Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

1. rohitmarines
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2020

2. PuRnImA72 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 25, 2020 :
    1596206774896.jpg

Here's my idea
    If I was the product manager of OnePlus, I would make the OnePlus Nord not as a budget-friendly device, but a device which is top-notch and comes in the premium smartphone range instead of a budget-friendly range. It would be a device for which millions of smartphone fans will drool. It will have the performance of a gaming phone, camera quality which is out of the world, speaker quality that will confuse the audiophiles. Here are some of the specs (which may be out of the world, but still....) -

1.) Camera -

· The OnePlus Nord will have an Oreo camera setup identical to the OnePlus 7T , but it will have 4 cameras in a circular orientation with a flash in the centre.

· Primary Camera- It will be a whopping 108mp camera for capturing every tiny detail in the photos and it will have flagship Exmor-RS CMOS Sensor for reproducing every colour and capturing the maximum light and contrast.

· Ultra Wide Angle Lens- It will have a field of vision as large as 135 degrees.

· Macro Lens- The macro lens will be 8mp with fish-eye distortion reduction.

· Telephoto Lens- The telephoto lens will be 16mp with f/2.8 aperture for stunning portraits.

· Flash- The flash will be dual Skin Tone flash with an option to customise the brightness and an option to turn the Skin Tone on or off.

2.) Speakers -

· The speakers on the OnePlus Nord will focus on quality. They will be full range surround sound speakers with support for Dolby Atmos surround.

· The backplate covering the speakers will be made of thin aluminium casing and fine leather with Dolby Audio engraved on it for pleasuring the gamers and audiophiles alike.

3.) OnePlus Logo-

· The OnePlus logo will be matte black when the phone is on battery power, but when the phone is charging, it will glow in bright Cyan colour.

4.) OnePlus Nord Logo-

· The nord logo will be silver, signifying the premium feel of the smartphone. Unlike the OnePlus logo, it will not glow when the phone is charging.

5.) Antenna Lines-

· The antenna lines will distinguish themselves from the rest of the body by being glossy and reflective. Along with the logo, this will also glow in Cyan colour while charging.

6.) Back of the Nord-

· The back of the OnePlus Nord will have fluid paint design depicting the energy flow within the belly of the beast.

· It will be covered by Corning Gorilla glass which is glossy and will give the phone a premium feel.

7.) Display-

· The display of the Nord will be first of its kind, having a 6.8 inch 144Hz screen with 4K Ultra HD Super AMOLED display, having Dolby Vision and 3840 X 2160 resolution.

· The phone will have Gorilla Glass 6 which is the best in class glass display for phones.

· The display will be powered by Adreno 650 GPU.

8.) Processor-

· The processor will be Snapdragon 865+

Specs- CPU Clock Speed: Up to 3.1 GHz

CPU Cores:  Qualcomm[e]00ae[/e] Kryo[e]2122[/e] 585 CPU

CPU Architecture: 64-bit

Process Technology: 7 nm

· The phone will be liquid-cooled and will have a 4mm inbuilt cooling fan for the performance and keeping the beast cool.

9.) UI-

· Oxygen OS is the best!

10.) Ports-

· USB C type port

· 3.5mm Audio Jack

· Mini HDMI port at the bottom right side

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

3. Helder_DAlmeida
    Lollipop Jul 25, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida , Jul 25, 2020 :
    Nice work my friend! 👍

buntycubal, Swatiranjan and Dresa91 like this.
  4. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2020

5. malidan
    Nougat Jul 25, 2020

malidan , Jul 25, 2020 :
    BBK? They don't design phones.
    Use Googles search function and see who and what BBK is and represents. 🙄

6. J4t1np4r3kh
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2020

7. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  8. G_boss_._footballer_oZwT , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 26, 2020 :
    1st pop up camera is better
    2 our one plus os is still not that good
    3- we need gcam pre installed which work perfectly
    4 we need pixel android extra thing looks good but it increases bugs too and no buddy like buggs
    5- phone will be insane if you create a phone of size I phone se-2 with boxy dezine and infinity screen with stock android under 30k rsthe whole world want this things but no body do it is it impossible or?
    6- google assistant doesn't work as up to the mark many time it says it is not possible
    7- is creative we need a wired earbuds or wireless you can give with box with little higher in price or if any one don't want to buy it then with out it cheaper it. Would be great deal
    8- try to make dezine from nexus series that. Design was insane and all company forgot it
    9- you should try to add or ask to add 45 fps in fortnite and make fortnite more smooth
    10- apps update come to frequently and nothing changes if you can do make that updates comes lately but when comes it really do something
    11 - 1+7t video quality isn't that good and it's too big but in iOS it was not that big so do something for thattry dicrease size of that
    12- you can to this to improve sale like add 500 rs price and give many things in box like Netflix for 3 month with some very needy apps for free for some time and it will be cheap for you if talk to Netflix but it will be great for us we will be more concerned about oneplus
    And headphone jack is so important thing now I miss that tooo much becz wireless earbuds are too expensive

9. sajivraj555
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

sajivraj555 , Jul 26, 2020 :
    If I were the OnePlus Nord Product Manager, I would have made the below changes....

