Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

1. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 24, 2020

Fleming F. , Jul 24, 2020 :
    NORD.png

Hi creators!

You guys are amazing! In the last Creative Toning Challenge, you turned 5 ordinary photos into different styles, beyond our wildest expectations! If you missed this, check here to see the awesome works. More importantly, we are glad to hear that you enjoy this type of creative challenge, and have fun during the process.

By Advonik.jpg
    Created by @Advonik, who gives a wonderful big moon to Tokyo.​

As you know, we released OnePlus Nord this week, which was warmly welcomed by you. If you want to know more about it, check @Chriis D's product introduction or this AMA about Nord and Buds.

微信截图_20200724164357.png

Are you up to speed with Nord already? Now, it's time for you to create "Your Nord"!

If you were the product manager of Nord, which features would you add to this phone? How would you design its appearance?

Open your mind and share your ideas here, you can write, draw, or even make a video to state your idea! The criterion for this challenge is only creativity, release your imagination and have fun!

微信截图_20200724164357.png
    (Here is a draft for you as a starter.)​

Rules?
    • It must originate from you, DO NOT copy others' idea.
    • 10 lucky users will win a tote bag.
    • 5 winners will be selected by the OnePlus team, each winner will win a OnePlus Nord Brave bottle.
    • We'll invite Nord team to pick one from the 5 winners, who will also win a OnePlus Buds.
    • Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
    This challenge will last a week, until July 31 11:59PM EST, looking forward to "your Nord"!

Aug 3 update

You can't believe it! We have more genius participated in this creative challenge with more than 300 extraordinary thoughts. Moreover, you guys not only put forward your conceptions, but also visualize them in drawing, PS, AI, CAD and video. It's really hard to choose only 5 from them. :hushed:

Therefore, I picked 15 works sticked beneath, which with really creative thoughts and high quality, let's vote for your favourite! :hearteyes: (Deadline: 10:00 AM HKT, Aug 5)

Top 5 in like amounts will win a Nord brave bottle, the rest will win a Nord tote bag. What's more, I'll invite Nord team to choose one from them to win a OnePlus Buds in addition. These works are also going to show in OnePlus social media. :kissingheart:

Thank you guys for your enthusiasm, I believe Nord team will be inspired by you.

Aug 5 update

Congratulations to @Girish.Pranav @Batman360 @Sylvester.David @asishgrwl and @G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj who received top 5 like amounts. You guys are good product manager of your own Nord :smiley:

Chioce of Nord team: @G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj, congratulations!

G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj.jpg

2. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Stickied Post
    Girish.Pranav , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Okay, on it @Fleming F.!
    Thanks a lot for the creative challenge again! it's so fun and intriguing to implement my weird ideas into a use😅[e]1f601[/e]
    DISCLAIMER: I DIDN'T WANT TO GO INTO DEEP TECHNICAL DETAILS, CAUSE THIS IS A CREATIVE CONTEST. SO ONLY LETTING OUT MY ARTISTIC AND DESIGN IDEAS ON A MAIN BASIS.
    If I were a Product Manager, I would have to think practically and take decisions carefully as my product will depend on various factors, such as budget, availability of resources, Quality checks, time, marketing, and much more! It doesn't stop there, more and more hurdles will come up when you try to do something extraordinaire.
    I wouldn't go too deep into the tech, and these are just my ideas, keeping in mind that you guys must have taken the decision carefully and for a valid reason.

okay, I would list my Ideas down below.
    Technical ideas:
    1) I would have gone for the USB Type-C cable to be matching with the signature Teal blue of the Nord. Since all the advertisements, posts and even the Box of the Nord has that teal blue. So it would be perfect for the New Beginnings, why go for the old red?

2) Audio output is one of the biggest concerns for a daily smartphone user like me. Since the Nord is all about user experience, I would have added dual stereo speakers(NORD has one) at the bottom. Come on, who doesn't need some extra bass and sound with those Dual firing speakers? and decreasing the 12GB RAM to 10, to save some costs? probably.
    Edit: These ideas haven't been copied from anyone and these were written within an hour of the post.
    3) I would have added a metal frame, instead of the plastic one to make it feel more sturdy, also metal looks and feels way better.
    4) The camera UI can be vastly improved in the OnePlus devices.
    Artistic ideas:
    Here I would be adding more cases/skin ideas for the phone, I'll also provide a drive link for whatever pics I post.
    1595598401378.jpg

Concept: This is a fluid/liquid art like the case with the signature teal and black colors. (Fluid because 90Hz fluid display 😅)
    1596020863812.jpg

1596020863894.jpg
    1596121772934.jpg
    These are just some creative cases, which I tried.

Now, These are the Designs of the back panel. I forgot to add some curves. This is just a concept I felt could be incorporated. Looks different and interesting to me.
    1595655542588.jpg
    1595658630743.jpg
    This design is Nord to the OnePlus 7T which has a quad-cam. (I meant nod)

Front camera placement:
    The Nord looks good with the selfie camera at the corner, looks stunning. But I wouldn't want my notifications at the left end to be hanging in between, looks dissatisfying. So why not keep the camera(s) in the middle?
    1596105276309.jpg
    1596105276207.jpg
    this might look odd, but it will solve the problem of the notifications just hanging in the middle, and you can have your phone stats at the rights and any app notifications at the complete left, no in-betweens.

In conclusion: The NORD team has delivered a great device for the price point, and must've taken their decision wisely to deliver the best. I wish the Nord team a very good luck for their future endeavours and devices, all the best!
    Thanks for reading! Will provide a drive link for the pictures if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

3. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Stickied Post
    Batman360 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Yet another amazing creativity contest @Fleming F. 😉
    Will give it my best shot 😉

My entry:

(Disclaimer: These ideas are unfinished, will be describing them more. I hope no one copies them.)

a.) Video:

Youtube video:

BTS: It took me around a whole day to write the script, act, make the video, edit it, and insert memes.
    I didn't want to ruin the video by adding subtitles so, I have attached the drive link of the whole script below :) There is a easter egg in the names of the community members, let's see who finds it first :p I thought of including the bloopers too but that would have just made the video longer so skipped it, sorry :)
    I hope you guys will enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed making it :)

Script (Drive link): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qwW3lpySwCyCGWYgKs8BoGPdEroDzyc4/view?usp=sharing

b.) Realistic Ideas (taking in care of the cost):

1.) Zero Bloatware: Why pre-install the bloatware when users can install them on their own? :p These are like your clingy relatives who never leaves :p

images (21).jpeg

2.) Single punch hole selfie camera:

PicsArt_07-26-11.45.34.jpg

3.) Triple rear cameras: Perfect trio doesn’t exi….

images (23).jpeg

4.) Flagship level camera software:

PicsArt_07-26-11.47.12.jpg

5.) A better haptic motor: Why should girls have all the fun?! :p

6.) Dark mode for 3rd party apps:

PicsArt_07-26-11.48.42.jpg

7.) Changing Camera UI:

images (26).jpeg

8.) Warp charge 45: Slow it down, said no one ever!

images (28).jpeg

9.) Trading 5G for a better processor (855/855+):

PicsArt_07-26-11.50.35.jpg

10.) Making the battery teal colored (if it isn’t already): Because uniformity is the key too.

images (30).jpeg

11.) Network acceleration toggle in notification bar: Need speed? And in handy?!

