Other Custom fingerprint animations

1. niff2005
    Eclair Mar 5, 2020

niff2005 , Mar 5, 2020 :
    Dear Oneplus fans

I'm here writing my third idea. My third idea is the ability to add custom fingerprint animations, or at least some more cool ones. Because we can only choose between three animations, and none, I had to chose none, because honestly, I don't like the ones we got, and that's why I chose to turn it off. Now it is cool(!), but the ones we got isn't my taste. I would love to see the ability to make our own, with a simple addon in the settings, like changing your theme colour, but then it would be your animation, the size, the colours,.... . Or just more animations. (I really like the OnePlus 6T mclaren edition fingerprint!!!, Wish we could have!!)

It's a simple little thing to make our OnePlus phones feel more like home, like changing your theme color from red to a custom green color.
    I hope you all agree.

-Finn

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020

2. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Apr 16, 2020

Stickied Post
    Gary C. , Apr 16, 2020 :
    [Not Adopted]
    4/30 Update: We've talked about it internally and it's not on our roadmap right now, considering the workload involved. But we're preparing other surprises for you. Do keep an eye on the Community for more updates.

- Original Reply -​

Hello niff2005, thanks for sharing this great idea! Actually we’ve been brewing up a similar idea for a while and are happy to share with you our product plan.

We divide the whole process into two phases:

Phase 1: We will consider adding more fingerprint animation to the system. One of the biggest challenges in this stage is to decide what options to provide. Everyone has different preferences and tastes, it's hard to have a single solution for all. So, we’ll discuss this with designers, stakeholders, our users to hand-pick new designs in the future so as to guarantee the design is favored by the majority.

Phase 2: We intend to allow our users to customize the animation themselves. Getting this implemented as desired may require greater efforts than anticipated. Previously our designers had to adjust the animation frame by frame to optimize the unlocking experience. However, we think this is a possibility worth exploring.

As we’re conducting evaluation around this matter, we’ll keep our Community updated with more information.

Learn more about how your Idea flows within OnePlus

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020

3. Vishal_Mallick
    Donut Mar 6, 2020

4. Gruby33
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2020

5. FelisousNovedo
    Donut Mar 26, 2020

M1577257315678 likes this.
  6. Black Forest Ham
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 12, 2020

7. niff2005
    Eclair Apr 12, 2020

8. niff2005
    Eclair Apr 16, 2020

niff2005 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 16, 2020 :
    Thank you for taking your time to discuss my idea with the OnePlus team, and writing your awnser, appreciate it a ton! I'm very happy that the idea got the 'Under Consideration' tag, which *might* mean it will be a new feature in OxygenOS. You guys must have it very busy with the newly launched OnePlus 8 series.

-Finn