy Pro mode settings.
    How did I acheive this?
    Perspective Photography, Snapseed, lightroom and my One Plus 5.
    The 2x zoom on op5 has helped me get a shallow depth of field and crop out unwanted elements in the photo focussing primarily on the car. ok the diecast.

The gravel on road is the dust that comes of a wooden furniture.
    The backdrop is the card @Carl Carl pei has sent me in the Op5 box.
    road is my notebook.

About the edits .
    I Used snapseed to 'heal' the op logo on the backdrop and also to smooten out the road backdrop transition. Now it looks obvious right?

I used dodge and burn pen to bring out uneven lighting on the road for a more realistic feel. also HDR landscape mode to lightly create a dramatic scene.

Further edits where done in Lightroom where I decreased lights and darkened the blacks. and yeah That's pretty much it.

Its not a professional method or photography, but I was really happy with the results so I thought of sharing it with you guys.

Comment how you feel about it and post Your creative photoshoots here.

Thanks !
    Dr.AjayShankar.
    follow me on instagram @ajshanker.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017

2. script Marshmallow Moderator Oct 6, 2017

script, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Great thread, thank you very much. It's a solitaire, will stay open and protected.

Any off topic will be deleted and warned!

xnutzii, Ash645, luc2802 and 13 others like this.
  3. Mr. BG Marshmallow Oct 6, 2017

Mr. BG, Oct 6, 2017 :
    That's a really nice try.

As the car is very clearly a model I would really like to see how this pic would look if the focus was in the distance, a blurry car and sharp mountains so to speak.

Menasheh, Amod358, rrmadsen and 9 others like this.
  4. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 6, 2017

5. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 6, 2017

Dunnow, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Dunnow approves of this thread, not stupid sunset pictures here. Actual photography.

xnutzii, paulissimo, Mr. BG and 5 others like this.
  6. MrJaggerjack Honeycomb Oct 6, 2017

Attached Files:

panthimanshu, glenn and Mr. BG like this.
  7. Lancelot_69 Lollipop Oct 6, 2017

Lancelot_69, Oct 6, 2017 :
    I actually seen this post when originally posted, I was going to post my usual suggestions but after reading through the post and seeing the work I thought it was original and worth it's own stand alone post. Good job by op!

paulissimo, meatandy, Mr. BG and 3 others like this.
  8. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 6, 2017

Dunnow, Oct 6, 2017 :
    it kinda applies. If you actually had a river focused on the end of the circle, would look like an industrial waste pipe

G_juvaid__juvi_IDVP and Mr. BG like this.
  9. azzzulikz966 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

Yes it could have worked in a better landscape background, this was just done so that people here can relate to that photograph card. You can even use an ipad with images on it as backdrop.

10. azzzulikz966 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

O yes, I want to thank him. Its a beautiful shot. I was amazed to find that it was taken on a one plus 2. Cheers to the photographer

Hige, paulissimo, Mr. BG and 4 others like this.
  11. mr_priyanshu Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

12. Jeet77 Jelly Bean Oct 6, 2017

Jeet77, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Great job with the concept and the editing!!! I was just wondering if the photo was a bit out of focus, then went on to read the full post and understood the catch. [e]1f44c[/e][e]1f44c[/e]

13. sfomin Marshmallow Oct 6, 2017

sfomin, Oct 6, 2017 :
    probably the only photography thread that doesnt need to be reported to @script [​IMG]
    I give you 5/5 for this thread [​IMG]

Can you take more pictures like this?

14. azzzulikz966 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

Haha thanks, I can...but that would be too much 'mee' I opened this thread to encourage others to post similar pictures they have, atleast experiment.
    I will post from time to time things I find interesting, make sure you also try with your device.
    We'll help each other with suggestions.

15. sfomin Marshmallow Oct 6, 2017

sfomin, Oct 6, 2017 :
    will see. i usually dont spend much time on photography

SoniaB likes this.
  16. azzzulikz966 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

Can I inspire you to take one? No need to spend so many hours on it. Maybe try to picturize a frame on the way to work or shopping. Its a stress buster, see enough pictures so that you know the one you take won't be cliched. Trust me, You wont regret it.

17. MrJaggerjack Honeycomb Oct 6, 2017

MrJaggerjack, Oct 6, 2017 :
    well i was just goofing around.. xD well and one random effect made that pic into a nice wallpaper for me too..
    1507301759845.jpg

18. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 6, 2017

youbi, Oct 6, 2017 :
    Yeah, It was a great pic (and he has others. :p ), I had seen it back in the days after the trip he did to Island. The OP2 can surely take great pics, and that pic is a great example of it. And actually helped on making the unboxing of the op5 even more special, it was really a perfect match. :D

19. azzzulikz966 Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 6, 2017

Good one Sam. I was studying Forensic Medicine and can't help but notice that it looks like a bullet wound entry with an abrasion collar and peppering. (Maybe the shot that killed a green bloodied monster-Now that's borderline gross)

20. MrJaggerjack Honeycomb Oct 6, 2017

MrJaggerjack, Oct 6, 2017 :
    well it looked like some life source being corroded by some small monster cells to me.. wait that's really deep ..

Mr. BG and SoniaB like this.