Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

1. Vikram bhagat
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

2. Yashpatel310
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  3. G_Anirudh_Puranik_LBLP
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Stickied Post
    G_Anirudh_Puranik_LBLP , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Ok, @Fleming F. ! Here's "My Nord"! I wanted it to look truly unique and stand out from a sea of similar looking phones.
    The most unique part: The U shaped camera set up. 48 MP main camera, 16 MP ultrawide, 12 MP telephoto/depth sensor. While this camera set up lies on a glossy glass, the rest of the back is frosted. Frosted Glass like on the oneplus 8 pro. The glossy camera set up glistens through the frosted glass, a truly fun combination.
    Coming to the front, I made it an all screen display - Fluid AMOLED at 90 Hz refresh rate. I decided to go with a unique side pop up camera set up which consists of a 32 MP main + 8MP wide just like on the og OnePlus Nord. Ofcourse, there's also the on display finger print scanner. One extra thing that I would add is an IR illuminator along with the front cameras for face-unlock even in the dark.
    The specs are already awesome on the OnePlus Nord, so I found no need to change that.
    All sketches were made in Autodesk Sketchbook. oneplusnord1.jpg oneplusnord.jpg

4. S1596096973472
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

S1596096973472 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    If I would have selected as a product manager then firstly, I would have enhanced the sound clarity by adding an extra inbuilt speaker;

Secondly, added automatic camera len cover to protect it from dust & scratch as it has got multiple cameras both front n bk.

Thirdly, auto message/video deleting option & only important messages/videos can be saved after acknowledged by the user.

5. Yashpatel310
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

6. EshaanM18
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

EshaanM18 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Entry!
    1. It would be great if we can develop a technology which would allow us to add fingerprint tech to the back of the phone
    1. Why?
    • It would be easier to use a fingerprint on the back as they generally easier to get to.
    • Would be faster than in screen as it doesn't need to be under a layer of screen and can be on the back which can barely be seen because of thin layer (smaller than screen layer) of coating on top.
      • Though it would take some time to make this tech really good, but this won't need very long as we need to only update the tech we already have.
    2. Make a limited time product package
    • The customer can send pics of ideas to a designer working together with one plus and have a custom phone back color or even a case
    Why?
    • Customers always would love to have a custom phone which would be different to everyone else
    • Customer would prefer to have a design which matches their personality.
      • For example, if a person really likes green colour. The phone being sold won't have a green colour option, so having a custom phone option will allow them to have a phone with their liking.
    3. I would add a speaker behind the screen. Something like an acoustic surface audio, in addition to the speakers already present, which could help give more bass.
    Why
    • It would increase the loudness produced by the phone which a customer would love.
    • Better sound quality will be made

7. Q1596098147604
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Attached Files:

8. Q1514607596966
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  9. E1595677049734
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

E1595677049734 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    The most magnificent symbol of true north is the Aurora Borealis. Matching with the philosophy of the Nord brand, I have created this design. This design has an Aurora Green and matte glass back. Also, this phone should have a metal body (which the current Nord lacks) for the premium feel. The idea is that the design will radiate energy and positivity just like the Aurora.
    upload.jpg
    Another thing I wish was different in the Nord is the camera system. I think that instead of a macro sensor and a depth sensor, The ultrawide sensor should've been better. The macro and depth sensors are kind of useless and hinder the beauty otherwise rightly made choices.

The last thing is that I would've added expandable storage to the phone. The factor which makes the Nord a better choice over say the iPhone SE is the fact that it offers the user more freedom. The freedom of storing stuff without bothering about space comes with expandable storage.

Otherwise, the Nord is a very beautiful phone with smart choices made. I would keep the other specs as they are.