PicsArt_07-26-11.51.19.jpg

12.) A display with better outdoor brightness: Increase the outdoor brightness until my eyes be like:

images (32).jpeg

13.) Liquid cooling: Mobile gamers mostly be all noob but they sure do want their device to stay cool even when they themselves are sweating :p

14.) Cool freezing fingerprint animation: This would be a really amazing customization, like the one in Mclaren edition but this one when touched would give an effect of screen freezing around the finger/thumb.

images (33).jpeg

15.) Taking out RCC from the settings: Well we all have face this issue, so why not just take out the RCC page from the setting and put it in the shelf and re-direct the users to the RCC website when tapped on it.

images (34).jpeg

16.) Launcher tweaks: Status bar: Tweaking the software so that at least the screenshots taken doesn’t have squishy status bar.

images (35).jpeg

17.) Dual bottom firing speakers: Instead of providing stereo speakers, the device could be fitted with a dual bottom firing speaker to compensate for the sound loss.

images (36).jpeg

18.) Tempered glass pre-applied: Well this is mandatory because glass is glass and glass breaks.

images (37).jpeg
    Press F for respect.

19.) Clear Bumper case included in the box: Well if glass back is provided then it’s mandatory to include extra protection in the box.

20.) Bluetooth pairing with 2 Bullets wireless (1,2,Z) at once: Well this feature comes from a personal experience, I can’t really share my bullets wireless earphones with my girlfriend while listening to the music in my phone or watching a movie. Either we have to sit really close (not that I mind, but not a PDA type guy) so that the other end of the earphones reaches her. So providing dual Bluetooth pairing is a must.

c.) Realistic Ideas (no matter how high is the cost):

Some of the ones’ mentioned above and more below:

1.) Corning Gorilla Glass Victus (both front and back)

2.) Warp 125W Charging

3.) 144Hz Refresh Rate display

4.) 6000 mAh battery

5.) RGB OnePlus Logo on the rear

6.) Liquid cooling with exhaust fans

7.) Pop-up/In-display selfie Camera (hidden)

8.) Snapdragon 865+ Chipset

9.) 2K QHD Display

10.) Pressure sensitive gaming triggers/power button/volume rockers (not the alert slider)

11.) UFS 3.1

12.) Wireless/Reverse wireless charging

13.) IPx8 waterproof rating

14.) Dolby Stereo speakers with dual bottom audio firing

15.) Having different spaces for everything (Gaming, Social, Music, Study, Work, Movies/Shows)

16.) 12GB RAM, 512GB internal storage

17.) Top grade Camera sensors + Camera Software

18.) Included in the box: OnePlus Buds + Carbon Fiber Bumper Case + Charging Brick + Cable + Wireless Charging Dock + Gaming Pads.

19.) Enhancing User Privacy

20.) Waterfall curve (95% screen to body ratio)

21.) Haptic 3.0

22.) RAM-16GB

23.) Seperate themes for Gamers and Normal users.

(Providing industry's best hardware and software experience and a spec sheet to die for)

d.) A Story: Unrealistic Ideas (yet futuristic):

The year is 2050! As a product manager of OnePlus, a company that had grown way too much, expanded its business in all the countries across the globe. Innovation word is lost somewhere in this era, people stopped thinking out of the box. And here I was faced with a challenge of coming up with a new product that would define the company as a whole. The company that stands up for its users, provides them with best in-line specs at an affordable price and also making flagship devices to just destroy the competition from all the price segments. The challenge for me became even more difficult when the timeline of the launch shortened by one month and now, we had just 2 months to prepare a new product that would blow the whole smartphone industry away. Yes, as the technology industry grew the rate of production went up and hence shorter and shorter launch duration. So, I decided to cut off myself from the technology for a week to understand its true importance and need and to come up with an idea that would do wonders for years to come. I went on an isolated island (not to relax, but to think). My mind being at peace now, I was reminiscing the older days of OnePlus, all the struggles, all the hard work, that led us where we are now. And then it clicked me, OnePlus had done such impossible thing in the past too, in year 2020, while coming up with Nord, and that too in such short span of time. What if I do the same thing but differently, come up with a Nord 2.0 but not as a budget phone, but as a phone that would not let any competition survive. So, now, I had to think from a perspective of a user which I was back in 2020 before joining the company itself. All I needed was a fresh set of ideas and being isolated from the tech world, my mind was screaming with ideas and the next thing I knew was, being on stage, unfurling the curtains for our new product that is going to blow the mind of the whole world. And all the work my team did to make my ideas come true was exceptional, staying up day and night with me, all juiced up to bring up a revolutionary product that no one could have imagined could be possible. And the ideas that made the product a worldwide success just after it being launched were:

1.) Transparent see through screen.

2.) Holographic touch keyboard.

3.) Hidden in-screen cameras

4.) Automatic scrolling by detecting the movement of the eyes.

5.) Levitates just before hitting the ground if falls accidently.

6.) Different attachments for camera lenses, gaming, speakers, etc.

7.) Full-fledged cloud gaming, just tap and play, setting up strong and fast servers for zero latency/lag.

8.) Watching contents on phone and want it on TV, just swipe and point the content towards the tv and it plays directly.

9.) Folds itself into a small size pen drive.

10.) Having an inbuilt tracker so that whenever the device gets 50mtrs. apart from the user, the user would get notified on his smartwatch and could track the device even in switched off mode.

11.) Zero buttons, everything is gesture controlled.

12.) Charges while coming in the electro-magnetic field, no wires, no wireless chargers required.

13.) Could take anywhere, even deep under water for infinite amount of time.

14.) Doesn't need warranty coverage as it's never breakable. "Glass in glass and it never breaks in 2050".

15.) No need for SIM, the phone itself comes with a unique number.

e.) Artistic Design (for the back panel):

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-31 at 21.05.14.jpeg

Edit-1 timestamp: 8:05pm IST, July 24 (point b.) skeleton)
    Edit-2 timestamp: 12:06am IST, July 25 (point c.) skeleton)
    Edit-3 timestamp: 3:38pm IST, July 27 (point a.), b.) compeleted, c.) edited)
    Edit- 4 timestamp: 3:26pm EST, July 31 (Final edit)

4. asishgrwl
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

Stickied Post
    asishgrwl , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Oh this is good!

