Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

1. MANANVIJ7
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  2. Z1596081793411
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Z1596081793411 , Jul 30, 2020 :

I would like to add some great and useful features to the Nord without cutting the amazing price.

1. The camera system.
    I'm okay with the primary and ultra wide angle cameras . But if I was the product manager I would have gone for a telephoto lens instead of the depth (which can be done by software ) and the macro ( which can be done by the ultra wide ) . And I guess a single telephoto will cost more or less the same as the other two lenses ( macro and depth ).

2.Design
    I love the design of the Nord and especially the blue one but what I feel is I f I could have been the product manager I would have given a matte finish option which would be great and that can also be a selling point for the product maybe ! (People are getting frustrated with fingerprints and smudges )

3. Variants
    I remember getting my personal daily driver a 128GB storage option at a cost of a 1000 Rs over the 64 GB variant . So that could be done ! So if I were the product manager I would have given a 6+128 GB option for the OnePlus nord which would be an ideal option for people like me !

4.Extras

Here the points I'm going to include is going to cost the company a little bit more but these would make the Nord a great one !
    -> Dual speakers instead of mono
    (OR)
    -> The haptic engine which the OnePlus flagships have
    (OR)
    -> The headphone jack (if the phone had space for it )

If I was the product manager I would have done any of the one stuff under the 4th segment (as cost matters) .

5. In box items
    -> This being a budget phone doesn't have the headphone Jack , ok .. so at least a 3.5mm jack to USB - type C cable could have been provided, if I was the product manager I would have provided it.

-> Secondly this is okay.. but still if I was theproduct manager I would have coloured the Charging cable blue (or teal whatever).

-> Color variants
    I like white options from oneplus so maybe I would have included a white coloured OnePlus Nord with a goldish finish on the sides.

That's it for now the stuff which I have mentioned above are my feelings for the OnePlus Nord , I even had a dream one day being the product designer for the OnePlus Nord ( but now I realised that it is product manager) and this felt like a golden chance to me to share my ideas with you guys ! That's it guys hope you like my ideas !

3. Ivymathewgeorge
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Ivymathewgeorge , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Lets keep it simple:
    2 parts : inside of nord
    Outside of nord
    1. Inside of nord:
    - SD 855 or 855+ ( its i 7nm and its relatively new )
    - just like what nord have done right now No official water resistance standards, but will use those re rubber around the openings for safety
    -Camera : 3 camera in the back - 1 main sensor with OIS, second one telephoto with 5x optical so it can kinda act like a macro camera using software optimisations, thrid a wideangle lens with OIS
    And for the camer in front single wide angle camera with software optimisation it can be adjusted to 1x view
    - 4500 mah battery
    - stero speaker and include a type c to 3.5mm convertor in the box
    - side mounted fingerprint
    - UFS 3.1
    - USB 3.0
    - LPDDR 5 ram

Outside of nord
    - Glass front , Aluminium side and sandstone back like OnePlus 2 it might not look premium but its its for customers in the long run and they might not want to pay extra for the case
    - single punch hole camera to either side
    - rear camera might retain the design of 7T because its unique
    - Amoled Display with 90Hz fluid and energy saver rather than 120Hz

Price starts from :27,999₹ for the base variant 6+128

4. U1594801806160
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

U1594801806160 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    This is my idea by keeping cost in mind.
    1. the usb cable should be dave2d teal color (as he shows us in his video which looked amazing)
    2. There should be three color options and the finish would have been matte.
    3. The oneplus nord pop up codes should be eligible to use within 30hrs/24hrs(because an incident happened with me and i was not able to use my code because i checked the email the next day as it was my dad's email and he didn't knew and the code was expired. Pretty unlucky for me.)
    4.Maybe the starting price could have been 24k.
    5. The camera used in the phone are 6 but whtat you could have done is 4 or maybe even three cameras but the quality of that could've been better. And that money could've been used in wireless charging or metal frame at the side rather than plastic

5. Giang Shuang
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Giang Shuang , Jul 30, 2020 :
    design “your own Nord”
    here is my Creative Thoughts Challenge
    thanks for your draft @oneplus.nord
    #oneplusnord #oneplusdesign #creativethoughtschallenge #smartphonedesign

Hi creators!

You guys are amazing! In the last Creative Toning Challenge, you turned 5 ordinary photos into different styles, beyond our wildest expectations! If you missed this, check here to see the awesome works. More importantly, we are glad to hear that you enjoy this type of creative challenge, and have fun during the process.

View attachment 1381062
    Created by @Advonik, who gives a wonderful big moon to Tokyo.​

As you know, we released OnePlus Nord this week, which was warmly welcomed by you. If you want to know more about it, check @Chriis D's product introduction or this AMA about Nord and Buds.