10. ARUN RANGALA
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

ARUN RANGALA , Jul 30, 2020 :
    These are 3d renders I made, probably this colors also looks good and a special edition NORD ARROW with gradient color also made, hope all loves it......................soon will be realising 360 render....... nord renders.jpg

Hope L., Cakepips and Fleming F. like this.
  11. M1551015055669
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

M1551015055669 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Hello, i create red edition oneplus nord

if I were a developer, I would put this parts on the phone

6.68 inches screen with 3168 x 1440 pixels 513ppi 144hz fluid amoled display with in screen fingerprint sensor

snapdragon 865 CPU

Battery size atleast 5000mAh

Warp Charge 30T fast charging and 30w wireless charging

cameras, rear main camera 48mp sony imx689, telephoto 8mp, ultra wide angle lens 48mp
    and front camera would be sony 48mp lens

Face Unlock, HDR, Screen Flash, Face Retouching

4G is enought for network

3.5mm HEDPHONE JACK

those part i would chainge in oneplus nord, then it would be the killer phone in 2020

Attached Files:

12. R1595509687221
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

R1595509687221 , Jul 30, 2020 :

13. ARUN RANGALA
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

14. DhruvilOP
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

DhruvilOP , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Cool! On it @Fleming F.
    If I were the product manager of Nord...
    I would...(changes based on the current/original Nord)
    1(+). Remove the macro lens, the macro mode should should work just fine.
    2. Add a metal frame for a more premium feel.
    3. Reduce the battery size to a smaller battery( around 3750mAh), with 30T fast charging.
    4. Add a headphone jack, as the people who would buy a higher mid-range budget phone may not already have true wireless earphones.
    5. Have a maximum record quality of 1440p for front camera with 60FPS.
    5. Have 4K 60FPS available for the rear camera.
    6. Keep UFS 2.1, but replace USB 2.0 with a USB 3.0.
    7. Stereo speakers aren't as necessary now that it has a headphone jack, but they're good to have. oneplusnord.jpg

15. Azeemu Zaman
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Azeemu Zaman , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Okay @Fleming F. ! On it.
    I LOVE the current OnePlusNord design , it's classic! But OnePlus gives us a challenge of creative thoughts so I giving it a shot!
    If i were product manager of Nord. I would have brought signature color of one plus Red to its design than the color Teal.
    Display
    The display size of Nord is big. I would have suggested it to one hand-friendly making one hand enough to cover the whole phone. So i would reduced the phone size from 6.4 to 5.8 - 6.0 .
    Body Design
    [​IMG]

I would have brought buttons to one side. Making it one-hand friendly. Volume and Power button and additionally bring a new feature to make Silent , the sound of ringtone and notification -Silent Button
    Change the pattern of Camera. From long straight to a box. Like shown in the image. Above.
    And create a back design with low opacity with the colour of the phone. designs of like doodles, mandala designs or anything which makes it as a aesthetic. Or this back design idea can be brought to special editon of Nord or any one plus phones.
    In the box
    Providing with matching cables. For teal color Nord providing them with teal colour cable. And earphones.
    Hard Tempered Glass for the screen Protector.

Attached Files:

16. HASHTAGKEM
    Froyo Jul 30, 2020

17. doom1
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

doom1 , Jul 30, 2020 :
    If i design oneplus nord i would go for lot of changes
    1. I would go for UFS 3.0 and USB 3.1 which could look good on paper
    2. I would go for Metallic back insted of glass and plastic sandwitch
    3. I would go for stereo speakers insted of single speaker
    4. I would go for Rectangular cutout for cameras with duel cameras and
    Main camera as it is with AI based potrait mode and Wide angle secondary camera thats it no need for depth and macro cameras which is waste of money
    5. I will shift Fingerprint scanner bit upper so it is easy to access.
    6. The black vaient looks boring in photos. i would go for light colours like light pastal purple or light orange etc
    front .png back.png

18. R1596109433836
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2020

Attached Files:

19. B2P
    Donut Jul 30, 2020

B2P , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 30, 2020 :
    1596111579941.jpg
    I love the original rough Sandstone finish in the OnePlus One. Although I'd love to see that finish make a comeback, this is my design in Granite Finish and a changed camera setup.
    NORD written in the middle just above the 1+ logo.

G1596023207846 and Fleming F. like this.