If I were the product manager of Nord, I would like to make the following changes:
    • Add a colored power button.
    • Move the alert slider from above the power button to above the volume up/down buttons.
    • Increase its thickness from 8.2 mm to 8.5 mm and do away with the camera bump and increase the battery capacity at the same time.
    • Replace the 5 MP depth sensor and the 2 MP macro lens at the rear with an 8 MP telephoto lens and a 5 MP macro lens respectively.
    • Add support for shooting 4K videos at 60 fps from the 48 MP primary lens at the back.
    • Add support for nightscape on the front facing camera.
    • Give a dual tone finish to the Nord at the back.
    • Provide it with a Dolby stereo speaker system by converting the earpiece to a loudspeaker to support the one present at the bottom just like we did with OnePlus 7.
    • Replace the linear vibrating motor with a much more powerful taptic engine.
    • Move the under-display fingerprint sensor just a bit above from where it is right now (makes it easy to use for people having small palm/hands I guess).
    • Provide USB 3.1 and UFS 3.1 storage too.
    • Make the charging cable a braided one and will keep it red.
    • Include a Type-C to 3.5mm adapter if not a Type-C Bullets Earphones in the retail box.
    • Remove the ONEPLUS branding from rear bottom and move the OnePlus logo to the center.
    • Do away with 6/64 GB model and add a third color option: Coral Green.
    Nord_dual_tone.png
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.jpg
    As I said, the alert slider is above the volume button and the power button is colored:)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020

5. HASHTAGKEM
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

Stickied Post
    HASHTAGKEM , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Hello, I am the Product manager of Nord,
    This is the new OnePlus 1+ NORD

MY CAMERA SETUP
    My NORD will have three rear cameras (48MP Main camera, 16MP Wide camera & 12MP 5x Super Macro camera), dual bright flash below the cameras, Dedicated depth sensor,
    Front facing popup camera (32MP).

THE AESTHETIC OF THE PHONE
    OnePlus logo faded in the center of the back of the phone, rear camera setup and back of front facing pop up camera. OnePlus logo at the bottom with a custom area for users with invitations from OnePlus to add their own custom name.
    OnePlus theme color (Red) buttons at the side of phone for volume, power and alert slider and finally

absolutely no bezel (Full HD 1440×2560 pixels screen).

MY OVERALL SPECS ADDITION
    IP68, more custom options (themes), always on display, 2K video at 60 fps stabilization main camera, option to enable USB file transfer as default when I plug it to a computer and lastly expandable storage.
    @Fleming F. @Andy Liu.
    nord.png nord SPECS.png nord STORAGE.png nord side.png
    made in Photoshop

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020

Immi007, Amanda W., Pete and 15 others like this.
  6. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2020

Stickied Post
    Swatiranjan , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Hi, @Fleming F. , Onemore Design came to my mind when I though of another device " ONEPLUS NORD Z".
    We were pretty confused whether the name would be Z or Lite of NORD; So time to name it NORD Z.

I asked the same question in AMA with addition of 20 $, but unfortunately no body answered my question, I have asked to @Shawn L. , @Andy Liu. & @Carl.

AMA - OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds

Anyway, Let's come to the topic:;

I would have designed The NORD Z with the following details:

NORD Z.png

I have already designed a logo for NORD series; My first post:

NORD Logo Design.png

So, The specification is very Basic; I would have made small small changes in design:
    1. Rear Camera position would be taken to Centre.
    Tripple Rear Camera set up is used instead of 4 Cameras ( cameras of 7T does great and i'would have used the same configuration for rear cameras)
    2. Front camera is a single punch hole 16 MP camera. ( I really feel bad because of the space taken by dual punch holes in original NORD)
    3. Introduction of 3.5 mm Audio Jack ( mind it, it's a mid range smart phone and people should have their choice of headphone; I wouldn't have supplied the earphone in the box)
    4. Only 2 variants would have been there ( 6 GB RAM with 128 GB Internal Memory & 8 GB RAM with 256 GB memory) ( i still can't think of a 12 GB mid range smartphone)
    5. Cyan cable with the 30 Watt WARP charge Adapter in the box.
    6. Cyan color power button. ( looks cool, is n't it ???)
    7. Dual stereo speakers ;Noise cancellation support , Dolby Atmos[e]00ae[/e]
    8. A mega battery - 5100 mAH ( cyan color) I don't mind increasing the length of the phone to accommodate that mega battery.
    9. The Original Oxygen Os ( 10/11) , but clean from all bloat wares ( i don't want pre-installed apps which I would never use)
    10. 3D Corning Gorilla Glass. ( With pre applied Tempered Glass)
    11. Optical Zoom of 3X ( OIS +EIS)
    12.USB 3.1 1st gen.
    13. UFS 3.0
    14. GPU: Adreno 640
    15. The most important thing : The back side of NORD Z; I don't want a glass or a metal back ( how many people actually uses a wireless charger), I want the textured Rubber back cover with a great grip of phone

Similarity with Original NORD

1. CPU: Qualcomm[e]00ae[/e] Snapdragon[e]2122[/e] 765G 5G mobile platform
    2. 30 Watt WARP charge ( 5V/6A)
    3. Display ( i want that 4K display resolution, but because of price I have to drop it), Still HDR10+ does a pretty good job.
    4. All other specs of original NORD.

I hope I would have been able to keep the price within 400$.

I really love to be a part of such challenge. Thank you again @Fleming F. for the opportunity.

Can we get feedbacks from our experts for our designs ??? it would be great if they do so.

❣️SRD.

Immi007, Amanda W., Pete and 21 others like this.
  7. Sylvester.David
    Froyo Jul 26, 2020

Stickied Post

dashxdot, Immi007, aris and 43 others like this.
  8. PurplePulp
    Donut Jul 27, 2020

Stickied Post
    PurplePulp , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Wow! This contest is so interesting!!

I initially started with some designs and gradient shades on the back of the current Nord device... But if I were the Product Manager of Nord, I would really like for the device to have a distinguishing appearance from current OnePlus phones, and this design language only specific to the Nord Series of phones. Hence, I started experimenting with the back and camera design (come on, we really can't change much about the front).

Prototypes:

prototypes.jpg

After quite a few prototypes, finally settled on a design and a color scheme for the device.

Final design:

final.jpg

I've kept the dimensions of the device same as the current OnePlus Nord. The device would have a distinguishing band with a contrasting color scheme from the remaining back panel that houses the 3 Cameras, flashlight, camera flash, and a notification light (implemented much like Gaming phones these days but towards one side - I will explain the reason further below.)

