Creative Thoughts Challenge: If I were the product manager of Nord ...

1. palc001
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2020

palc001 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Nice illustration! I think you got your battery amount wrong in the post, you might wanna edit that..

yashwant24 likes this.
  2. yashwant24
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 28, 2020

yashwant24 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Thanks brother, Did more tweaks.
    Please check it out

3. G Jaswanth sai
    Donut Jul 28, 2020

Stickied Post
    G Jaswanth sai , Jul 28, 2020 :
    1595961921669.jpg
    *if I were the manager of Nord.

*here is the launch event[e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e][e]1f618[/e]

1596300980811.jpg

*as usual @Carl will be my partner🤗

1595962004311.jpg
    *my box will be changed from red to blue [e]1f499[/e]

*my specs will be pity much the same. except the processor
    and price range is
    1596429941818.jpg

*24,999 - 6gb ram/ 64 GB storage
    *26,999- 8gb ram/ 128 GB storage
    *29,999- 12gb ram/256 GB storage

*but my available variants and design are changed.
    [e]1f609[/e]

1595962216808.jpg
    *it will have iconic live wallpapers and as many phones will have different gradients and colours.

*my Nord will also have the eye popping 🤪 shades.

1) Nord blue[e]1f499[/e]
    2) Nord green[e]1f49a[/e]
    3) Nord orange🧡

*i will aslo have the " vertical camera" setup in the middle because i have seen many people liking it.[e]1f44d[/e]

*Nord must also provide" rubber cases "along with the hard cases and i will introduce plain cases with colours blue marble ,silicone red and sandstone black

*because people love blue marble😋

* i finally understood why they have not changed the red cable to blue cable because of "RED CABLE CLUB"

*I also introduce some features to make it a powerful phone for playing games

a) adding cooling mechanism( very important)
    b) haptic motors while playing games
    c) Special Battery saving mechanism for games to reduce battery drain
    and i will introduce it is a gaming friendly one.
    *Because in many countries it is important for a mid range phone to be gaming friendly.

* Did a lot of work [e]1f477[/e]‍♂️, any suggestion will be appreciated[e]1f60a[/e].

* thanks in advance [e]1f64f[/e]

with lots of love to OnePlus🤗

#NEW BEGINNINGS[e]1f499[/e]

@Fleming F.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020

4. bindu_verma
    Eclair Jul 28, 2020

Sylvester.David likes this.

5. bindu_verma
    Eclair Jul 28, 2020

bindu_verma , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Then you should check out Dave2D's Unboxing in which he slams the red cable and paints it blue just after opening the box of Nord

Sylvester.David likes this.
  6. contact.jakub
    Eclair Jul 28, 2020

7. bindu_verma likes this.
  8. contact.jakub
    Eclair Jul 28, 2020

9. Manvith
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

Manvith , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 29, 2020 :
    If I was a product manager I would think of making a plus phone a flip phone with superior glass design and has the highest proccesor more than any other phone

10. kira_1996
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

kira_1996 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Thank you starting this thread.
    now a days in india most of the people buy phones keeping following things in mind
    1) big screen
    2)good battery
    3)good camera
    4)fast charging
    5)lag free gaming experience
    and many more.
    oneplus has provided everything at a right price.

As a product manager I think oneplus should start focusing more on gaming.
    As in last few years gaming industry in India is growing at a very high rate.
    few additional changes oneplus can do is
    shift the charging slot from lower end to left end as while playing game it is very difficult for a person to handel the charger and most of time we end up breaking the wire or getting a shock.
    I am currently using oneplus 7T pro and while gaming and charging together the phone get heat up.
    so we can make some hardware hanged and add some cooling components.
    we can also introduced 2 buttons for better gaming(specific for combat gaming).the button will be just like the pe controller.
    No doute the refresh rate is the best in the market, but still face a lag while gaming.

most of the people in India use selfie camera more then the normal one.
    can we create such mechanism that the back camera flip over to selfie camera.
    we will get a full screen also and plus a better quality 48Mp selfie camera as well.

11. Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

12. krsna_cham
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

krsna_cham , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Hey OnePlus thank you for Creative Thoughts Challenge!

If I was product manager:

- AOD Always on Display

- Metal Frame

- Dual Stereo Speakers

- 3.5 mm Audio Jack

- Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G +15% performances than the 765G

If you own a OnePlus series 8 you have noticed about Nord is far from being fast&reactive like that

-UFS 3.0

- Wi-Fi 6

- Output video on Type-C

- Wireless Charger

13. TheBlitz7
    Gingerbread Jul 29, 2020

TheBlitz7 , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Nice challenge! I love the original design of the OnePlus Nord but if I were the product manager my design would be like this for the OnePlus Nord. It differs from the original phone but I'll explain why.
    oneplus nord1.png

Firstly, I like symmetry just like the OnePlus 7 Pro Camera's so I centered the camera and flash and added the flash under the camera. If I was the product manager I would remove the bottom two camera's of the original phone, so in this case the 2MP and 5MP camera. This will save some cost and this can be used for something else. The Ultra Wide Angle Lens can be upgraded to 48MP for example. As a nice addition and because the community loves it, I would partner with Google to add the GCAM app pre-installed on the phone.

With the two camera's removed, I would add a 3.5mm headphone jack. OnePlus went back to their roots and released an affordable phone and with the 3.5mm headphone jack this phone would be complete. Many users still have wired earphones/headsets and a headphone jack would be a nice addition.

