Credit Card Fraud

?

Have you had fraudulent charges after a recent OnePlus transaction?

1. Yes, purchased 0-2 months ago

341 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Yes, purchased 2-4 months ago

24 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Yes, purchased over 4 months ago

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No, purchased 0-2 months ago

81 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No, purchased 2-4 months ago

14 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No, purchased over 4 months ago

96 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. I Purchased with Paypal

177 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. hilwood
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

2. jfsalmor
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

jfsalmor , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Hi!
    I'm afected too.
    I've bought the phone the 22th november.
    Has oneplus said something official about?

hola!
    Yo estoy afectado también.
    Compré el teléfono el 22/11/2017.
    ha dicho ya algo oneplus de forma oficial??

3. rarog
    Lollipop Assistant Head Moderator Jan 15, 2018

G_Jose_Salazar_RAHM likes this.
  4. moskito99
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2018

moskito99 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I forwarded all the information of this thread with my insights of being product manager for credit cards in Frankfurt/Germany directly to OnePlus yesterday. I'm happy they took a look at this and also confirmed some of my points, e.g. that they don't store any credit cards in their systems. Most likely this is not based on OnePlus itself (from my experience), but OnePlus might be affected together with other companies if its root cause is the PCI-DSS certified acquiring system they are using.

About your 25 EUR...Most likely this amount was charged because those amounts usually don't requite PIN or signature (usually when you sign its the merchants responsibility to check your ID). Tell your bank you want your money back and that they should start the chargeback process otherwise you will take legal steps. Most likely it is anyways on liability of the merchant that decided not to ask for PIN or do proper ID check.

This link might help you....

https://chargeback.com/chargeback-reason-codes/mastercard-reason-codes/

To everyone, at least for Mastercard, you have the right to request a chargeback from your issueing bank if transaction was not triggered by you!!!

rarog and G_Djordje_Mikic_PFeW like this.
  5. G_Djordje_Mikic_PFeW
    Donut Jan 15, 2018

G_Djordje_Mikic_PFeW , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Thank you.
    I hope they will resolve this situation as soon as possible, so no one else is affected by this fraud.

Anyways, Im positive that they used full credit card information, including a security PIN, since they first attempted to take 331€, but I had about 100 on my card, so it didn't passed through. 10 min after they took 25€, and in the meantime I called my bank to block my card. 10 min after that, there was another transaction attempt of 110€.
    First 2 in Italy, the 3rd one in Germany.

6. jkb114
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

jkb114 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    If they used your pin, it can't be Oneplus. your Pin is not used online

7. jkb114
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

G_Djordje_Mikic_PFeW likes this.
  8. G_Djordje_Mikic_PFeW
    Donut Jan 15, 2018

G_Djordje_Mikic_PFeW , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Well, it was an online payment. So, they usef every information I used when I bought my phone..

9. NARASIMHA RAO ODUGU
    Froyo Jan 15, 2018

NARASIMHA RAO ODUGU , Jan 15, 2018 :
    now I decided if I buy any product from OnePlus website then I have to block credit card. and I will use only debit card for future transactions in OnePlus website

10. bthenderson04
    Donut Jan 15, 2018

11. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 15, 2018

meatandy , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Call your credit card company to get the
    charge-backs.
    Read here..

12. NerdicEclipse
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2018

NerdicEclipse , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Thankfully it looks like it's far fewer people saying they have been affected than haven't. Here's hoping it's unrelated to OnePlus and is just another merchant people used prior. These breaches happen literally every day on some level in the US. It's happened to me before when a major retailer here was hacked, so I know it sucks. I hope those affected can find out what merchant it rooted from and get it all taken care of.

13. Alpedra
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

Alpedra , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I was contacted this morning by my bank telling me that my CC was cancelled for security reasons (and a new one will be sent). I was informed that this is standard procedure when they detect suspicious/fraudulent transactions but the caller didn´t have any further info to give on specific transactions. I didn't make any other purchase with my CC during the last 2 months except buying a 5T through the online site. I am assuming that the reasons behind this cancellation are connected with the hack allegations...

14. juangekal
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

juangekal , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Hello! I'm affected too. I bought a OnePlus 5T the last Tuesday.

The last friday I got a SMS from my bank about a charge of 499€ done in the Microsoft store (the fu@#ers bought a Xbox One X). I phoned my bank and they told me there was another charge. The credit card was blocked and I have to go to the police to make a complaint.

15. TugaPower
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2018

TugaPower , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Wish to share the same optimistic opinion that is not OnePlus being hacked but the coincidence is just to high and it's raising fast the number of cases.

16. Frankusky
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

Frankusky , Jan 15, 2018 :
    @Andres I just followed what the original post says:

Edit by moderator SoniaB: If you have faced this issue, then please post in the thread and not just use the voting option.

In my case, Im not an active forum user, also this was my first 1+ purchase.

17. McLuke
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

H1515869246802 likes this.
  18. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 15, 2018

SoniaB , Jan 15, 2018 :
    That means nothing.
    Joining the forum is not a prerequisite to buying the device.
    Ever consider the possibility that these other folk joined the forum after seeing the fraudulent transactions on their account? That they then saw the thread and voted?
    Your logic is flawed

19. gornog
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

gornog , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Phone bought just before christmas for my wife. To not show the transaction on our common account, I used another card I never use usually (on line or physically), the only occurrence I used this card is for the OnePlus 5T
    The card was safely at home in my office in a safe.

Thankfully, there were not much money left on the account and my bank was able to spot early the issue and cancelled all transactions.

20. L1513419926014
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

L1513419926014 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    You will encounter the same issue. I paid with a visa debit card for my phone. I believe that may be the reason that the charges on my account weren't larger sums.