Specs:

Display: 20:9 Full HD+ AMOLED 90 Hz (same as the current Nord), but with a max brightness of 1200 nits

Processor: Snapdragon 765G

Variants (RAM, Storage): (6GB, 128 GB), (8GB, 256 GB) UFS 3.0 storage

Battery: 4300 mAH

Camera:
    Front: only 1 camera, 32MP
    Rear: 3 cameras
    Main: IMX586, 48MP with OIS (same as the current Nord)
    Wide-Angle: 8MP (same as the current Nord)
    Telephoto: 2x zoom, 8MP​
    Flash: Dual-tone LED​

Back: Curved Glass, Gorilla Glass Protection.
    Glossy finish with Violet (bottom), Ultramarine (middle-bottom), Yale Blue (Rest) color gradient.
    Camera Band: Matte finish with Orange and Chrome color gradient.​

Front: Gorilla Glass Protection, Oleophobic coating

Sides: Metal. Turquoise color.

Buttons: Gestures and on-screen navigation support
    Left: Alert Slider (Turquoise color), Volume (Turquoise color)
    Right: Power (Orange)​

Notification light: (bar-shaped light covered with back glass, implementation like gaming phones)
    Position: Left side of the device when seen from the front. This way the light can be seen from left side too as the back glass is curved. Also, as the placement is just behind the alert slider, it will not need any separate cutouts on cases for visibility.
    Purpose: This would work as normal LED notification light (like on OP3). But in Gaming mode it can also act as feedback for various actions as, naturally, hand rests behind the device while gaming and once can see the light falling there. Once implemented, many purposes can be thought of. Eg, as a blinking light during alarms. It would also consume very less battery.​

Finger-print: In-display sensor but placed a bit higher than the current placement on Nord

Audio:
    Speakers: Stereo-speakers (on top-front and bottom of device)
    Microphone: 2
    3.5 mm Headphone-Jack on top.
    Reason behind this placement: when device is held sideways, with left side (alert sliderside) facing ground, for gaming or video consumption, the headphone jack and speaker both come at the top portion. This will allow proper grip while playing with headphones and charging at the same time. Also, when not using headphones, the hands will not cover the speaker, and hence game or video sounds will be unobstructed by the hand holding the device.​

Ports:
    USB Type-C 3.0
    Dual nano-sim
    Micro SD card slot​

Sensors: Same as current OnePlus Nord

Hope y'all like my submission! Please upvote if you like it! ;) <3

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020

9. marcvento12
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2020

Stickied Post
    marcvento12 , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Nord already packs really cool features. My goal with this proposal was to give a realistic change of perspective to the phone, providing some touches of Oneplus One essence.
    I own this proposal design/flyer. (made mostly with Adobe Illustrator, but also Photoshop.)

Edit: I would like to thank Oneplus team for the amazing phone they created. Also to their community, which is always trying to solve problems creatively, no other brand has that. This contest is just one example, thanks to @Fleming F. for proposing it. It's always fantastic to see new thoughts and ideas.
    oneplusnord_Mesa de trabajo 1.png
    oneplusnord2_Mesa de trabajo 1 copia.png

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020

repsakasper, aris, Amanda W. and 19 others like this.
  10. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 27, 2020

Stickied Post
    obakesan , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Well, let's be honest, I'm not an artiste, although I try, I know what I like, but can't really express what my mind thinks to what I end up trying to create. I think of an amazing vista, complete with sunset, rolling windswept hills, animals frolicking around, etc. However, when I try to draw it, in reality, it just comes out like a bunch of stick figures.

<sigh> it is what it is I guess, not my forte, so I no I have no chance to be even considered for this type of contest, neverless, I had a couple of simple perhaps thoughts if I indeed was the product manager. Always lots of ideas, but here are the first I came up with for now. Hope someone enjoys:

1) Dedicated Camera Shuttter

The first I'd add was a dedicated camera shutter button on the outside of the phone. I'd probably place it on the right side of the device along with the alert slider and power button, but near the bottom. Holding the phone in landscape mode would be ideal to hit the button for focusing and taking photos. Why? Just because, sometimes the screen gets in the way of tapping and taking a photo. A dedicated button would give you the feeling of an old style camera but on a modern device. It is also something that could make the product more unique for it's camera facilities compared to other devices on the market. This is an area that hasn't really been done before, plus the button could be configured in OxygenOS for some other purpose when not in camera mode. Like hold it for voice memos or call up the assistant for example.

2) Camera Layout.

Maybe this is not possible given the positional elements of the cameras, but I thought, why not try to move them around. How though? We currently have a line of 4 cameras, that pretty much all phones have, it's a bit boring to be honest. So, let's change the layout and tie it into the supposed brand's direction of North or True North.

I re-arranged the cameras into a triangle housing. The housing acts like an arrow in a compass, pointing North, thus at a glance you get a visual identity of the Nord and it's New Beginnings motto, always pointing true, just as you would your camera when taking a perfect shot. These are just some starting point ideas. I wasn't really sure what the contest itself was about cause it seems quite broad and not terribly specific. Anyway, perhaps I will add additional ideas as I go along.

Here's are some simple renders I did of the designs with some other other thoughts:

The Nord A? need think of a name for it haha. Anyway, you can see what I was thinking for the camera array, it stands out more, like an arrow, pointing North. I also added the camera button on the bottom left to get a sense of what I meant. This is still 4 cameras, 1 top, 1 middle, 1 bottom left / right and flash in the middle.

Marble Blue

OnePlus NordA Blue.png

Classic OnePlus Red?

OnePlus NordA Red.png

Had a try at some case ideas, thinking of the North, made me think of mountains, ice, etc.

Ice Bumper
    OnePlus NordA Ice Bumper.png

Mountain Bumper
    OnePlus NordA Bumper Mountain.png

Anyway, I have no chance to win, I'll admit defeat there, that way I won't be saddened or disappointed haha, but wanted to share anyway, since I did some work on it already. I wasn't planning on even doing that cause maybe wasn't good enough, but I kind of think it has an interesting look, start of something kinda vibe.
    Enjoy

11. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2020

Stickied Post
    Cakepips , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Here is what My Nord would be like... (as a product manager)
    Disclaimer - I have no technical ability nor proper understanding so... if something is wrong, I can only apologise!
    Kutos to product managers, there's certainly a lot to think about! This was certainly a challenge.
    I literally have no idea what everyone else has done btw so will be having a look once this is complete.
    Edit (wed 29th July) - removed Macro lens. Software should be able to enable this maybe with the telephoto.
    Edit (Sunday 2nd August) - forgot to remove macro on colours part. Now removed.

