Credit Card Fraud

?

Have you had fraudulent charges after a recent OnePlus transaction?

1. Yes, purchased 0-2 months ago

341 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Yes, purchased 2-4 months ago

24 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Yes, purchased over 4 months ago

13 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. No, purchased 0-2 months ago

81 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. No, purchased 2-4 months ago

14 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. No, purchased over 4 months ago

96 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. I Purchased with Paypal

177 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

2. nickhell
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

nickhell , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Is true, check my link

3. mukulagrawal
    Gingerbread Jan 15, 2018

mukulagrawal , Jan 15, 2018 :
    checked

u check this out-https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/credit-card-fraud.747206/page-2#post-17554014

4. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jan 15, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    A thread already exists on this discussion and OnePlus realizes it could be a potential issue and has already begun to look into it.

5. G_jonny_cool_nxOr
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2018

6. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2018

florincostescu , Jan 15, 2018 :
    It's interesting how competition is attacking oneplus.

1st they're spreading in all tech social media that oneplus is collecting unauthorized data, coz they're Chinese and Chinese people are stealing your data.

2nd now they're spreading the tech channels with insecure payments. Coz they're Chinese and Chinese people are all hackers, since baby born.

Nothing else to add, it's just interesting to study case the anti marketing the competition is providing... They are chasing the lead of INSECURE GROUND. Coz we all know that China is like that.

Stupid (and antique) strategies for stupid people

7. Zstoimenov
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

Zstoimenov , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I was declined a warranty service because my phone was bought from another online store. I am not sure if I should be happy that I didn't use theirs now or not.
    #NeverSettleWithOnePlus

8. acrestan
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

acrestan , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Same here as well. Ordered my OnePlus 5t mid December and got 2 fraudulent transaction notifications from my bank last week. The card has been cancelled.

Don't understand why there is no answer from OnePlus on this?

This can be so dangerous for their brand.

9. bjorkeberget
    Cupcake Jan 15, 2018

bjorkeberget , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Same for me as well. Got a ~2000euro fraudulent transaction a few days after buying the 5T in january.

10. Paul_W_
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2018

Paul_W_ , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I think OnePlus should at least compensate anyone who got fraudulent charges with some free accessories as a good will gesture. Luckily, I saw this thread early and cancelled my card. I'm very grateful to the creator of this thread but not happy that it is hidden away 3 pages down in an off topic forum. Why has it not been stickied?

11. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

12. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

izzykasha , Jan 15, 2018 :
    My point exactly moderators are quick and keen to delete and close threads but not sticky the important ones

THis needs to go up the top and stickied so that others can save money like yourself

akil2305 and Paul_W_ like this.
  13. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

It may be nice if other people in this post contact the moderators about making this a sticky post as I currently have two of them harassing me so I do not think they will even take note of my requests to make this a sticky post :)

This should be up the TOP !

Veran likes this.
  14. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 15, 2018

SoniaB , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I have over 300 notifications when I logged in a short while ago, consisting of reports to moderation team, PMs and physical tags in posts/threads.
    I am working my way through them.
    Please bear in mind that moderators donate their free time voluntarily to moderate the forum. So we deal with reports/tags/PMs when we are online ;).

I chased this with the Community Manager again this morning. Pretty much in this case that is all moderators can do. We are not OnePlus employees.

Threads are pinned after confirmation by admins. However, whether this thread gets pinned or not, it still has plenty of visibility. Every time someone posts in this thread, its bumped and appears in recents (main) section.
    I will continue to chase and post update here.

@superdutynick 50 people have voted yes in the poll (from time of my posting), yet the number that have actually also posted in this thread confirming is much less. I am editing your start post to ask everyone that votes Yes, to post in the thread. It would certainly be helpful if we knew exactly who has been affected so that each one can be contacted if need be.

Hydra Bob, meatandy, rarog and 3 others like this.
  15. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

thanks for the response and we certainly do respect what you all do.

it never hurts to raise the priority of an important issue so it gets seen quicker

keep up the good work

pa5t1s likes this.
  16. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

Bump - this needs to be up the top.

In the UK credit card payments are completely covered for fraud, for debit card payments where the debit card is a visa debit card they are insured/underwritten by Visa under the chargeback scheme.

If you have had some fraud on your account you may want to look this up but most banks in the UK are good at referencing fraudulent transaction even when they are debit cards

17. splatmatt
    Eclair Jan 15, 2018

splatmatt , Jan 15, 2018 :
    Anyone noticed fraudulent purchases who paid using PayPal? I haven't... but I also have a 2nd auth key.

18. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

Normally paypal adds that extra security layer so fingers crossed

splatmatt likes this.
  19. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jan 15, 2018

GuitarHero0179 , Jan 15, 2018 :
    I also enabled the double layer of security on PayPal. Haven't seen anything fraudulent since I'm using PayPal. I think it's a step of extra safety so it's pretty much the only way I pay online. Sad to see such a security breach with the credit cards. They should fix it fast (or disable cc payment till then)

izzykasha and splatmatt like this.
  20. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 15, 2018

yes I have PM's a couple of mods and soniabB has posted above.

you would hope they have a direct line to oneplus for potentially serious issues so that they can take action.

maybe they will let us know if they have escalated to oneplus staff, I think community manager was stated by soniaB bit not sure what that means

GuitarHero0179 likes this.