current ariund metallic sides while charging

1. saharkaps
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

saharkaps , Aug 3, 2020 :
    i have OnePlus 6 , using it for 1.5 years now. i have been noticing recently, that metallic sides of phone pass current through it while charging. all area, around the buttons, upper part , & lower part where charging points are located. why is this happening? & what is to be done?

AnkitKandpal likes this.
  2. drl431
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

drl431 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I doubt you are feeling electricity, as the voltages present in the phone are too low (5v from the charger, 3.7v battery, and even lower for components), and the metal frame around the phone is painted.
    But if you are that worried, try using a different charger to see if that makes a difference.

saharkaps and Caomhin like this.
  3. saharkaps
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2020

saharkaps , Aug 3, 2020 :
    yes, i tried using other charger & still its same

4. drl431
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

drl431 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Maybe you are feeling static electricity, but that would be from your body, with the phone being on the receiving end. Still nothing to worry about.

saharkaps and Caomhin like this.
  5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 3, 2020 :
    This can happen sometimes if you are standing on a floor that creates static and your shoe material has no way of dissipating that charge. Carpet and rugs is the worst but some other floorings can do similar.

Try charging in a different location where you know the ground cannot create static, wooden floor etc.

But if that is not the issue, bring it to an approved OnePlus service center and get them to check out the phone, charger and cable.

saharkaps and drl431 like this.

7. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 25, 2020 :
    contact OnePlus support directly IMMEDIATELY to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support