Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

1. sreevnit
    Froyo Jul 31, 2020

sreevnit , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 31, 2020 :
    screen - 5 - 5''
    display - fluid amoled(98% body ratio) curved, i mean full screen hdr 10+ 120hz refresh rate
    camera rear(2+1)48mp wide 4k@60
    front pop-up 16mp
    processor - latest 5g support
    sound - firing speakers
    battery - 3500maH
    headphone jack no

well i just try to sell 7pro specs with smaller screen no notch
    i mean nord mini (7pro mini)

2. Kuldeepwagh , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2020 :
    OnePlus Nord Camera: Speaking about the camera, OnePlus Nord comes with a quad-camera setup that includes a 48 MP Sony IMX586 primary camera, an 12 MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 8 MP depth shooter, and a 8 MP macro lens. On the front, the phone will feature a dual punch hole camera set up that will include a 32 MP main sensor and an 8 MP ultra-wide.

OnePlus Nord Design and Specifications: OnePlus Nord will have a poly carbonate back along with a vertically aligned quad-camera setup that will be on its top right corner. While the alert slider is shifted to the right edge just above the power button. The weight of the phone is expected to be around 185 grams.

The new entrant is expected to run Android 10 with OxygenOS on top. It will have a 6.5-inch Full-HD+ AMOLED touchscreen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. Also, there is a confirmation from the brand that OnePlus Nord is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, coupled with up to 12GB of RAM.

1596205082040.jpg

1596205081971.jpg

1596205081866.jpg

OnePlus Nord Battery and Color Options: OnePlus Nord is expected to house a 4500 mAh battery supporting 30W Warp Charge fast charging. Moreover, the smartphone will be available in one color poly carbonate black

OnePlus Nord Storage Options: OnePlus Nord is expected to be available by the brand in three different storage variants with UFS3.1 and LPDDR5X Ram - 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage, 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage, and 12GB RAM + 256GB internal storage. All these three variants will be available at different prices.

3. bivraj
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

4. ParthNeve , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F. If I were the Product Manager of OnePlus Nord, I would may have my Nord like this

1596206191993.jpg
    Front Look

1596206330132.jpg
    Back Look

1596206344473.jpg
    Side Looks

1596206360895.jpg
    Top and Bottom Looks

1596206383371.jpg
    Front Cameras

1596206392411.jpg
    Rear Cameras

*Specifications*

• 6.8 Inch sAMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection and 144Hz Refresh Rate

• Qualcomm Snapdragon 865G Processor

• OxygenOS with Android 10

• Dedicated SD Card Slot with 2 5G Sim Slots

• 6000mAh Battery with 65 Watt Dart Charge

• Gold Bronze Colour Variant

• Two Speaker Grills

• Alert Slider

• Side Mounted Fingerprint Sensor and Face Unlock

• USB Type C

• Noise Cancellation Mic and IR Blaster

• Dual Popup Selfie Camera : 42MP + 12MP

• Quad Rear Cameras : 64MP + 16MP + 8MP + 5MP

• Bluetooth 5.1

• Slightly Curved Display

• 8GB RAM and 12GB RAM

• 256GB Storage and 512GB Storage

• Priced at "as OnePlus Team Decides"

Sorry if I missed something!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  5. libyliby
    Donut Jul 31, 2020

libyliby , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F.
    it's really hard to say which features would I add to this phone because this device is truly pretty much everything I could ask for. I can't wait until I can order mine along with that cool teardown case.

For the Nord to be the ultimately perfect phone there are a few things I personally would change:

Most importantly, I would prefer Oxygen phone and messages apps because they are more AMOLED friendly than Google's (it would be great if they were downloadable in Play store).
    I would get rid of the depth sensor and macro lens and would equip it with a better ultrawide camera.
    Also, wireless charging would be nice.
    Maybe a metal frame.

But the price probably would not be 409€, so I'm okay with it.

And here's my contribution to the design challenge. How come this phone is called Nord, has this cool teal color and no one came up with northern lights skin or case? Below is my draft (northern lights image is not mine, just downloaded it from google). I am not great with editing apps so the concept is pretty basic, but you get the idea. It would be cool to create some skin or case with teal northern lights (maybe without the mountain). Even more interesting would be to implement that kind of effect into the glass back itself, similar to intergalactic glow on the 8 (maybe for some limited edition of the device).

[​IMG]

I am looking forward to unboxing my Nord. I pity that I haven't pre-ordered it (I really wanted to but I don't have good experience with pre-ordering things, that's why I backed off).

I would like to thank you and the OnePlus team for the great work you've done and I wish you nothing but success in the future.

6. NasirKazi7
    Donut Jul 31, 2020

NasirKazi7 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. Thanks alot for the creative thought challenge.
    Although OnePlus Nord is an excellent phone of mid range, but still some features could be added. If I were a Product Manager, I would add some features which are-
    1. I would launch two more colors- Golden/Silver and Red.
    2. 8 megapixel telephoto instead of macro camera would be great deal.
    3. 12 or 16 megapixel ultra wide camera.
    other features are great so no change needed in this price.

