Creepy files on OPO.

1. Mr Potato Salad
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

Mr Potato Salad , Dec 21, 2015 :
    I just recieved my OPO from oppmart.com, and I found some files that creep me out a little. I don't know if this is what OnePlus does in China (since the phone is from China. (OnePlus doesn't ship to Norway)), or the people at Oppmart want to creep people out.
    1. The photo
    2. The 716 MB zip file

Notice how the pictures are dated BEFORE the build date of the phone.

Can someone that has received the Chinese version of the OPO, either from OnePlus or ********, tell me if they have seen the same things? (I don't know why the name is censored. It is the website I bought my phone from ^^^)
    Thanks

Sorry for the bad image, I tried my best to not make it bad.

Collage 2015-12-21 16_18_10.jpg

Edit: Yeah, its all malware from O-Mart.
    http://tinyurl.com/h53vrsm - Trustpilot link

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015

2. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 21, 2015

JHong and redleema like this.
  3. Mr Potato Salad
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

I don't want to ;_; Do you think malwatebytes will help?

4. sfomin
    Nougat Dec 21, 2015

sfomin , Dec 21, 2015 :
    doubt it will ring up as virus/malware. but you can give it a try. but, your best option is to do a clean install. who knows what else is hiding there

redleema likes this.
  5. Siljorfag
    Eclair Dec 21, 2015

Siljorfag , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Not a malware, lol. Just install clean CM OS, and format internal storage after doing that, and all junk will be deleted!

6. decentralized
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2015

decentralized , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Bruh, if you're lazy like that then let the virus do it's shit and wipe the phone.

sfomin likes this.
  7. Mr Potato Salad
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

But I will void my warranty. I will ask ********, they will most likely lie, but its worth a shot.

8. divinityQQ
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2015

divinityQQ , Dec 21, 2015 :
    You think you have warranty when you bought it from 3rd party seller? Oh my sweet summer child... I would suggest clean flashing a ROM of your choice.

9. keessonnema
    KitKat Dec 21, 2015

keessonnema , Dec 21, 2015 :
    You don't have warranty when you bought it from ********.. Secondly, this phone looks used, wipe all on your phone and install clean rom.

10. mingchin
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2015

mingchin , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Wait a minute here.
    You went to Opp.o.mart online store, and bought a OnePlus One phone, and it was preloaded and running OxygenOS v1.0?

Okay, so that 700 mb file is almost certainly the OxygenOS full ROM.

When you bought the phone, did the online listing say that it would come with OxygenOS?

The OPO is preloaded with ColorOS for sales in China, and CyanogenOS for everywhere else.
    If the phone came preloaded with OxygenOS, you have a used phone.

onefrog likes this.
  11. divinityQQ
    Honeycomb Dec 21, 2015

divinityQQ , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Of course it is not new. OPOs bought from 3rd party sellers ale mainly Chinese version. If you used mail forwarding service and bought it from OnePlus, you would have genuine phone with European LTE bands. If you can still send it back, I would highly recommend that.

12. Mr Potato Salad
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

Could you take the *******-attitude down a few notches?

13. pwtoocool
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2015

pwtoocool , Dec 28, 2015 :
    I also bought my OPO from ********.com. mine came with oxygenOS and that same 700mb file. It also came with some Chinese mp3 files.

Is there a guide out there that shows me how to reset my phone like it came brand new from a factory? I've been reading around the forums about boot loader, rooting etc but I don't understand how to do them.

I want my OPO to have that cyanogenOS and to be freshly wiped. Can anyone link a guide please

14. niTe_RiDeR_Pro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 28, 2015

15. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Dec 28, 2015

caldrich , Dec 28, 2015 :
    ... Just to throw it out there, the build date on a phone isn't the day the phone was built if I'm not mistaken. It is the day that either the software version was completed or loaded onto the phone. Believe it's the first, if I'm right. But when you install CM nightlies, I believe I remember that changed every time you updated.

As I said, may be completely wrong, but figured I'd throw it out there to debunk that odd fact. Anybody that can vouch for me?

fazEp likes this.
  16. pwtoocool
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2015

pwtoocool , Dec 28, 2015 :
    Would I be able to use one of those boot loader and root guides to flash CM12 onto the Chinese OPOs?

17. fazEp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 28, 2015

fazEp , Dec 28, 2015 :
    I'd say the day the software build was completed. Anyway, it isn't connect to the day the phone was built.