1: Macro and Depth Camera
    I would remove the Macro and Depth camera. There will only be 2 cameras at the back. One is the same 48,MP main sensor with OIS, the Other will be a Ultra wide(13 or 16 Mp) with a higher resolution. And the highlight would be the ability of the ultrawide camera to take Macro shots. As in 7t. It's about quality not quantity.

2: Dual Front Cam.
    I do not want to have the dual Punch hole camera. I would be happy with only one wide angle front camera, and would remove the ultra wide camera. The advantages are - A better viewing experience. Dual Punch holes not at all provides a pleasant viewing experience..because it is blocking more content on the display. It would be more visible/evident/obstructing while browsing or using social media.
    I would have chosen a Single punch hole as matching with OP8 models or a notch as in OP7T.

2: Plastic Frame and glass Back
    I would have definitely chosen a metal frame over the plastic. Even cheaper phones costs less than 20k has a metallic frame in 2020. Also some cost can be saved if not using a Gorilla Glass back.. Any day, I would go with a metal frame and a Plastic/polycarbonate back. Back would Preferebaly be of "Sandstone" finish, which would remind everyone of the first gen OnePlus phones.

3: Headphone Jack.
    I would never omit the headphone jack in this price segment for wat ever reason it would be... Even if it reduces the Baterry capacity to 4000mah. This segment really needs the headphone jack.

4: Camera placement : The rear camera placement would be something matching with OnePlus 6/6T/7 series.

6: Memory Variants and Pricing: ( Not sure if Product Manager can decide on pricing.)
    I would NEVER ever release a 64 GB variant in 2020. The base variant would be 6-128 variant with pricing 24999.
    8-128----26999
    8-256 -28999

10. Elizabeth Husman
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

Elizabeth Husman , Jul 26, 2020 :
    I've got a few ideas:

1) The finger print scanner.

Normally the in display finger print scanner is placed to the lower portion of the screen. And it gets quite uncomfortable when you have to slide your finger down to just touch that specific spot. So why not make it "position-less"? For eg: touch anywhere on the screen and your phone unlocks.
    The entire screen would be able to detect your finger print as soon as you touch it. And it'd be so cool with an LED light effect at the edges of the screen once your finger print is recognised.
    [The side finger print mount has already been attempted so it wouldn't be good if OnePlus repeats it, cause OnePlus NEVER SETTLES for something that someone else came up with lol.]

2) Weight of the phone

I've found that no matter how matte or comfortable the phone is to hold, it doesn't matter as long as it's heavy. Even the most uncomfortable phone would feel comfortable if it's light. So definitely I'd keep the heaviness at bay.

3) The appearance

Minimalism is the best choice for me when it comes to phones. A huge phone with an even bigger camera and lots of bling and Zebra patterns is a deal breaker for me. The punch hole cam idea would be great and I'd like to keep the phone size a "pocketable" (u know the fit in your pocket kind) range. [The phones are becoming so big these days.

That's pretty much it for now. If I get more I'll update. And please don't copy or plagiarise my ideas. Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020

Fleming F. and buntycubal like this.
  11. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2020

12. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 26, 2020 :
    it's a parent of a parent. Why does an oppo or a realme or a vivo look the same them? You think it's specifically designed

13. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Realme Is OPPO and the phones in general look the same because they share the designs and material to cut on costs.
    The is out there that OPPP's and OP's R&D teams are merging, now isn't that a surprise. 😂😂😂

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  14. nerdkabir
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2020

nerdkabir , Jul 26, 2020 :
    Reserving my Spot for now, will post my entry soon :)

15. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2020

Yes exactly so how can claim designed when base design done already

16. malidan
    Nougat Jul 26, 2020

malidan , Jul 26, 2020 :
    You what? 😂
    Show me a OP device that wasn't based on an existing OPPO design, where have you been hiding?

17. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2020

That's what I'm saying maybe misunderstanding.

18. BBharat654
    Eclair Jul 26, 2020

BBharat654 , Jul 26, 2020 :
    1595802296474.jpg

1595765415849.jpg

1595765415901.jpg

1595832808823.jpg

For now, these is it. We can call it as OnePlus-V, if u reverse the cam position up n down with horizontal Dual flash then we can call it as OnePlus-A.

#charger horizontal size not properly fitting, we are putting at cross holes of the power socket or it forcing us to add an adapter to the charger. so horizontal two pins with vertical body prefered..

but this time also india getting same old shaped charger, where as many other regions getting like what i said. it felt me felt sad.

Nxt model with all four sides and corners with metal flat frame Like word "G" could become great gaming experience to handle it, as per picture uploaded so called OnePlus-G.

please kindly give me feedback.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020

19. strafer
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2020

buntycubal and Dresa91 like this.
  20. 8460543944 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 26, 2020 :
    If I were a creative manager, I would have thought of such design which will be a modular one in hardware and can be updated with time similsr to as software. If I were to update from SD765G to to higher end varient, with modular design I can. Similar with other hardwares such as camera, ram, storage, etc. This needs a deeper R&D and more time, but as One Plus tagline is Never Settle, I am expecting such a design in near future...