Details
    Nord - explorer ed (CP)-01.jpg
    Nord - explorer ed (CP)-02.jpg

Extra information
    • Parameters - Size: 6.44 inches, Resolution: 2400x1080 pixels 408ppi, Aspect Ratio: 20:9, Refresh Rate: 90 Hz, Type: Fluid AMOLED, Support sRGB, Display P3, Cover Glass: Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, Glass backing with aluminium frame
    • Features - Video enhancer, Reading mode, Night mode
    • Performance - Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android™ 10, CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 765G 5G mobile platform, GPU: Adreno 620, RAM: 8GB/12GB LPDDR4X, Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS2.1, Battery: 4500 mAh (non-removable), Warp Charge 30T fast charging (5V/6A) with ability to wireless charge
    Camera
    • Rear camera – Main - Sensor: Sony IMX586, Megapixels: 48, Pixel Size: 0.8 µm/48M; 1.6 µm (4 in 1)/12M, Lens Quantity: 6P, OIS: Yes, EIS: Yes, Aperture: f/1.75
    • Telephoto - Megapixels: 12mp, OIS: Yes, EIS: Yes, Aperture: f/2.4
    • Ultra wide angle lens – Rear, Megapixels: 8, Aperture: f/2.25, Field of View: 119°
    • Depth lens - Megapixels: 5, Aperture: f/2.4
    • Flash - Dual LED Flash
    • Autofocus - Multi Autofocus (PDAF+CAF)
    • Video - 1080P video at 30/60 fps, 4k 60 fps. Super slow motion: 1080P video at 240 fps. Time-Lapse: 1080P 30 fps, 4k 30 fps. Video editor
    • Features - CINE aspect ratio video recording, UltraShot HDR, Nightscape, Focused macro (selects area which to macro on), Portrait, Pro mode, Panorama, AI scene detection, RAW image, Filters, Quick share
    • Front Camera - Sensor: Sony IMX616, Megapixels: 32, Pixel Size: 0.8 µm/32M; 1.6 µm (4 in 1)/8M EIS: Yes, Autofocus: Fixed Focus, Aperture: f/2.45
    • Ultra Wide Angle Lens – Front, Megapixels: 8, Aperture: f/2.45, Field of View: 105°
    • Video - 4K video at 30/60 fps, 1080P video at 30/60 fps, Time-Lapse
    • Features - Face unlock, Adjustable fingerprint scanner (either front or side button), Touch buttons (Power and volume which can be programmed from settings) HDR, Screen flash, Face retouching, Filters, Ultra wide selfie, Stereo Speakers (of some kind)
    Colours
    Decided with three colours, Blue representing the Nord, Black for the classics and red for Oneplus.

Nord - explorer ed (CP)-03.jpg

Bonus - Nord Box
    Added bonus... I kind of thought of it whilst doing it and thought I might as well pop it in. it folds up and has a drawer compartment in the top. Everything is an experience, so presentation is important too!

Nord - explorer box (CP)-01.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

12. G Jaswanth sai
    Donut Jul 28, 2020

Stickied Post
    G Jaswanth sai , Jul 28, 2020 :
    1595961921669.jpg
    *if I were the manager of Nord.

*here is the launch event[e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e]

1596300980811.jpg

*as usual @Carl will be my partner🤗

1595962004311.jpg
    *my box will be changed from red to blue [e]1f499[/e]

*my specs will be pity much the same. except the processor
    and price range is
    1596429941818.jpg

*24,999 - 6gb ram/ 64 GB storage
    *26,999- 8gb ram/ 128 GB storage
    *29,999- 12gb ram/256 GB storage

*but my available variants and design are changed.
    [e]1f609[/e]

1595962216808.jpg
    *it will have iconic live wallpapers and as many phones will have different gradients and colours.

*my Nord will also have the eye popping 🤪 shades.

1) Nord blue[e]1f499[/e]
    2) Nord green[e]1f49a[/e]
    3) Nord orange🧡

*i will aslo have the " vertical camera" setup in the middle because i have seen many people liking it.[e]1f44d[/e]

*Nord must also provide" rubber cases "along with the hard cases and i will introduce plain cases with colours blue marble ,silicone red and sandstone black

*because people love blue marble😋

* i finally understood why they have not changed the red cable to blue cable because of "RED CABLE CLUB"

*I also introduce some features to make it a powerful phone for playing games

a) adding cooling mechanism( very important)
    b) haptic motors while playing games
    c) Special Battery saving mechanism for games to reduce battery drain
    and i will introduce it is a gaming friendly one.
    *Because in many countries it is important for a mid range phone to be gaming friendly.

* Did a lot of work [e]1f477[/e]‍♂️, any suggestion will be appreciated[e]1f60a[/e].

* thanks in advance [e]1f64f[/e]

with lots of love to OnePlus🤗

#NEW BEGINNINGS[e]1f499[/e]

@Fleming F.

Attached Files:

13. G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Stickied Post
    G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hello OnePlus
    So, here is my creative thoughts about nord
    I think the phone's specifications is good enough
    But I have a good design concept for you so here it is
    IMG_20200730_104240.jpg ki IMG_20200730_104327.jpg

IMG_20200730_105350.jpg

In the month of March I send you some emails about the design that I like for OnePlus the email address is boom@email.oneplus.com
    so, here are design of that
    1596099640721.jpg

1596099640642.jpg

1596099640763.jpg

1596099640680.jpg

1596099640584.jpg

1596102430014.jpg

1596102429802.jpg

1596102429954.jpg

1596102429886.jpg

1596102429844.jpg

1596102429704.jpg

1596099640807.jpg

Attached Files:

14. G_Anirudh_Puranik_LBLP
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Stickied Post
    G_Anirudh_Puranik_LBLP , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Ok, @Fleming F. ! Here's "My Nord"! I wanted it to look truly unique and stand out from a sea of similar looking phones.
    The most unique part: The U shaped camera set up. 48 MP main camera, 16 MP ultrawide, 12 MP telephoto/depth sensor. While this camera set up lies on a glossy glass, the rest of the back is frosted. Frosted Glass like on the oneplus 8 pro. The glossy camera set up glistens through the frosted glass, a truly fun combination.
    Coming to the front, I made it an all screen display - Fluid AMOLED at 90 Hz refresh rate. I decided to go with a unique side pop up camera set up which consists of a 32 MP main + 8MP wide just like on the og OnePlus Nord. Ofcourse, there's also the on display finger print scanner. One extra thing that I would add is an IR illuminator along with the front cameras for face-unlock even in the dark.
    The specs are already awesome on the OnePlus Nord, so I found no need to change that.
    All sketches were made in Autodesk Sketchbook. oneplusnord1.jpg oneplusnord.jpg

