Froyo Apr 29, 2015

2. dehein
    Eclair Apr 29, 2015

3. asbondre
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2015

4. patrickgermany
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2015

patrickgermany , Apr 29, 2015 :

You get nearly all the features you get in COS12.

Positive:
    -You keep the features (i don't know if something really important is missing that is in COS12)
    -cyanogenmod community support
    -fast updates (nightly and normal releases)

Negative:
    -You have to reflash your phone and reinstall some apps
    -I would recommend to do a full device wipe to get a fresh start
    -You should know how to flash and know what you are doing

I switched to cm11 in october and did a full wipe for cm12.
    The switch from cm12 to cm12.1 didn't cause any problems and in my opinion cm12.1 is very stable.
    I use it as my daily driver.

5. h3lll
    Gingerbread Apr 29, 2015

h3lll , Apr 29, 2015 :
    To be fair Oneplus done exactly what Steve said, used the Cyanogen brand to promote the Oneplus and then tarnish it with bad practices, anyone here really think they would have got the Oneplus from an unknown phone manufacturer at the time without the Cyanogen OS backing ? Doubtful, i certainly wouldn't have. Cyanogen os gave me confidence of regular updates etc. Now it will be like any other small phone company, lack of support and updates. Most people will be fine as they can still flash updates manually and get continued unofficial support from CM.

6. Agafaba
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2015

Agafaba , Apr 29, 2015 :
    Regular updates up until CM12 at least.

7. rfpsebastiao
    Gingerbread Apr 29, 2015

rfpsebastiao , Apr 29, 2015 :
    Well, this is kind of a deal breaker for people who want to buy the phone now, I guess.

Plus, I feel deceived. I bought a phone from OnePlus because of the top hardware and because it had Cyanogen with 2 years worth of updates and bugfixes. Now what? What can I look forward to?

8. venkataravi
    Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2015

9. venkataravi
    Jelly Bean Apr 29, 2015

venkataravi , Apr 29, 2015 :
    That news is everywhere but neither Carl or Cyanogen officially confirmed it, so wait for the same.

10. reverator
    Froyo Apr 29, 2015

reverator , Apr 29, 2015 :
    We need clarification from Cyanogen or Oneplus about the two years worth of updates part. Do the Oneplus One get regular continuous CyanogenOS updates on the two year time frame or do we get Cyanogenmod updates at a rather slow pace?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

alni likes this.
  11. raghu0512
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2015

raghu0512 , Apr 29, 2015 :
    even i purchased the one plus just because of Cyanogen branding.
    without cyanogen no one ne care about this brand which doesnt have a service centers and a good customer support.

when it comes without cyanogen then it is compared with Meizu like brands which tops only in performance and cannot be compared with flagship smartphones.