Credit Card Fraud

?

Have you had fraudulent charges after a recent OnePlus transaction?

1. Yes, purchased 0-2 months ago

340 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. Yes, purchased 2-4 months ago

24 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Yes, purchased over 4 months ago

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No, purchased 0-2 months ago

81 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No, purchased 2-4 months ago

14 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No, purchased over 4 months ago

96 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. I Purchased with Paypal

177 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. Emilius
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2018

2. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2018

superdutynick , Jan 14, 2018 :
    My wife's Nexus 6p died after having it for 18 months. It was determined to be motherboard failure. The manufacturer's warranty had expired. I was able to get a refund through CC because of the extended warranty that they provide. I received a credit of $533.93, which is what I paid for the Nexus 6p when I bought it. The credit covered the cost of her OP5t 8gb version thanks to the student discount. I used my Citi card this time because it adds 24 months to the manufacturer's warranty.

Does PayPal do that for you?

Paul_W_ likes this.
  3. emon11
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2018

emon11 , Jan 14, 2018 :
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/credit-card-fraud-in-your-payment-system.751970/

Hi there,
    Me too I would like to complain about your payment system. On 10th of January I have made a payment on your website for my new phone. That was the only payment I have made by using that particular card. I have never used that card for any payment previously neither I used it in any shop and ATM machine as the card was new and its not my primary card. What happened after is really frustrating, as I got a call from my bank yesterday, somebody was trying to pay by that card 1179 euro, which wasnt my transaction. I had to block that card as whole day today these fraud people were trying to use my card details. Due to the fact that Oneplus website is the only payment I have made, I am seriously concerned about the legitimacy of your service. Please bear attention and check how its possible for someone to retrive my card details. I would appreciate if you could proceed with my query and work on the fraud prevention from your side. The payment method that was offered by your website assured security which in reality didnt work. Please make sure that this situation wouldnt happen ever again.
    I would appreciate your response and resolution of that case.
    Regards,

Hydra Bob likes this.
  4. victorzmartin
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

victorzmartin , Jan 14, 2018 :
    back in the day off my purchase, my credit card was not allowed to finish the order (000 error or something like that) so I have used my PayPal account.
    don't know if was lucky or the bank got something suspicious in the website.

Spain bank account btw

5. Radeon962
    KitKat Jan 14, 2018

6. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jan 15, 2018

Radeon962 likes this.
  7. Emilius
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

Emilius , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Nothing changes if you choose to pay with PayPal. Actually you are getting extra tick layer of security.

achibula likes this.
  8. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

superdutynick , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Thanks Bob. I hadn't considered that.

I didn't create this to cause such a disturbance. I just wanted to help let everyone know that there was the possibility. I have confidence that OnePlus will get to the bottom of this and mput in preventive measures to keep this from happening in the future.

Much larger companies have had breaches. It is the risk that we all face by doing business online. I do not blame OnePlus, I do not believe that they intentionally did anything wrong.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  9. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

It may or may not. CC rules change when you go through a third party processing. I know for sure it will work if I go directly.

10. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jan 15, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Yeah I know you're not looking to raise a fuss, but it doesn't look like very many people know about this yet. So if they had it happen to them they deserve to know, that's the only reason I brought it up.

Again I apologise for jumping to conclusions the other day, it's definitely looking like you're on to something here.

11. Emilius
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

Emilius , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I will never live my credit card information to anyone. That is a bed deal to begins with. Anyhow, PayPal is like a real money just coming from someone else poked. No reason not to accept that.

12. Radeon962
    KitKat Jan 15, 2018

Radeon962 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    It's active on Twitter as well.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  13. L1513419926014
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

L1513419926014 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I've sent an email to the BBC with links to this thread, reddit and the blog post referenced in reddit. Hopefully they pick it up.

14. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Same just happened to me. Bought a phone a week ago. My banks call center is currently closed so I'm watching some one in San Fran spend all my money.

15. Johnbksc7
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

Johnbksc7 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    yes, this happened to me two days ago. i purchased the 5t on my Visa card, and that's the only purchase I've made on the card for a while. someone tried to purchase a phone on boost Mobile for 900 bucks, then it got declined and tried again for 300, which also got declined. please OnePlus get better security on your system, this is unacceptable.

16. Kamal Chowdhury
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

Kamal Chowdhury , Jan 15, 2018 :
    That's very true. I bought a 5T a while ago using the OP online payment gateway. Just a couple of days ago the bank informed that someone is trying to buy from iTunes using my card. I was suspecting that it may be due to compromised gateway of OP but now I am sure it is. The card's already been cancelled.

17. adnannn81
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

adnannn81 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Iorder OnePlus 5t and Before 2 days i received 2 massage from my bank 1600 dollars from LENOVO GROUP
    799.99$ 2 times
    Thank you OnePlus I don't trust your website again
    What I can do now

18. G_April_Lawson_rSla
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

G_April_Lawson_rSla , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I used a brand new CC to purchase my 5t after Christmas and haven't used it since. last night, I got reports of fraudulent charges on that card, to which I had to freeze. It was two charges for $300 at some diner.

19. G_Jessie_Tomich_izOb
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

20. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

With a lot of CC companies, you can have them rollover your autopays to the new CC number.