View attachment 1381076

Are you up to speed with Nord already? Now, it's time for you to create "Your Nord"!

If you were the product manager of Nord, which features would you add to this phone? How would you design its appearance?

Open your mind and share your ideas here, you can write, draw, or even make a video to state your idea! The criterion for this challenge is only creativity, release your imagination and have fun!

View attachment 1381093
    (Here is a draft for you as a starter.)​

Rules?
    • It must originate from you, DO NOT copy others' idea.
    • 10 lucky users will win a tote bag.
    • 5 winners will be selected by the OnePlus team, each winner will win a OnePlus Nord Brave bottle.
    • We'll invite Nord team to pick one from the 5 winners, who will also win a OnePlus Buds.
    • Standard Terms and Conditions apply.
    This challenge will last a week, until July 31 11:59PM EST, looking forward to "your Nord"![/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

Swatiranjan likes this.
  6. Yash_Madaan
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Yash_Madaan , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Alright @Fleming F.
    If i were the creator of nord, I'd add the following things.

1) A 3.5 mm headphone jack because not everyone would opt for wireless headsets or atleast provide a type C to 3.5 mm adapter.

2) IP rating because it's so important.

3) A metal body , since i have a OnePlus 3T and it has a metal body and nord falls in almost the same price category so I'd provide that to give the phone a cool finish.

4) I'd provide white and red color variants as well.

5)A better resolution for the macro lens and in depth sensor

6) Surround sound

7) A bit higher processor if possible, considering the price segment.

8) A dual stereo speaker

9)Ufs 3.0 since other companies in the same price segment are providing it

10) Auto focus in camera

Attached Files:

7. V1596083507102
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

8. chvanty
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

chvanty , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Great challange
    First i started with being sophisticated and finalized this 3rd finish which not an effect but actul phone finish this with its camera and layers being uneven . So that we get extra space, a design which no one have

1596086675932.jpg
    And second was just me being absolutely wild [e]1f618[/e]

PurplePulp likes this.
  9. chvanty
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

10. I1595493012687 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Ok so first i wont be able to draw the design but i will be giving some unique design and features.
    1)the plastic frame should have been metal . It wouldn't have costed a fortune. That metal frame gives the device the most premium feel and the much need structural integrity which is a deal breaker for many people. C'mon now Rs.15k devices too have that metal frame. Having plastic at 28k(all prices in this post are in INR) is just not acceptable to many people.

2) speakers- i have heard a lot of reviewers say that the speakers are bad or substandard although i have not tested them yet. I think the speakers should have been better. It is ok (although not) that you skipped the stereo speakers for cost cutting but then you should have had at least a good crisp and loud mono speaker .

3)if i would have been there i would have chosen a single hole punch camera (imx616) and three rear camera (imx686, atleast 16mp ultrawide and a telephoto lens or a good macro lens(
    Instead of wasting miney on that macro and the un needed ultrawide selfie camera i would have invested in some good quality four cameras.

4) i would have positioned the in display scanner a bit up because it is a bit low

5) i would have gone with a unique camera setupe design instead of using the realme style . That makes the phone less unique and non differentiable. I could have designed something like a square camera module or a rectangular one with mor sharper edges

6) i would have definitely got a frosted glass (if the cost would have permitted) . I just looks way better and give it a very premium feel.

7)atleast 3 color options . I would have the three color options as the blue marble , a black color and a metallic grey like thing instead of the grey onyx. Also i just felt that the teal color is a bit more brighter and i would have reduced its brightness.

8)i would have opted for a 6/128 varient instead of 6/64

9) i would not have hyped this device as much as this has been done
    That's it from my side of suggestions
    I had really wished nord had a unique desing

11. W1589115655293
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

W1589115655293 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    So my idea or suggestion is that oneplus comes with a limited edition phone🤞🏻💯[e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]

So here is the design of the limited edition phone by me.[e]1f525[/e]
    1596087233400.jpg
    Hope u'll like it.[e]263a[/e]️🤞🏻

Fleming F. likes this.
  12. W1589115655293
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

W1589115655293 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I have no issues with the features I think the features should remain the same but the only thing that should be changed is the processor which should be above Snapdragon 850.🤞🏻💯

13. M1596084978508
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

M1596084978508 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    I am a huge fan of OnePlus Brand. I have been waiting for Nord to come up to my expectation but it didn't. I'll tell you why, since in this price segment OnePlus wants youngsters to go for it. If i were the product manager keeping in mind for the youth generation these technical ideas would have popped up in my mind.

DISPLAY : 6.44 inch Fluid Amoled Display with average chin bezzels at bottom
    90Hz Refresh Rate
    Corning Gorilla Glass 5
    Since its the same as of now so i pretty much liked it.