The design of OnePlus Nord is great, But I imagined one more design and created that design, i am attaching that picture

OP Back.jpg
    Thank You

7. G_Harshit_Raj_sharma_ACj , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Hey you stole my design , that's unfair

8. U1546673113854
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

U1546673113854 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 31, 2020 :
    If I were a Product Manager ,I would a quality product within this midrange price segment.This oneplus Nord comes with a new "Velvet green "finish

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Key specs:
    Display: 6.44" (1080×2400)
    Super fluid amoled display with 90Hz of refresh rate
    PROCESSOR:
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G chipset
    Adreno 620
    Ufs 2.1

Camera:
    Quad camera setup
    REAR
    Main sensor :48Mp Sony IMX586 f/1.7
    Secondary sensor: 8Mp wide lens f/2.2
    Third sensor: 5Mp macro lens f/2.4
    Tertiary sensor: 8mp telephoto lens
    FRONT
    Dual front camera setup
    Primary sensor:32Mp Sony ImX 616 sensor f/2.2
    Secondary sensor: 8Mp wide lens Upto 110°wide f/2.4
    For wideeeer selfies

BATTERY
    Powered with 4115mAh Li-Po
    Comes with a fast charging support
    With Warp charger 30T
    Comes with efficient Oxygen Os
    comes with liquid cooling setup for efficient gaming performance

Storage:
    3 varients:
    6gb ram 128gb rom - INR 25999/-

8gb ram 128gb rom -INR 27999/-

10gb ram 128gb rom -INR 29999/-

3.5mm jack - supported
    Stereo speakers- supported

Drive link of 3D visual of my Mobile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_mCQQnA2mARPJrMHay0rjp0IJ8fcpBci/view?usp=drivesdk

1596215516395.jpg

1596215516472.jpg

1596215516544.jpg

1596215516620.jpg

1596215516703.jpg

Fleming F. and akash bj like this.
  9. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 31, 2020

yashwant24 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 31, 2020 :

Here are some more designs that striked out.

1) Elliptical Camera Setup
    1596217204327.jpg
    This Re-designed Nord is same in all specifications but has an Elliptical camera Bump.
    Always wondered why there is an Elliptical Camera Bump in any smartphones.
    If there is one, I would love to know.

2) Oneplus Special Edition

1596217348930.jpg
    This is a Oneplus special edition "OnePlus Nord", The "PLUS" symbol is taken from OnePlus Symbol and the cameras are placed on the "PLUS" symbol.
    This Re-designed Nord has same specifications as the original OnePlus Nord.

3) Front side of Nord.

1596217556556.jpg

This front version is same as the Original OnePlus Nord.
    Above mentioned all designs have same specifications as the Original OnePlus Nord.

"UNBOXING"
    Many of us capture our smartphone devices unboxing video because it's very special and most of us enjoy it so much.
    As one of our community friends said in this thread, presentation is so much important for a device.
    So I have come up with a different kind of presentation for the OnePlus Nord.

1596217764847.jpg
    This is the box when it is closed.
    You have seen this symbol already, yes it is the symbol from OnePlus logo and common Plus symbol.
    Using this presentation we can reduce the height of the box by nearly 1/3 rd.
    Next comes how the device and other things are arranged in the box.

1596217914214.jpg
    Yes, this how everything inside the box will be arranged.
    As phone is the longest one , it takes more space.
    Below the smartphone the stickers are arranged.
    The other two sides are presented with the Warp Charger and the classic "Red Cable".
    The silicon case will be placed above the smartphone.

To unbox this , the cardboard is pulled sideways or it can also be done in classic way of taking it from the top.

I hope everyone likes my designs.
    Thanks
    -Yashwant.

Fleming F. likes this.
  10. sergiocglez
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

Attached Files:

11. StateOfMondo
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

Stickied Post
    StateOfMondo , Jul 31, 2020 :
    After the partnership with McLaren why not a partnership with NASA?
    Here my vision of Oneplus nord 2.0 NASA special edition.
    I leave the images to speak themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. prankur_verma , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Firstly, it takes a lot to be a product manager. But, since you folks are giving me this opportunity, I think I'd love if Nord looks someway like this (as shown below) in appearance. I'm also highlighting some cools features like 1. front firing stereo loud speakers (a MUST)
    2. A plus shaped camera setup (with all cameras in house)
    3. Marble Blue back is fabulous, so I'd keep that as it is (but maybe if that could be forged glass like the OnePlus 7 pro then I'd be more than awesome)
    4. AMOLED bezel less display with 90Hz refresh is just perfect.
    5. I've seen a bunch of comparisons for processor performance, so Snapdragon 765G would be fine to keep up the budget.
    6. Wireless charging must have been there for sure.

