Credit Card Fraud

?

Have you had fraudulent charges after a recent OnePlus transaction?

1. Yes, purchased 0-2 months ago

341 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Yes, purchased 2-4 months ago

24 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Yes, purchased over 4 months ago

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No, purchased 0-2 months ago

81 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No, purchased 2-4 months ago

14 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No, purchased over 4 months ago

96 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. I Purchased with Paypal

177 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Feb 8, 2018

Scherpenseel , Feb 8, 2018 :
    God, what do you want them to do then? This can happen to any company... The internet is not safe, buying things with your creditcard online is not 100% safe...

2. dclaro91
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

dclaro91 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    that's exactly what's wrong... and why I'm telling everyone not to buy OnePlus. Yes, I'm waiting for some competition... we trusted a brand that keeps taking and misusing our information... and they believe they can get away with anything... f*ck OP.

3. ElfStone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2018

ElfStone , Feb 8, 2018 :
    LOL @ that :))
    Contact your bank and stop whining

4. dclaro91
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

dclaro91 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    I've been buying for that Las 15 years... never happened.

5. dclaro91
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

dclaro91 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    in store credit or big discount for affected consumers.

6. davron95
    Eclair Feb 8, 2018

davron95 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    For everyone who says its not OnePlus fault, you kidding me? If you would be in his place you would blame OnePlus because they are the one who leaked the credit card informations lol. And you bash a guy who try to get awnsers from OnePlus lol. They need to refund the damages because he bought from their store and not other one and they have leaked the infos. In France if you dont have insurance from bank they cant do shit so i would sue OnePlus for sure. So help this guy and dont bash him like its not OnePlus fault idiots.

7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 8, 2018

camohan , Feb 8, 2018 :
    I know it's a unfortunate thing that happened. I have merged your thread here for discussion.

8. dclaro91
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

dclaro91 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    yeah merge it and take it away from the home screen, wipe it under the rug like everything else you've against costumers. I'll just keep telling people to buy Xiaomi instead.

9. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Feb 8, 2018

Scherpenseel , Feb 8, 2018 :
    I don't say it happens all the time, I say it CAN happend, and that it CAN happen to any company or even locally at a restaurant... Creditcards are not 100% safe and very very easily obtained through hacking.

Dude, it sucks that it has happend, but you should be able to get your money back through your bank. Also there is no way for OnePlus to check who has actually been affected by this, and they can't just put credit or discounts in everyone's hands... What you're asking is just not feasible... Again, it sucks that it has happend, but this is not the way to go.

10. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 8, 2018

camohan , Feb 8, 2018 :
    Well when you post the thread comes right on the main screen. There is nothing here that is censored.
    You really need to calm yourself down.

11. dclaro91
    Froyo Feb 8, 2018

dclaro91 , Feb 8, 2018 :
    I already did that... you're not getting it, this is not the first "leak"/misuse of costumer info that OP has had in the last 6 months, what OP is not getting back is the trust from consumers. Just read this thread, in which we are commenting and does not appear on the home page... they are putting all of this under the rug and hiding it so that we forget... guess what, we're not.

12. baklawa
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2018

baklawa , Feb 18, 2018 :
    Dear OnePlus,

I ordered a OnePlus 5T on 3rd January, paid by credit card, and got the feedback on 8th February from my bank that my card had been compromised. Card is blocked and my bank issued a new one.

Please note that I never received any warning email from OnePlus on this topic.

13. izzykasha
    Lollipop Feb 18, 2018

izzykasha , Feb 18, 2018 :
    @baklawa
    @Scherpenseel

from the main thread in announcements, page 76 is the following informational from @youarekiddingme

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/jan-19-update-an-update-on-credit-card-security.752415/

Here is the mail/email notification from OP. Its relevant to all who are following this thread. It is typical of a lawyer reviewed notification, and avoids mention of fault, or details that may be proven wrong in future. It also does not match the experiences I have had since the breach. Its a month too late.

For example - OP mail me on my main email ID, but the emailID that scammers are using is the one I used to sign up to the OP Forum. It means they don't have a clue where else they have been breached yet. It may not just be the Payment Processing page. If they lost my Forum emailID, then what other details apart from CC data did they lose? I don't trust their statement of CC data only.
    They don't make it clear how long the leak has been in place. Because they don't know that either. Even after all this time.
    The Credit Check information is useful and the suggestion to freeze your credit account (to prevent loans in your name).

Why didn't they post is here as well as directly to their registered customers? They don't care about the OP Community of Users and don't want to broadcast their mess.

Hope this helps/

Dear {Customer},

We were recently involved in a security incident potentially affecting personal information relating to you. This notice describes what we know so far, steps we have taken in response to the incident, and actions you may wish to take to protect yourself.

We are working to provide potentially affected customers a year of free credit monitoring, where it's available. This service means you can quickly and easily check as well as receive alerts about any changes to your credit history. Please register your interest via the following link: https://oneplus.net/claim.