I know this must be a budget phone but to make the speakers better, I would add stereo speakers (and maybe even Dolby Atmos). As I have listened to OnePlus devices with stereo speakers and Dolby Atmos, this is a feature you just want on your phone.

When we look at the display, a 1440P display would be a nice addition but this will probably have a huge impact on the final price so it isn't necessary. A 1440P display offers one of the best experiences in combination with 90 Hz.

For the color of the phone I chose OnePlus' original red. I love this color and I wanted a phone in this color. I gave the bezels of the phone a darker color so the phone has multiple reds. Metal bezels would make the phone feel more premium. The volume slider got a dark grey finish to easily see and control it when it lays on the table for example. The power button and the volume rocker got the same darker red color as the bezels.

The front side of the phone would be the same as the original design with a minor change.
    oneplus nord2.png
    The front camera's are the same as it is subtle. Between the two front camera's I added a RGB notification LED, which is the red dot in the picture as it suits the red color of the phone. When the front camera's are in use, the notification LED will be turned off so the light of the LED doesn't interfere with the camera's. The black bar on top of the phone is the "bigger" speaker which will be used for stereo audio.

Besides that, I would also upgrade the battery. Something like 4500mAh would make this an even better phone.

These features with OxygenOS would be awesome!

Here is the original design of the OnePlus Nord in red!
    nord original.png

Also some other colors for the Nord(ic) theme! (Click on the image for full resolution)
    1373793-e55c4a106a9c1b65df6a6275cdd956a5.png 1373793-e55c4a106a9c1b65df6a6275cdd956a52.png 1373793-e55c4a106a9c1b65df6a6275cdd956a521.png 1373793-e55c4a106a9c1b65df6a6275cdd956a522.png 1373793-e55c4a106a9c1b65df6a6275cdd956a523.png

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

Olicyus and HASHTAGKEM like this.
  14. JCCarlos
    Froyo Jul 29, 2020

15. SRD.
    KitKat Jul 29, 2020

SRD. , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F. , May be my expectation from NORD was too high, so every time i tried to felt a Mid range smartphone, I think of perfection;
    So, this time I won't Change the Specifications a lot, But Since I am the Product manager ( Virtual one :p); I'll settle with this minimal but impactful changes

The Design

NORD.png

Only Few changes:

1. Single Punch hole front Camera
    2. Back camera Set Up (only arrangements changed)
    3. 3.5 mm Audio Jack ( plz plz bring it back...)
    4. Bigger battery ( 4800 mAH )
    5. Cyan Cable
    6. Power Button ( Cyan Color)
    7. Stereo Speaker
    8. Tough textured Back cover ( With good grip; i don't want glass/metal back)

Some Wonderful back covers have already been designed by our community members; i'll use them with my design.

Rest all as per original NORD.

❣️ SRD

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020

Fleming F., TibiTibi, Olicyus and 3 others like this.
  16. _AJU_
    Donut Jul 29, 2020

_AJU_ , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Processor-Snapdragon 855 with 2.6GHz octa core with Adreno 630gpu
    Display-90Hz amoled panel.6.2inch full hd display with 442ppi with Gorilla glass 5 with in display fingerprint scanner.Always on display is must.
    Battery-5100mah with 30t warp charge with nord blue charging cable
    Camera:42MP(IMX586) main camera with OIS,12MP ultrawide and 32MP telephoto lens with 5x optical zoom and 30x digital zoom with OIS.Dual flash in rear.32MP punch hole camera in front.video capability-4k@60fps in both front and rear
    Memory-6/8/12 LPDDR4X with storage 128/256 having UFS 3.0
    OS-Oxygen OS (android 10)with 3 year major android update and (3+2)year security updates
    Body-metal frame with Gorilla glass 5 weighing around 198grams with stereo speakers including headphone jack
    Connectivity-4g atleast in India inorder to reduce price as it would take couple of years to have 5g broadly

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020

TibiTibi likes this.
  17. VaibsTS
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

VaibsTS , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Thanks @Fleming F. Here's my entry:
    OnePlus Nord - OneGogh Edition

A homage to Vincent van Gogh with NORD! ... with some wild creative ideas!

What happens when a modern premium smartphone meets a legendary masterpiece of an art?
    nord_gogh_1.png
    OnePlus Nord - OneGogh Edition

Software Used: Paint 3D
    (My editing skills are not exactly good but I hope it manages to convey the idea here!)

1) The orange crescent moon is where 48MP primary camera would reside!

2) For the other cameras I would go for OnePlus's Concept One dope tech! The other cameras would reside in those classy clouds made by the artist!

3) When the alert slider is turned to silent mode, the back of this phone transforms into vanilla filter look as follows:
    nord_gogh_3.png
    with alert slider turned to Silent

Wishing all the success to @Carl and his team for NORD!

Fleming F. and bindu_verma like this.
  18. DrKTM1+7t
    Froyo Jul 30, 2020

DrKTM1+7t , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 30, 2020 :
    the main problem of oneplus devices is with camera, sound and battery
    1. CAMERA
    32MP WITH 16MP DEPTH SENSOR IN FRONT.
    48MP WITH 32MP DEPTH SENSOR IN BACK.
    2. SOUND
    DOLBY ATMOS WITH FRONT FACING AND LOWER END AS SAME IN ONEPLUS 7T.
    3. BATTERY
    SINCE THE REFRESH RATE IS HIGHER, BATTERY SHOULD BE IN OR AROUND 6000 MAH