15. __RAYZAR__
    Donut Jul 31, 2020

Stickied Post
    __RAYZAR__ , Jul 31, 2020 :
    My OnePlus Nord
    So, for the Nord, I would definitely change up the design.
    It's fully 3D Rendered, unforuneately lower quality becuase my PC isn't very powerful and it would take days just to render. But here is "My Nord" (I call it the Nord T)

[​IMG]
    Design
    With a rectangle camera cutout, it adds a bit of life, even tho some might not like it, it does fit really well. The back is matte glass like on the OnePlus 7 & 8 Series with cool colors (More on colors later)
    It has an AI Button above the colored Power Button and the Sound/Vibration/Mute switch above the volume buttons on the other side. And because this is the "Nord T" it has a little "<T>" badge on the bottom above the Designed by OnePlus text.
    Display
    It has a borderless Super AMOLED Screen that will immerse you into your content. It has beautiful and vivid colors whcih means you will enjoy your content a lot more. The display is DisplayMate A+ Certified just like the OnePlus 7 Series displays.

[​IMG]
    Camera
    Featuring a Penta Camera Setup, the OnePlus Nord (T) camera allows you to do Just normal photos, but also expand the field of view to up to 132° with the Ultra Wide Angle Camera, or use the 5X Optical Zoom to get closer to objects that are far. Also has the inclusion of the Color Filter Camera from the OnePlus 8 Pro so you can do cool effects with your photos. Both the Main & Ultrawide can record at 4K 60 FPS and you can switch between them while recording a video with a smooth switch animation.

[​IMG]

The Selfie Camera is a popup camera like on the OnePlus 7(T) Pro to allow the screen to be borderless. It's a single front camera with the resolution of 12 MP so you will still get crisp pictures, but it's time to say hello to a selfie stick again if you want to fit more people in.

[​IMG]
    Battery & Charging
    It has a 4600mAh battery so it lasts all day or even longer. And with WarpCharge 3T, you won't have to worry about forgetting to charge it as it will charge it from 0 to 50% in only 30 minutes. It also has Wireless Charging so it fits everyone, Wireless Charging can go up to the speed of 15W. It can also Reverse Wireless Charge other devices with up to 7W.
    Sound & Haptics
    For the sound, it should have Dolby Atmos sound jsut like Samsung phones, even tho it has 2 speakers on the bottom and an earpiece. This is perfect to give you a surround-like experience.

The Haptics Motor is the same high quality one as on all the other OnePlus phones.
    Performance
    Just like the OnePlus Nord, it has the Snapdragon 765G with 5G so it performs identically. With UFS 3.0 Storage, LPDDR4X RAM up to 10GB and liquid cooling, it's a great 2020 Higher-MidRange.
    And the other stuff...
    • Squeeze Sensors
    You can squeeze the sides of the phone to start some action like open Google Assistant for example.
    • Audio Sharing
    Listen with up to 2 pairs of headphones connected at once via bluetooth.
    Colors
    The OnePlus Nord T has a few colors that all look differently with a different shiny effect.

[​IMG]
    And that's the OnePlus Nord in my vision!
    I hope you guys like it, and good luck everyone!

P.S. : Love you OnePlus

16. StateOfMondo
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

Stickied Post
    StateOfMondo , Jul 31, 2020 :
    After the partnership with McLaren why not a partnership with NASA?
    Here my vision of Oneplus nord 2.0 NASA special edition.
    I leave the images to speak themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 9:47 AM

Stickied Post

18. Stickied Post
    G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 5, 2020 at 10:03 AM :
    @Fleming F. Thanks alot you liked my concept thanks alot @Pete now I want to tell you something I'm not a graphic designer, Didn't know how to use autocad but I have a concept and I have my phone so I just take a screenshot of white page on my phone and just go to gallary app and start making it by square, rectangles,circle and different colour scheme and this is my first contest and Iam very happy to win oneplus buds now I have total two things from one plus
    1 OnePlus bullets wireless Z (I brought it about a month ago and this one is the best for sound and king in battery life and battery charging
    2 is Oneplus buds that I win
    Thanks alot [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    And NEVER
    SETTLE

Amanda W. and Fleming F. like this.
  19. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 10:29 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 10:29 AM :
    We've actually talked about this approach, but it conflicts with the receiver, and maybe we can find a good way to acomplish it

20. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 10:43 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 10:43 AM :
    wow!Good design, before We designed it
    1d8f676510967e95f6870d029f98ae3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:27 AM

21. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 11:02 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 11:02 AM :
    I think it's a good idea to go with us, and we're designing something like this, and maybe we'll see it in the future

22. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 11:04 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 11:04 AM :
    Do you want that?
    975f8bc7009cbb23816d0b588b0b31d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:31 AM

23. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 11:10 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 11:10 AM :
    like that?
    微信截图_20200805180945.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:22 AM

24. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 11:11 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 11:11 AM :
    like a face , make me happy

25. Hope L.
    Chief Designer Staff Member Aug 5, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Stickied Post
    Hope L. , Aug 5, 2020 at 11:14 AM :
    how about it!
    微信截图_20200805181436.png

26. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Opening a can of worms. 😅

I've got loads of ideas. In fact, I was saving them up for when the IDEAS program started.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020

27. JelleZon
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

luxuskamel, betosten, MosheG1 and 3 others like this.
  28. ahuja_varun
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

betosten and TheGadgetGirl like this.
  29. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

30. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 24, 2020 :
    If I was product manager, first thing I would do is make a red OnePlus

31. X1531916200182
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

X1531916200182 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I am on it! Looking forward to see all of the creative ideas from the community! And also - as always - good luck to everyone!

betosten and TheGadgetGirl like this.
  32. DarshanMeniya , via OnePlus 6 Silk White , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Thank you @Fleming F. for another opportunity!

Creative Thoughts Challenge!

Hey OnePlus Challenge Accepted!!!!

If I were the product manager of nord....I have no problem with current OnePlusNord design , it's pretty classic! But OnePlus gives us a challenge of creative thoughts so I tried to be creative! I hope you will like my creation.

As we know OnePlus series always comes with signature "Red Colour" accent while this time they started new beginnings with OnePlus Nord with "Nord Blue" colour. So I decided to try a new designing of OnePlus nord which has new design , new argonomic point of view and new colour's mix variations of "Red" colour and "Nord Blue" color which is highlighted with "Yellow"colour just like OnePlus did it with "Nord Blue OnePlus Buds". OnePlus should make it as a special edition..I am fan of funky colour and I think many people exist like me in the world who also love funky colour , so why not funky colour OnePlus smartphone to get sparkle in public!!!!