What Happened

On January 11, 2018, we were notified of several credit card fraud cases possibly related topurchases made at OnePlus.net. We promptly took steps to investigate the situation, and ultimately determined that an unknown attacker had injected a malicious script into the paymentprocessing page of our website to intermittently capture credit card information as it was being entered. We immediately quarantined theaffected server, reinforced our systems, and disabled credit card payments for good measure.

What Information Was Involved

We believe that personal information relating to you, including your credit/debit card number, credit/debit card expiration date, and CVV/CSC number, may have been compromised during the incident. As noted above, the malicious scriptappears to have only intermittently captured customer information, so we cannot confirm that your data was compromised. However, out of an abundance of caution, we are providing this notice to all customers that submitted their credit card data on our online store during the window oftime in which the malicious script is believed to have been active.

What We Are Doing

Your privacy and data security are extremely important to us. We regularly review and enhance the OnePlus IT and cybersecurity systems and processes. In addition to investigating the incident, we have engaged an expert cybersecurity firm to assist with reinforcing the security of our systems. We also thoroughly reviewed and confirmed the security of the affected webpage before reinstating credit card payments for our website. We have also reported the incident to Hong Kong law enforcement.

We are also taking steps to notify each individual whose personal information was potentially affected by this incident. We will continue to take appropriate steps to minimize the risk of future cybersecurity incidents.

What You Can Do

As a general rule, we recommend that you remain vigilant about your personal information by regularly reviewing your financial account statements and periodically checking your credit report. Review the reports carefully for inquiries from companies you did not contact, accounts you did not open, and debts that you cannot explain. Verify the accuracy of your complete name, identification number, address(es), and employer(s).

You may wish to add a fraud alert to your credit report file to make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. A fraud alert is a consumer statement added to your credit report. This statement alerts creditors of possible fraudulent activity within your report as well as requests that they contact you prior to establishing any accounts in your name. Once the fraud alert is added to your credit report, all creditors should contact you prior to establishing any account in your name.

You may also add a security freeze to your credit report file to prohibit a credit reporting agency from releasing information from your credit report without your prior written authorization. To place a security freeze (also known as a “credit freeze”), contact the three credit reporting agencies at the contact information provided above. Unlike a fraud alert, you must separately place a credit freeze on your credit file at each credit reporting agency. Please be aware that using a security freeze may interfere with or delay your ability to obtain credit. You may also incur fees to place, lift, and/or remove a security freeze.

Be vigilant against phishing attacks. Some criminals may use your personal information to contact you posing as a reputable source to try and trick you into providing confidential information (commonly called “phishing”). For example, they might call you or email you pretending to be a trusted party and ask you to confirm sensitive personal information, such as your social security number or financial account information. Please know that we will never ask you to confirm any sensitive personal information by email or over an unsolicited phone call. If you do happen to be contacted with such a request, it is not from OnePlus, and you should not provide any personal information.

We truly regret any inconvenience this incident causes you. If you have any questions, please contact us using the contact information provided below.

Sincerely,
    The OnePlus Team
    http://oneplus.net/support

Phone number Country Working time
    49 800 100 6293 Germany (Toll Free) 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    34 944 58 05 03 Spain 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    32 4 268 24 37 Belgium 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    39 090 9100294 Italy 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    44 1252 236307 United Kingdom 9:00am - 3:00am GMT, Monday to Sunday
    43 720 817255 Austria 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    33 9 73 72 14 56 France 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    31 85 2083 289 Netherlands 10:00am - 4:00am CET, Monday to Sunday
    852 5808 7806 Hong Kong 9:30am - 6:30pm HKT, Monday to Sunday

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018

14. eye842
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

eye842 , Mar 7, 2018 :
    Changed my vote to YES! My card got shut down yesterday but I have no info on who, where and how much because it got blocked by nets.eu before it reached my bank.

I used my card 1. Dec. & 14. Dec. + PP 11.Jan. and did not get any email warning after One Plus claimed that all possible affected users were contacted.

15. izzykasha
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

izzykasha , Mar 7, 2018 :
    time to fill out the form for the credit protection then

16. eye842
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

eye842 , Mar 7, 2018 :
    I filled it out long time ago but it's going to be useless for me anyway as I got this double protection through Nets and 12 months fraud claim in my bank.

17. izzykasha
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2018

izzykasha , Mar 7, 2018 :
    still nice to know when they actually get round to offering it to affected users.

glad u have cover in place!

eye842 likes this.
  18. izzykasha
    Lollipop Apr 5, 2018

izzykasha , Apr 5, 2018 :
    So did anyone receive the free credit card protection they promised and advertised through their interviews on this breach?

Hydra Bob likes this.
  19. J1561629591516
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

J1561629591516 , Jun 27, 2019 :
    I never face any problem while buying one plus one. One of the best phone in market. I am using it from last 4 years.