Credit Card Fraud

?

Have you had fraudulent charges after a recent OnePlus transaction?

1. Yes, purchased 0-2 months ago

341 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Yes, purchased 2-4 months ago

24 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Yes, purchased over 4 months ago

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No, purchased 0-2 months ago

81 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No, purchased 2-4 months ago

14 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No, purchased over 4 months ago

96 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. I Purchased with Paypal

177 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 16, 2018

SoniaB , Jan 16, 2018 :
    You can contact security@oneplus.net to report it to OnePlus.
    With regards to your bank, confirm they are fraudulent transactions and initiate a chargeback. Your credit card should also be cancelled and new one issued.

2. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 16, 2018

Stickied Post
    SoniaB , Jan 16, 2018 :
    An update in the official announcement thread:

3. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jan 16, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Probably should've done it earlier, but I'm glad they did! Would be great if they send out emails or equivalent to everyone who has used CC for purchase in the past as a warning, as not everyone uses the forum.

Hydra Bob, Paul_W_, inflamez and 2 others like this.
  4. beliash
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

beliash , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Yep, £2000 worth of charges on my credit card. Specifically bodybuilding.com and watchshop.com. I've been trying to ages to figure out how this happened but now I know. Credit card company are underway with their fraud investigation

5. G_Sheldon_Sassoon_Aixz
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

6. G_Michael_uvvb
    Donut Jan 16, 2018

G_Michael_uvvb , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Just purchased my phone on January 12th, no fraudulent charges yet. Not the first thing you want to read about before you even get your phone in the mail.

7. Henkie1337
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

Henkie1337 , Jan 16, 2018 :
    @Andres

I was not active on this forum before. I already said I found it through a subreddit (/r/OnePlus), where this topic was hotlinked in. I made this account specially for commenting on the fraud-topic, because this seems like a high-priority case to me. I guess more people did this.

izzykasha and rarog like this.
  8. G_Abdou_Chaffai_vPnr
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

G_Abdou_Chaffai_vPnr , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Dear All,
    I've bought a One plus 5T last week, 8 days later, i've got some transactions on my bank account.
    My banker called me and told me that due to the amazing securité of One plus website, my card is now blocked due to those fraudulent transactions.
    i contacted the chat support, they suggested me to write an email.
    I donnow how i can trust this company now, i've moved from Apple phones after 6 years history, this was my first Android device and i was pretty interested in the One plus experience! :(
    I hope that one day they will answer us with some excuses at least!

9. G_Abdou_Chaffai_vPnr
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

G_Abdou_Chaffai_vPnr , Jan 16, 2018 :
    For your informations :
    As a precaution, we are temporarily disabling credit card payments at oneplus.net. PayPal is still available, and we are exploring alternative secure payment options with our service providers.

10. Rajeev Baddam
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

11. G_Sai-raghavendran_Balas
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

12. sayravi
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

sayravi , Jan 16, 2018 :
    My purchase failed due to credit card issues. But i got a fraudulent transaction in my card (that was used in the failed transaction) early today and that too in GBP currency. I blocked the card.

13. TheH0g4n
    Eclair Jan 16, 2018

TheH0g4n , Jan 16, 2018 :
    All they found out is that OnePlus is not using an iFrame. The code sample they show is from a public API that OnePlus does not use.

It is possible to encrypt data coming in from the client and only decrypt it before transit to the payment processor. That "audit" was speculation based on what little access to OnePlus' code they have (basically what they can get my pressing F12 in a browser).

Its hardly fact or proof in any way that OnePlus has been hacked. It's just as possible that their payment processor has been comprised.

14. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 16, 2018

youbi , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Where did you bought your device? Are you from India? Didn't you used the amazon store?

15. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Jan 16, 2018

youbi , Jan 16, 2018 :
    The bank told you those exact words?

Hydra Bob likes this.
  16. G_John_Fus_uBMy
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

G_John_Fus_uBMy , Jan 16, 2018 :
    I have also experienced fraudulent activity on my debit card. It was shortly after I purchased from the OnePlus website...

17. dfsonic
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

dfsonic , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Hi all,
    + one more. I bought a O+5T 22th november of 2017. 9.1. 2018 receive 3 fraudulent transactions (600€ not work stoped 3DSecure payment from Evoke gaming, 500€ and 250€ 5 min later not 3DSecure). Only shop where used my Card number was here. Other 2 payments before was through Paypal.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018

18. angon25
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

angon25 , Jan 16, 2018 :
    Hi all.
    I'm actually affected by this issue. I bougth my O+5T in dec 18 using my credit card in the oneplus.net store. One week ago, the credit card I used was charged for almost GBP 600 (For me, that's a lot of money) of a purchase made in the store of blacks.com.uk. I didn't even know the existence of this store. Of course, as soon as I knew about this transaction, I called my bank and they told me that there were lots of previous attempts to use the credit card number from different sites.

This is a bit sad. I bought the oneplus one three and half years ago and everything with oneplus has been great until now. This kind of things erode the trust one puts in companies.

Zsolt Párányi likes this.
  19. Sixtte
    Cupcake Jan 16, 2018

Sixtte , Jan 16, 2018 :
    I bought my OP5 4 months ago and then cancelled a transaction for a 5T during the Sandstone white promotion. This morning I checked my account and had massive multiple transactions from my account that I did not make. With my card being used to make transactions at O2, it has made me highly worried.

I have been on the phone and at the bank for the majority of the day trying to sort this out and get my money back.

20. T1516060784381
    Eclair Jan 16, 2018

T1516060784381 , Jan 16, 2018 :
    My mastercard has been blocked by my bank cause of "suspicious transactions" after buying the 5T... No other transactions were made last month but the card is gone now. How could this happen? Paypal wasn't available when I bought the phone. Delivery time was endless....

Is the 5T secure any longer? I'm close to disable it.... Not very trustworthy at all. Appeared in germany.