So, let's see how will the Nord look with the mentioned feature discription:

1596228933642.jpg
    Also, the dimensions and scale is perfectly aligned with the current OP Nord[e]1f61c[/e]

13. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jul 31, 2020

14. Navdeep_Malik
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2020

Navdeep_Malik , Jul 31, 2020 :
    @Fleming F. Thanks for the the opportunity and such a good contest!
    so what will be my NORD if i were a creative head.... i surely have lots of things and specification and a simple yet onepusistic design language i think my nord would have...

So lets have a look! shall we...:rolleyes:

Here is the design ...it might looks simple as i dont have access to the tools required to make it life like(3D)YET! but have faith and lemme take you on the tour...:)

DDDE.gif
    So the CAMERA which is a QUAD Camera set up lies over a glossy gorilla glass 5 back body having the Dimensions of 165x75x8mm Which is SUBLIMINALLY arranged in 'N'ords N character as if letter N was rotated sideways! with
    • 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72", 0.8µm, PDAF primary sensor
    • 16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 116˚ (ultrawide)
    • 5 MP, f/2.0, (macro)
    • 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
    with dual led flash and EIS Implemented obviously and front camera as implemented in present Oneplus Nord..i pretty much like that tbh! Imagine the camera setup on an onyx black glass back ! looks sweet isnt it!:p on the bottom half you can always see the proud ONEPLUS NORD running boldly on the glass back! and the antenna lines running horizontally on the back cover....it looks good come on now!

Now this is something i want in my nord...when coming to the side part...not the alert slider one...other one...there is a
    Power button with NOTIFICATION LIGHT running around it! so that we would know if had a notification plus it looks cool ...in a dark room!:D

On the bottom there is a 3.5 mm headphone jack , usb type c charging port and sim tray! so where are the speakers!!:eek: well thy have been on the front panel..dual front firing stereo ! One on THE VERY BOTTOM EDGE and one running along just under the earpiece !

And obviously the Nord has the waterfall display!

And yes i would really like those Pressure sensor on the both vertical parallel edges... which are obviously customizable to my needs...from opening an app to flashlight!

now the basic other specs are as follows!

RAM and STORAGE:

128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM

PROCESSOR:

Obviously
    snapdragon 765G as mediatek is just not good with updates!

SOUND:

Now speakers are important too..so
    Yes, with
    DTS:X stereo speakers and dedicated amplifiers

DISPLAY:
    6.5 IN, 90Hz refresh rate
    HDR10+ waterfall display

COMMS.

Bluetooth... 5.1
    SBC , LDAC ,A2DP, aptX HD, aptX !
    WIFI.....Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot

Battery....
    Non-removable
    Li-Po 4700 mAh battery with 65 watt fast charging !supppeerrr waarrrrppp

COLORS

Onyx Black, Icy silver!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

Fleming F. likes this.
  15. bindu_verma
    Eclair Jul 31, 2020

bindu_verma , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Great design thoughts [e]1f44d[/e]

prankur_verma likes this.
  16. prankur_verma , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Thanks.

I forget to mention that design, sketch, idea...etc is not copied from anywhere.. everything is out from my creative brain. So, please consider this post for final selection and prize😅.
    Finally, I utilized my weekend to do something out of the box(without procrastination).

*Thanks to community members for bringing these creative tasks for us.*🙃

bindu_verma likes this.
  17. Z1544536778905
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

18. Sambhuti
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

Sambhuti , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I have not used the Nord yet. So from specs and reviews available in the web I have got the overall idea of Nord. Based on those incomplete idea, I am going to reconsider the design criteria.

So I am considering a few things.

Note:

1. We want to give premium experience in a budget friendly device

2. We have have to design the product balancing between the quality, price and development time.

3. It must not clash with other products of our own product line

4. The major customers will be from India and Europe

So considering the needs of Indian and European customers who have been using mid-range phones or upgrading to a mid-range phone, a few design aspects can be reconsidered:

Critical:

1. Memory/ Storage options: “Dedicated memory card slot” OR at least “6/128 instead of 6/64”.

2. Instead of a 4 camera setup, a better 3 camera setup can be used excluding the poor macro camera.

3. 3.5 mm jack OR at least “USB C to 3.5 mm converter out of the box”

Moderate:

4. Metal frame (with frosted back glass)

5. May be one or two extra hours of screen on time

6. Adding another color option, like Green, Blue.

7. Always on display (OR maybe Notification LED ??)

Fantasy: (Compromising the Note 2 and Note 3)

7. 855+ instead 765G. Even with poor optimization it will be considered heaven.

8. 4 camera setup with semi optimized IMX686 instead of full optimized IMX586. The name “IMX686” may be enough I believe (Ha ha).

9. Maybe 5000- 6000mAh battery AND 65W fast charging. We need it.

10. 120Hz Screen refresh rate

In pic I have added a few back designs. Nord_concept.png

19. TheGadgetGirl
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Aug 1, 2020

TheGadgetGirl , Aug 1, 2020 :
    Honestly I didn't even look at yours