PERFORMANCE : CPU - Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G
    OS - Oxygen OS with Android v10/v11
    GPU - Adreno 640
    RAM - 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5X
    Storage - 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0
    Battery 4300 mAh with Warp Charge 30T
    Compared with now i won't give the 64GB storage variant and ram type could have been LPDDR5X with UFS 3.0 storage and a slightly bit more battery.

CAMERA : Front Camera setup - Single Side-Punch hole 20 MP camera setup with Sony IMX616 sensor.
    Rear Camera Setup - Vertical Aligned 2 Camera Setup
    i) 48MP camera with Sony IMX616 sensor
    ii) 12MP camera with same sensor mentioned above
    I won't give 5MP and 2MP depth camera which are of no use instead of them i can make the above specified camera quality better.
    As a student i just need better performance which is given by Nord but Camera setup could have been much better.
    Just give 2 camera or 1 in case of me as i am not a photogenic person but atleast make their quality better rather than giving those 2 Depth camera which are of no use.

PORTS AND AUDIO : USB 3.1 GEN 1
    Type - C
    Dual NANO-sim card slot ( if there would be 64GB variant i would have given a SD card slot as well)
    3.5 mm Headphone jack (utmost important for younsters)
    Dual stereo speaker with noise cancellation support
    Dolby Atmos
    In Nord, Headphone jack is necessary plus speaker quality could have been much better which is not.

SENSORS : In - display fingerprint
    Ambient Light Sensor
    Proximity Sensor
    Laser Sensor
    Sensor core
    Accelerometer
    Gyroscope

Finally the price which can be 25k for the base variant which would be 6GB RAM & 128GB storage.

14. Ramaprabha
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Ramaprabha , Jul 30, 2020 :
    PicsArt_07-30-10.57.49.png

P.S. This design is inspired by the early L shaped camera prototype and the arrow symbol which points towards the nord (true north) which adds up to the nord design language.

Fleming F. and Ia_mgokul like this.
  15. Devendra_Walkoli
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

Devendra_Walkoli , Jul 30, 2020 :
    think you have big team for tech related things. Adding upgraded parts or more features is totally depend on the budget of the phone, but one thing can be modified and its Design .
    1_.jpg

I don't know anyone tried that triangle camera thing but this is just an idea for something unique.

But some suggestions - don't loose Audio jack we are not fully ready for total wireless earphones. Speakers are essencial so make them better.

16. Azhar001
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Azhar001 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hello Team,
    As a product manager you have to think like customer. And split your customers into different age group range. You are not focused only one age group. If your phone is simple looking but it provide features arrogantly with quality and good service then only. You can catch all age & taste customers. I think Nord provides all the features and looks at that price range.

But as a creative mind can we make oneplus back case logo natural glowing (not hurt eyes) at the time of call or message. So that it will increase brand value and attract more customers to show off there oneplusphones.
    And also free branding.

Thanks & Regards,
    Azhar Siddiqui

17. Adarshpanda019
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Adarshpanda019 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    If redesigning the product was a must, then I would have changed its camera module: PicsArt_07-30-10.52.54.jpg Else if the design was just fine and the modifications it needed was of the back design, then I would have actually preferred actual textures of the following designs instead of the common glossy and matte finish, to make the products stand out of the queue:
    For example, in the following designs, rather being just an art of paint, these designs should have texture of the actual items:
    PicsArt_07-30-10.29.33.jpg PicsArt_07-30-10.27.44.jpg PicsArt_07-30-10.25.58.jpg PicsArt_07-30-10.25.20.jpg PicsArt_07-30-10.20.48.jpg

Else, this could be the most appropriate design for the Nord, where the Quad cameras are stack in N-pattern and Red arrow indicates North for Nord:
    PicsArt_08-03-10.28.52.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  18. G_Shubham_dixit_PgQh
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

G_Shubham_dixit_PgQh , Jul 30, 2020 :

Here's my design simple and minimal

Attached Files:

19. G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj
    Eclair Jul 30, 2020

Stickied Post
    G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hello OnePlus
    So, here is my creative thoughts about nord
    I think the phone's specifications is good enough
    But I have a good design concept for you so here it is
    IMG_20200730_104240.jpg ki IMG_20200730_104327.jpg

IMG_20200730_105350.jpg

In the month of March I send you some emails about the design that I like for OnePlus the email address is boom@email.oneplus.com
    so, here are design of that
    1596099640721.jpg

1596099640642.jpg

1596099640763.jpg

1596099640680.jpg

1596099640584.jpg

1596102430014.jpg

1596102429802.jpg

1596102429954.jpg

1596102429886.jpg

1596102429844.jpg

1596102429704.jpg