1595655790978.jpg

My thoughts on selecting ideal specifications for smartphones:

"Now a days every customer are demanding for flagship phone at very cheaper price , but reality is it's not possible to any company to give flagship level specification at very low price , they can give you flagship level experience at desirable cost just like OnePlus did it with OnePlus Nord!

Selection of smartphone specifications also depends on many factors just like product layout , bill of materials , project layout, bill of supply, marketing, row material cost, research cost, delivering cost, service charge and many other aspects depends on selecting a smartphone specifications..and I must say it's like money on bank , higher you pay more intrest you will gain!

Any smartphone industry can't make a smartphone on only basis of specifications , they also need to check possibilities of making any perticular specification phone and also they need to check their environmental background. At all it's all depends on phone specifications , if you need a flagship phone they will provide it but it may cost more to them so they will cost more from you!!

Technology changes everyday..I am interested on possibility , so I designed this phone which I think is possible to make with few changes!!!!"

1595903478636.jpg
    You can see Blue Marble Colour design on My Nord imagination.

In this design in which you can see LHS View , Top View , Bottom side View , RHS View , Front side View and in Back side view.

Here I have added a one extra button you can say it "Custom Button" , reason of adding this button is that we can use this button as customisable things just like using as a selfie button , Google assistant , or anything else which is just located upper side of volume rocker. It will get easier to take selfie or capture photo with dedicated button instead of using it with volume button or power button. Even I have added a dual bottom stereo speaker and added 1mm punch Hole camera at a centre ( I will be happy if we can hide it on under display !).
    I have also added alert Slider and dedicated power button and usb type c port , front speaker grill , active noise cancellation mic! I have added horizontal quad camera at rear side and added one flash light. Even I have given a slope of 1mm at back panel for better gripping and holding a phone. This slope would be also helps when users uses it for longtime because of this design sweat occuring will be reduced due to space between your fingers and phone!!

My phone design dimension : 160.20mm * 72.90mm * 8.00mm (Inspired by OnePlus 8)

1595656601629.jpg

1595656601549.jpg

1595903509237.jpg

As per my knowledge there will one equation for my previous OnePlus Nord design if we put four Camera individually than cost of manufacturing phone will be increase , so considering cost cutting I have just replaced vertical camera setup of OnePlusNord at 90 degree and put new horizontal camera setup of OnePlusNord at centre of backpanel! which is looking pretty cool!! isn't it??

There is another one reason for adding this horizontal camera setup to midrange OnePlus Nord series is that we know most of camera setup of OnePlus premium devices comes with vertical camera setup ( example : OnePlus 6 , 6T , 7 , 7Pro , 7TPro , 8 , 8Pro etc.. ) so why not horizontal camera setup for budget friendly OnePlus Nord devices!! At all One vertical camera setup of OnePlus premium devices and One horizontal camera setup of OnePlus budget friendly devices makes "Plus" to OnePlus wardrobe!!
    *Consider below design only if you are looking for cost cutting!!

1596095554148.jpg

Here you can see sketch work of me..I am not a phone designer so may be you will find lots mistakes in this Sketches so I request you kindly consider this entry on base of creativity!!!

If I talk about specifications of smartphonephone than I must say its all depends on budget! Technology changes every hour , every day! So here i am not interested to tell you specifications because anyone can write anything, at all it's all depends on budget of phone....

I hope you will like my funky colour design...

According to price of OnePlus Nord, I do not have problems with current OnePlus Nord specifications, so I am going with same specifications.

"Kindly Note It Down"

Few Suggestions but very very important suggestions from my side to software department:

(1)

"We badly miss notification led indicator since OnePlus 6T launch , I know that due to waterdrop / punchhole camera design it is not possible to get implementation. But I am talking about only possibility , i think there is possibility of notifications light in on display just like always on display clock. I think there should be notification indicator , we can do it with software implementation. it will be great to see notification without unlocking phone. we don't need to check phone frequently , just check notification light and decide to unlock phone or not? , even we don't required to read whole notification , just check colour of notifications and you will get idea about perticular things.I think this feature should be in OnePlus Nord.
    At results it will save time of many people and also it will reduce number of unlocking phone frequency so basically it will save battery percentage of mobiles and also it will save user from unnecessary unlocking and locking of phone."

(2)

How can I forget OnePlus Nord slogan if I were the product manager of OnePlus Nord, OnePlus phone without slogan is not a OnePlus phone!

My New OnePlus Nord slogan suggestions :

(i)
    "OnePlus Nord : Lead To True North With Pretty Much Everything!"

(ii)
    "OnePlus Nord : Lead To Your True Direction"

(iii)
    "OnePlus Nord : Lead To Your Every Direction"

(3)

"If I were the product manager of OnePlus Nord I will plan to bring 'Augmented Reality Help Assistant' in OnePlus Nord just like OnePlus did it with "OnePlus Nord AR launch" and "OnePlusTVARHomeDemo", It will get easier to new first time user to customise their phone through help of AR help assistant.Even we can add some AR help tutorial.
    Users just need to check AR video of perticular pre-installed help tutorial! After checking AR help tutorial it will get easier for them perticular old aged people or new smartphone users who will get more benifits of it , it will be easier for them to setup and customise their phone."

I think my all suggestion is possible!

Thank You for reading this post. Thank you for giving us the feelings of OnePlus Nord product manager through this creative contest!

Thank You.

Attached Files:

33. TheGadgetGirl
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

TheGadgetGirl , Jul 24, 2020 :
    On it, @Fleming F.
    Let's get going!
    #NeverSettle

Edit [Timestamp: July 30, 2020, 22:00 IST]
    Here are my suggestions for the OnePlus Nord, if I were the product manager:
    [DESIGN]
    I would have change the design on the rear panel including the camera placement. Something like this:
    • The Camera Module is oriented in + symbol, which resembles a "Compass" 🧭 pointing towards North (Nord :cool:)
    • The texture of the rear panel to have a soft-leather-textured-matt finish. I am a sucker for Matte finish and the new color on the Nord is dope, and this is what I came up with: a fusion!
    • The standard OnePlus logo at the middle.
    1596125955032.jpg

• I might have brought in a red colored version too which would look something like this: 1596126140109.jpg
    Do you like that texture? What say? [e]1f440[/e]

[HARDWARE]
    - I might have tried retaining the good-old headphone jack (I read somewhere that 5G module takes up more space so maybe that's why it is skipped in the original Nord, but I would have given it a thought, if feasible)
    - UFS 3.0 instead of UFS 2.1 for improved data transfer speed
    - Stereo Speakers, maybe, if it fits the budget.

Being a Product Manager of the OnePlus Nord, I guess I can't afford to make my creativity run wild since I gotta think about the pricing of the product too, so I'd not make a lot of changes which increases the manufacturing cost. :p
    If given a choice to change only one thing about the Nord, I'd definitely wanna change its Camera Module!

