Customer Service is shocking!!

1. larenagius
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

larenagius , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Hi Community,

I am having some major issues with Oneplus at the moment. I have a Oneplus X Ceramic and after I installed the Oneplus Apricot case the back cover cracked right away and obviously I have raised a ticket and the RMA was accepted.

Then I sent my phone and now they are saying the phone is out of warranty and I have to pay for a new one! I find this really annoying, because the back cover cracked as soon as I put the cover on, hence it is a manufacturers fault!!

The long and short of this issue is that, the ticket has now been raised for over a month and no one seems to care about even actioning this. Do you have any suggestions, or maybe a Oneplus member of staff on these forums can actually action this issue.

Many Thanks

Laren Agius

khantahir4u, henkebe and Vinoth911 like this.
  2. Viciious
    Froyo Jul 7, 2016

Sogg and RJ Murdok like this.
  3. pierrelf
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2016

pierrelf , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Wow. In a thread a long time ago, OnePlus staff explained how only 1 out of 3 ceramic backs were used in the OnePlus X Ceramic edition, as they were breaking in production. Expected them to actually up the quality control for the X. Maybe sending a message to the new customer support would be a great decision, as I've heard that they've lost their cocky side, to not piss off the customer but actually help them instead.

Also, tweeting @carlpei on Twitter might help...

Anyways, hope OnePlus doesn't screw you over like they've done with many in the past.

4. larenagius
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

Thanks for your reply :)

Trust me I have tried Twitter - they asked me to raise a ticket, when I told them that I have done that, never heard of them again. I also sent Carl Pei and message on Facebook, not even bothered reading it. I have tried calling, they offered no help what so ever.

Honestly, they are by far the worst service support team ever. What is the point of creating great phones when they cannot support and understand their customers!!!

lightbrush likes this.
  5. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Jul 7, 2016

Gaurav Rohilla , Jul 7, 2016 :
    you can PM @Adam Krisko about this , but I don't think anything much could be done about this. anyways, best of luck!

6. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2016

An.I.Am , Jul 7, 2016 :
    I'm so sorry man :(
    I'll report to OP your problem.

ohmarinusopx likes this.
  7. larenagius
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

8. larenagius
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

Thanks for your help @An.I.Am, really appreciated!

9. Dominique57350
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2016

Dominique57350 , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Was your warranty void? If yes, they don't have to do anything, its up to you. Even if it is manufacturer fault, it HAS TO BE while the warranty is not void. And i understand that...

10. larenagius
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

The phone was 2 weeks old, hence still under warranty!

How can the warrant be voided if the phones back cover cracked when I installed a OnePlus designed cover!!

11. Mehrsau
    Froyo Jul 8, 2016

freedompie likes this.
  12. BatchTheBrit
    Donut Jul 8, 2016

BatchTheBrit , Jul 8, 2016 :
    I too have had issues with customer service. I sent my OPO off 5 weeks ago to get repaired. All they have done is received the phone! Now, I try to email them and I don't get any response. Then, I try to talk to them on the live chat, and they tell me that I would get an email that day! Unsurprisingly, they didn't send me an email, and I'm still sitting here, wondering what the hell is going on

steve.zzz likes this.
  13. ImWajeed
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2016

ImWajeed , Jul 8, 2016 :
    Physical damages are not covered under warranty for any brand, any model.

itechy21 likes this.
  14. Dominique57350
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2016

Dominique57350 , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Maybe with some sort of ToS, exemple iPhone dont include screen in warranty, so if you brake your screen, pay! Maybe since they dont auhtorize to open the phone, back cover isn't included in warranty, but it shoudn't VOID the warranty.
    Its really weird :×

15. christiankorean
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2016

christiankorean , Jul 9, 2016 :
    @SoniaB can you help this poor man?

16. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jul 9, 2016

SoniaB , Jul 9, 2016 :
    This has already been escalated by another moderator :).

17. Deactivated User
    Jul 9, 2016

18. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2016

Shuller , Jul 9, 2016 :
    As per my guess warranty is minimum 1 year... that does not passed...

Even OP2 has less than 1 year from release... and OPX was released later on...

19. khantahir4u
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2016

20. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Sheeeeesh!!!!!!
    With that logic you would be sympathetic in finding a turd in your Big Mac.