Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

2. smkhalid , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 24, 2020 :
    If am the product manager for Nord.

1. I would definitely try to develop Nord based on Aluminium frame to give it a premium and smooth feel.

2. Nord is definitely a youth centric phone therefore it should have one of the best gaming performance for that I would try to develop Nord with LPDDR5 with UFS 3.1. at the same time for cost cutting I will like to reduce the RAM from 12 to 10 GB.

3. Music for watching videos or playing games plays very essential role so I would like to give Nord dual speaker.

With all these features in Nord i would like it to make a trend setter with the motto NEVER SETTLE.

Cakepips likes this.
  3. Ars2803
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

Ars2803 , via OnePlus 5 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F. Thanks for this creative contest
    Here's what I would like if I was the project manager of My Nord

Description about the design
    A lighter shade of sky blue with golden lines just giving it the marble blue look with a Glass Finish on the back which makes it looks elegant with the OnePlus logos without which a OnePlus device is just incomplete ..

I imagined this back as a glass finish back looks elegant and looks luxurious when in your hand.

For My Nord I'll call it the Light Blue marble OnePlus Nord

(PS Not a great editor for that matter but the design has turned out fine enough I guess)

2nd Entry

A dark red glossy finish back giving the elegant look to the Flagship OnePlus Nord

1595607184023.jpg 1596028364258.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

4. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

5. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2020

6. krsna_cham
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

krsna_cham , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Oh i thou about the same for 'features' and i ve asked too in AMA OnePlus Nord x OnePlus Buds thread about the cable charging cable ..it would be really cool match Blue Marble.

Girish.Pranav likes this.
  7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 24, 2020

Batman360 likes this.
  8. himanshumaurya , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I think that there should be an option for customised back. We all are unique [e]1f60a[/e] and have different tastes so a customised back is a must. If not possible we can give a large variety for how does the back of the phone looks. (Hints(based upon my taste): We can have the option for a OnePlus symbol with OnePlus written below it in the regional languages like Hindi, Bengali or Tamil etc. that customer wants)

Cakepips and SeanPlus like this.
  9. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Yeah even I asked that in The AMA Too! It would be amazing if they did that

10. NiyasAhamed
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

11. Q1589375906285
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

12. Olicyus
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

Olicyus , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I would like to see a version where the camera was rotated.
    I think this way the phone would lay more stable on a desk.
    Of course a stereo speaker would be preferred instead of a mono speaker.
    I really liked the Oneplus 6t Thunder Purple. I would change the color, but that kind of back is one I prefer.

I have made some color designs and it shows what I meant about the camera.

nord 3.png nord 2.png nord 1.png

Rinshupk and Cakepips like this.
  13. sfomin
    Nougat Jul 24, 2020

Shubham_Ag. and Bouncer71 like this.
  14. Rajnish_Dhull
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2020

15. manojsurya99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2020

manojsurya99 , Jul 24, 2020 :
    For being creative, I don't think I have to be a Product Manager..
    For yes, in terms of Nord, to fit into the design and cost, definitely a Product Manager is needed..
    To start off (Only assuming Indian Market):
    Any mid range segment mobile is purchased in India most likely by people of that segment who doesn't want cheaper devices but don't have the affordability or the luxury of owning a premium/flagship device. Meaning basically they want every accessory to be included within the product shipped to them as well as having a premier look and feel. My choice to include will be:
    1. A 3.5 mm jack (If earphones are not included with the handset, earpieces can be purchased for a lower cost while type c will be costlier to purchase. At least type c to 3.5 mm converter should be provided as an accessory in the box).
    2. To have the premium look, I would definitely include aluminium frame, UFS 3.0, stereo speakers.
    3. Someone looking for a mid range segment mobile will definitely not look at 6 cameras in total. I would remove the wide angle lens from the front side and a depth sensor from the rear side.
    4. A 12 GB RAM coupled with Snapdragon 765G? At least more than 50% of devices will go the lower variant to mid variants even in the flagship category and maximum of them are satisfied with the performance of the device even after 1-2 years of usage. So my device would have utmost 8 GB RAM only.
    5. I would like to ship the device with at least one premium case, one premium screen guard/tampered glass.
    6. Not sure of how much difference the battery can make in terms of cost but with a warp charger of 30W, I believe even a 3500-3700 mAh battery is also fine with a mid range segment device.
    7. I could see a lot of cost in put in Marketing. If atleast 8-10% of marketing costs are invested in product design, the cost of the device could have come down by at least 4-5%.

16. Briana Sophie
    Eclair Jul 24, 2020

Briana Sophie , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Can't draw, but wouldve made the rear quad cameras to be designed in a away that depicts "The North" like a compass N or pointing upwards.

Then this isn't quite original but I expected some inspiration from the Concept one phone showcased earlier this year. Would've been a great marketing point to show how fluid and fast OnePlus is as a company (I know we're already the fastest) but just for the flex😂
    Forexample the McLaren inspired Papaya Orange stitched leather would've great been for an exclusive phone case
    PVD-treated aluminum finishes at the back to make it look shiny and gold.

17. Daniel Zavadil
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

Daniel Zavadil , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I am a fan of dark blue and dark red colours and I think it would fit OnePlus smartphones especially whenever I see a OnePlus red retail box although it's light red. And in combination with the red cable I can only imagine how stylish it would look also with the combination of the custom clock with the first number coloured red. I appreciate smartphones also for their details and their stylistic choices. And I think a somewhat similiar combo like mine would catch others eyes.

Made in GIMP.

[​IMG]

HASHTAGKEM and Cakepips like this.
  18. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jul 24, 2020

Bouncer71 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I'd change the camera setup almost all over...

Get rid of the dual selfi cam and reinstall the pop-up..

Keep the 48 MP...
    Bump Ultrawide to 16MP
    Exchange the 2 MP macro with an 12MP 3 times zoom...
    Exchange the 5MP depth with 12MP Infrared and create more filter looks for it...

That's what I would do.. ;)

19. HASHTAGKEM
    Froyo Jul 24, 2020

Stickied Post
    HASHTAGKEM , Jul 24, 2020 :
    Hello, I am the Product manager of Nord,
    This is the new OnePlus 1+ NORD

MY CAMERA SETUP
    My NORD will have three rear cameras (48MP Main camera, 16MP Wide camera & 12MP 5x Super Macro camera), dual bright flash below the cameras, Dedicated depth sensor,
    Front facing popup camera (32MP).

THE AESTHETIC OF THE PHONE
    OnePlus logo faded in the center of the back of the phone, rear camera setup and back of front facing pop up camera. OnePlus logo at the bottom with a custom area for users with invitations from OnePlus to add their own custom name.
    OnePlus theme color (Red) buttons at the side of phone for volume, power and alert slider and finally

absolutely no bezel (Full HD 1440×2560 pixels screen).

MY OVERALL SPECS ADDITION
    IP68, more custom options (themes), always on display, 2K video at 60 fps stabilization main camera, option to enable USB file transfer as default when I plug it to a computer and lastly expandable storage.
    @Fleming F. @Andy Liu.
    nord.png nord SPECS.png nord STORAGE.png nord side.png
    made in Photoshop

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020