Advanced

Creative Photography

1. paulissimo KitKat Oct 7, 2017

paulissimo, Oct 7, 2017 :
    I've posted many BnW and macros on that mega thread but never Typography, that might be interesting.

Mr. BG likes this.
  2. G_Hariss_Ahmed_Awais_YlN Cupcake Oct 7, 2017

3. ajshanker Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 8, 2017

ajshanker, Oct 8, 2017 :
    Good landscape, those clouds look washed out, pay attention to the histogram when editing such shots. I bet all the colour bars much be at their peaks in this one. Try to give subtle saturations and contrast edits.[e]1f44d[/e]

4. G_Pratik_Dubey_cvUz Gingerbread Oct 8, 2017

iamazz and ajshanker like this.
  5. ajshanker Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 8, 2017

ajshanker, Oct 8, 2017 :
    [e]1f44d[/e] Appreciate it, I like how you have given an antique feel to the image. Filters are perfect, could havr avoided the border style, but its your discretion. Now that you have mastered it, why not try something clever. My friend had a Thor's hammer keychain We made an image with it which makes the hammer appear life size and he was out of focus trying to grab it. Looked very real. I know description doesn't give the image,( I lost the photo during phone change) but imagine. Come up with your clever idea's.

script likes this.
  6. G_Hariss_Ahmed_Awais_YlN Cupcake Oct 8, 2017

G_Hariss_Ahmed_Awais_YlN, Oct 8, 2017 :
    Thanks mate [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e] I will keep that in mind next time

ajshanker likes this.
  7. ajshanker Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2017

ajshanker, Oct 10, 2017 :
    Hello Guys,
    how was your day? I'm sure you might have seen something worthy of a picture today.
    I dont know about you but I wake up everyday to a dozen pictures from various whatsapp groups wishing me "goodmorning" or with some inspiring words. I dont go through most of them and at the earliest delete them from my whatsapp folder.

Is it because they are not beautiful enough?
    is it because they are ill composed images?. Maybe not, in all probability they are professional photos taken with Dslr's or graphically designed.
    I delete them because they are nothing personal.
    The person has gone to the extent of forwarding a message someone else forwarded which someone else has obtained from Google. You might find that an expression of gratitude, I find it a futile exercise.
    If you really care, shoot an exciting photo type in your own words/quotes. I dont care how good or bad. Statistics of having a good day and not forgetting that message is significantly.
    So to end the drama --Typography.
    I don't know how many of you do it, or how many have already mastered it. I want to share a few photos I shot and created .
    So here is wishing you a good day.
    1507650195101.jpg
    This is basic Level 1 .
    A landscape and a wish. I used the inbuilt Snapchat Text option, not much effort was made to create this. One clever thing to do in such a situation is to use a black font and merge it with the silhoutte border so it appears as if the words are arising from the backdrop - if it stood out in the space it would have been ordinary.
    What do you think about this?
    share you typography shots, I will share some other little more advanced images in the coming days.

paulissimo, Mr. BG and script like this.
  8. script Nougat Moderator Oct 10, 2017

script, Oct 10, 2017 :
    Great shot again, and an inspiring story. Thank you very much again. I might do (try) something creative myself soon.

paulissimo likes this.
  9. script Nougat Moderator Oct 10, 2017

script, Oct 10, 2017 :
    DSC_0427_001.jpg
    Original, untouched

DSC_0427-01.jpeg

After some snapseed. I don't remember what I did, but I like it. I use it as wallpaper on my op5.

Screenshot_20171010-181250.jpg

As the pic is in landscape, it „moves“ when I change to another screen, that's nice.

paulissimo, TibiTibi, Mr. BG and 2 others like this.
  10. G_Gustavo_Rocha_gdvn Gingerbread Oct 10, 2017

ajshanker and script like this.
  11. ajshanker Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 10, 2017

ajshanker, Oct 10, 2017 :
    [e]1f44d[/e]The edited pic brings out the colours and gives a life to the frame.
    I think people people who post pictures and say ' no edits ' done and scorn people who have done basic edits saying " oh that looks like that because its photoshopped'' probably shouldn't be heeded to seriously. You should personalize your frames. If you have captured a moment and because it came out nice (thanks to the auto mode and good lens and sensor of course) doesnt mean it should be presented as such. I know purists disagree. How you edit and how you present the shot determines your taste it photography. Make it look the best you think it does and it will convey your artistic self to others. Cheers once again.

12. ajshanker Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2017

ajshanker, Oct 14, 2017 :
    Hello Friends,
    There hasn't been much activity in the thread. People are bored/not experimenting enough? Anyways I'll push on .. let's see who all follow through.
    Typography level2.

1507966021205.jpg
    DEW. everyone takes dew drop photos. Many dont really experiment with the typo capability with such shots.
    Here is an example of what we can do.

I used the word 'dew' itself here, you can insert your "goodmornings" or project names.
    It looks normal to a passive looker but when on close inspection the W has the ink faded. As if being blurred by the water drop. It is an interesting detail you can implement in such shots. A subtle effect you can increase the drama by completely blurring those words out or fading it.
    Another good try with dew drops would be to place the words behind a droplet and enlarge a letter or more so that it comes in parallax with the drop.
    How do you like this one? what are you suggestions.? Is this becoming another redundant thread?

paulissimo, Mr. BG and script like this.
  13. script Nougat Moderator Oct 14, 2017

script, Oct 14, 2017 :
    Great post again, thank you. Your skills seem to be ahead most of us, that's why we are too shy to post own stuff. As if Linda Evangelista or Alessandra Ambrosio shows their..... hips..... and asks you to show yours.....

Lets keep pushing this thread, hopefully it's possible to attract some of the advanced users, plus catch some of the beginners interest.

@puma95 @K3MN1K this should be interesting for you as designers.

K3MN1K and ajshanker like this.
  14. ajshanker Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2017

ajshanker, Oct 14, 2017 :
    That's very kind of you, but I have only learned from people who were willing to share. No one is born with Photography talents. we build it. Unlike painting or drawing we dont need spatial skills in Photography, we need a trained eye to appreciate good frames and create what we can visualize. Same is with editing. it is understanding the tools, what they are capable of doing, and putting it to use on our photos.
    Ashley Graham doesn't have shapely legs ..boy look at her on that Sports illustrated cover.
    I would be happy if these would inspire you to take photos in a different way and present it here. we will discuss and share some thoughts on it.

Mr. BG and script like this.
  15. script Nougat Moderator Oct 14, 2017

script, Oct 14, 2017 :
    1400790209685.jpg

Back in the Early Days i made some meme for fun.

Today i made this:

1508015077461.jpg

i tried to fit the letters into the directon of the Eye, that was tricky. I have only photoshop touch on a tablet. 3 D movement is not my main profession...

Of course these are pictures that I had downloaded somewhere...

woSch, ajshanker and Mr. BG like this.
  16. F_Piyush_Tripathi_pNZZ Cupcake Oct 15, 2017

17. jizang Lollipop Oct 15, 2017

18. F_Piyush_Tripathi_pNZZ Cupcake Oct 15, 2017

19. script Nougat Moderator Oct 15, 2017

script, Oct 15, 2017 :
    Have you read carefully what this certain thread is about? How does your picture add something to the purpose of this thread? It's not obvious at first sight.

20. thesahilmehta Honeycomb Oct 15, 2017