Credit Card Fraud

?

Have you had fraudulent charges after a recent OnePlus transaction?

1. Yes, purchased 0-2 months ago

341 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Yes, purchased 2-4 months ago

24 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Yes, purchased over 4 months ago

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No, purchased 0-2 months ago

81 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No, purchased 2-4 months ago

14 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No, purchased over 4 months ago

96 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. I Purchased with Paypal

177 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. OnePlus_Van
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

OnePlus_Van , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I purchase OP 5T last December. And I use PayPal. So far no suspicious transaction. Was thinking PayPal is safer. I don't know. Hopefully it is.

meatandy likes this.
  2. greydroid
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

greydroid , Jan 15, 2018 :
    In the UK, you don't get section 75 protection if you use PayPal. Section 75 makes credit card companies equally liable for the product with the merchant.

And I got hit too. Purchased end of November, fraudulent transaction on 11/01 for ~£200

3. CasperTFG
    KitKat Jan 15, 2018

CasperTFG , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Would this be applicable to customers who purchased a phone (OPO) and accessories back in 2014?

meatandy likes this.
  4. srd
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

srd , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I purchased a 5T mid November and got a fraudulent charge a few days ago. Had to cancel my card and get a new one. Love the phone but, this is very disturbing. Oneplus....you need to fix this.

5. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

superdutynick , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I doubt it... from what I can tell most are recent transactions.

CasperTFG likes this.
  6. shiva.kakarla01
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

shiva.kakarla01 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I'm one of the unfortunate people to get fraudulent charges on my account. Thanks for this link and another blog post, that alerted the incident. Closed my CC and going to get a new one. But it's a pain to switch the card everywhere it's used for auto-pays.

7. jdtimothy
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

jdtimothy , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Thanks for posting this. I just logged into my bank to check, and there was a charge to an online tire company from earlier today for $1,700 that I did not make. My bank didn't catch it, so first thing tomorrow I need to call them. I bought my OnePlus 5t the last week of December.

8. vn75insider
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2018

vn75insider , Jan 15, 2018 :
    So, you haven't known about PayPal .
    If you have been using PayPal credit card, PayPal master card or PayPal pay to stories oneline for you with your c.card and you also get your benefits even better and you'll never be a victim of frauds.

9. Frankusky
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

Frankusky , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I purchased a 5T in Dec and got a fraudulent charge a few days ago made in Amsterdam (im from Guatemala) of more than $1k. Bank had to cancel my card and get a new one.

10. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

@Hydra Bob And I have talked in a private chat. I understand where he was coming from. After I explained to him why I created this post.

Although I appreciate you standing up for me, please try and refrain from provoking. I would like to keep this thread on topic as much as possible.

11. superdutynick
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

No, I know about PayPal. Only use it if there is no direct pay, and no other option. I get more points from my CC's that way. I also get several other added benefits. Not worried about fraudulent charges, covered on my CC's. If I would have been concerned I would have created a virtual number through the CC. PayPal is a middle man that would just decrease the profits for the store. The store would be responsible for the CC fee as well as the PayPal fee.

PayPal is no more secure than any other means. They have had data breaches, and there are all sorts of phishing scams related to PayPal.

12. Stealth777
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

Stealth777 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I live in Kentucky, funny two charges were here local in my city , the other two not sure but close also. the card that was used will only hold $200.00 so the $500.00 charges were declined to not enough funds.

13. sakearzoo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2018

sakearzoo , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Guys it a serious issue, security breach is there . first of all i thought there could be issue with payement gateway but it wasn't the case so i tried to test a transection to capture HTTP response in a HTTP interceptor like burp suite.
    i thought there could be a issue at network level but couldn't found anything then i tried with application level .. there could be a issue in this level as some problem is cross site scripting . . .i am 100% sure breach occurred through the application/system handling the payment card . .

Please stop online credit card transaction for few days and investigate this properly as multiple cases could not a coincidence . . and please do a proper check of every nodes of payment gateway every week so that if a issue is found it could be fixed .

i am a huge fan of OnePlus .. hopefully it will be fixed as soon as possible .. Thank You.

inflamez likes this.
  14. G_Neethish_Kumar_kXPU
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

15. G_Neethish_Kumar_kXPU
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

16. nickhell
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

17. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

18. nickhell
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

19. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

izzykasha , Jan 15, 2018 :
    it's a shame a moderator hasn't seemed this an important enough thread to stick it up top.

so has anyone got a reply from oneplus on this yet?

inflamez likes this.
  20. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

G_Mr_.... likes this.