Curved screen tempered glass protectors, which are best?

1. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2020

Gillysixpence , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Hi first post here so I hope this is in the right place. Hubby currently has a OP6 which he loves but we are both eagerly watching the launch of the 8 series tomorrow with the plan to each buy. I currently have a P20 and am desperate to jump ship to become part of the OP family, but it appears the 8 series will have a curved screen which is the only thing we're unsure of, having never had one before. Can anyone tell me which brands do the best quality tempered glass screen protectors for a curved screen as if we can find a good make that will protect our new shiny phones it will really help with the choice between the 8 or the 7T (flat screen). Many thanks in advance!

2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 13, 2020

KeepTransisting , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Honestly, I've given up on glass protectors for curved screens. They're either super expensive or crappy. I've gone towards the self healing film protectors like the IQ Shield liquid protectors.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  3. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Apr 13, 2020

Gillysixpence , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Ooh lovely ty so much for that. We'll look at those, after a bunch of research it does appear that flexible is the way to go with the curved screens. Any other brand suggestions much appreciated, we're in the UK if that makes a difference to buying.

KeepTransisting likes this.
  4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 13, 2020

KeepTransisting , Apr 13, 2020 :
    That's the only brand I've used, but they're all honestly probably the same. I'd say try a cheap one first to see if it's even to your liking.

Gillysixpence likes this.
  5. Gillysixpence
    Gingerbread Apr 14, 2020

Gillysixpence , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Has anyone here also tried the TPU type like they put on in the factory? I assume they still do put on a factory installed one, and how long do they tend to last before you need to replace?