I'm curious to know your thoughts on my concept-version of the Nord and excited about the results of yet another wonderful chapter of 'Creative Thoughts Challenge'! ;)

Attached Files:

34. JustASoftwareEngineer

35. TheGadgetGirl
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

36. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 24, 2020 :
    You too (and everyone). Going to ignore the thread so that I don't see other peoples ideas. :blush:

Edit - all done! (Number 146), now looking at everyone elses (and they're great!)

37. Preceptor

G_plusone, MosheG1, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  38. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

39. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 24, 2020

40. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Staff Member Jul 24, 2020

Fleming F. , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Sorry bro, that's all I have. :tearsofjoy: You can get more pictures from OnePlus India store here.

41. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Thanks again @Fleming F.
    You literally made the forums alive [e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e].
    Let's see some great ideas.

That was my question for experts in AMA with an addition of 20$. no body answered.

I do have a lots of respect for NORD designers. A special mention to @Shawn L.
    Changing the original design is like questioning their design capability for a design which is already in market and breaking records.

Oneplus has already developed the strength in designing some of the best smartphones; so, lots of in built features & tested software/hardwares can be chosen from own developed options.

In fact If you'll ask me to design another NORD series device, i would say Please repeat almost same design of Oneplus7T with slight changes in processor ( Just to make it a Premium midranger) - As simple as that.

So, I'll try to give my idea for the next Smartphone of NORD series of smartphone with a name ONEPLUS NORD X
    ( Price May be around 400$)

One more design ONEPLUS NORD Z

Designed a Logo for Nord
    NORD Logo Design.png

My Idea of NORD X ; as a Product Manager, is as follows-

Nord X.png

DIMENSION

should have a good form factor.

Height: 162 mm

Width: 74 mm

Thickness: 8 mm

Weight: 180 g

DISPLAY

Parameters:

Size: 6 inches. ( Excluding the curved area Total 6.4 Inch)

Resolution: 3168 x 1440 pixels 460 ppi ( 4K)

Type: Fluid AMOLED

Support sRGB, Display P3

Cover Glass: 3D Corning[e]00ae[/e] Gorilla[e]00ae[/e] Glass

Features

Adaptive Display

Motion Graphics Smoothing

Reading Mode

Night Mode

PERFORMANCE
    Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android[e]2122[/e] 10/11

CPU: Qualcomm[e]00ae[/e] Snapdragon[e]2122[/e] 765G+ 5G mobile platform
    ( New Chip ensuring software/hardware integration)

GPU: Adreno 640

RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X ( 'll not include a 12 GB one)

Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS3.0 (64 GB is too less now a days atleast for such camera set up)

Battery: 4800 mAh (non-removable) ( Cyan Color )
    Warp Charge 50T fast charging (5V/8A approx.)

CAMERA [/COLOR]

Rear Camera - Main

Sensor: Sony IMX586

Megapixels: 48

Pixel Size: 0.8 µm/48M; 1.6 µm (4 in 1)/12M

Lens Quantity: 7P ( Including Google lens)

OIS: Yes

EIS: Yes

Aperture: f/1.6

Ultra Wide Angle Lens

Megapixels: 48

Aperture: f/2.2

Field of View: 120°

Telephoto Lens

Megapixels: 12

Pixel Size: 1.0µm

Aperture: f/2.2

Flash

Dual LED Flash

Zoom

3× hybrid zoom

Autofocus

Autofocus ( PDAF+CAF+LAF)

Video

4K video at 30/60 fps

1080P video at 30/60 fps

Super Slow Motion: 720p video at 480 fps, 1080p video at 240fps

Time-Lapse: 1080P 30fps, 4k 30fps

Video Editor

Time-Lapse

Features

UltraShot, Nightscape, Portrait, Pro Mode, Panorama, HDR, AI Scene Detection, RAW Image

Front Camera

Sensor: Sony IMX616

Megapixels: 32

Pixel Size: 0.8 µm/32M; 1.6 µm (4 in 1)/8M

EIS: Yes

Autofocus: Fixed Focus

Aperture: f/2.45

Ultra Wide Angle Lens - Front

Megapixels: 8

Aperture: f/2.45

Field of View: 105°

Video

4K video at 30/60 fps

1080P video at 30/60 fps

Time-Lapse

Features

Face unlock, HDR, Screen flash, Face retouching, Filters, Ultra wide selfie

CONNECTIVITY
    LTE/LTE-A

4×4 MIMO, Supports up to DL Cat 18 / UL Cat 13(1.2Gbps / 150Mbps),
    Band

5G Compatible
    Wi-Fi

IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2.4G+5G, 2x2 MIMO
    Bluetooth

Bluetooth 5.1, support aptX & aptX HD & LDAC & AAC & SBC
    NFC

NFC enabled

Positioning

GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band), GLONASS, Galileo (E1+E5a Dual Band), Beidou, A-GPS, NavIC

SENSORS

In-display Fingerprint Sensor

Accelerometer

Electronic Compass

Gyroscope

Ambient Light Sensor

Proximity Sensor

Sensor Core

Laser Sensor

PORTS

USB 3.1 GEN1

Type-C

Dual nano-SIM slot

3.5 mm audio jack

BUTTONS
    Gestures and on-screen navigation support

Left: Volume key

Right: Power key ( cyan Color), Alert slider

AUDIO
    Dual Stereo Speakers

Noise cancellation support

Dolby Atmos[e]00ae[/e]

Audio 3D, Audio Zoom

MULTIMEDIA
    Audio Supported Formats

Playback: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WAV, FLAC, APE, OGG, MID, M4A, IMY, AC3, EAC3, EAC3-JOC, AC4

Recording: WAV, AAC, AMR

Video Supported Formats

Playback: MKV, MOV, MP4, H.265(HEVC), AVI, WMV, TS, 3GP, FLV, WEBM

Recording: MP4

Image Supported Formats

Playback: JPEG、PNG、BMP、GIF、WEB、HEIF、HEIC、RAW

Output: JPEG, DNG

IN THE BOX
    OnePlus Nord X

Screen protector (pre-applied)

Warp Charge 50 power adapter

Warp Type-C cable (Support USB 2.0) ( With CYAN color cable)[/COLOR]
    Quick start guide

Welcome letter

Safety information and warranty card

Brand sticker ( A north pointing Arrow with NORD written at the bottom; Not the upper trimmed NOKV like looking present Logo) LOGO is attached on the top.

Phone case : Standard transparent ( However special designed cases shall be available optional)

SIM tray ejector

Highest SAR value & Plastic recycling card

Red Cable Club Membership card

[Cont......]

42. malidan
    Nougat Jul 24, 2020