Guess you failed reading comprehension.

daviell likes this.
  2. eckbauer
    KitKat Sep 3, 2015

Sinful_Saint likes this.
  3. Usincsx
    Froyo Sep 3, 2015

Usincsx , Sep 3, 2015 :
    As recommended by others, try Display and Lights - turn OFF .... Ambient display and Prevent accidental wake-up. This fixed my battery drain with 12.1

4. vankris
    Froyo Sep 3, 2015

vankris , Sep 3, 2015 :
    Battery life is bad in CM 12.1 too.. looks like there is no fix to this.. thinking to move on to COS 12.1

5. Aikimaniac
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2015

Aikimaniac , Sep 3, 2015 :
    So you want to tell me that my battery on 1year old phone and after aproximately 180-200 recharging cycle is old and that 72 hours on 12.0 and 36 hours on 12.1 without touching the system (ive update like a week) is the technological issue of battery? Dude...my advice is to tell your dad to sue your physics teacher cause he didnt teached you anything...

daviell and johnkops like this.
  6. srsdani
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2015

srsdani , Sep 3, 2015 :
    Guys... This is not CM fault. You guys should also take a closer look at other devices that have received the lollipop update. And tell me how many of them can say that the battery is the same or better. Well, almost none of them because this problem is from google, who can't or don't want to make this os faster. Do you want to have a good battery life and great standby time? Buy an iphone, because they know how to optimize an OS, not like Google (android) who need 1 year to make an shitty os and another half to fix it. The funny thing: if you think about android 4.4, everything makes sense. That was the best version from all overall and thats why maybe thry payd for that name(kit-kat). Android lollipop is not even finished or polished(if that is a word). Anyway, you guys should espect that from any android device. Thats why you pay more for an iphone...

7. Aikimaniac
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2015

Aikimaniac , Sep 3, 2015 :
    Do you really think that the 12.1 is exactly the same for every single device? There are different HW specs and settings CM does apply on every single ROM they give out..

8. prezes5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2015

prezes5 , Sep 3, 2015 :
    my battery just lost like 75% overnight. System keeps it awake. Any solutions? Couldn't find any so far...

9. subrock22
    Eclair Sep 3, 2015

subrock22 , Sep 3, 2015 :
    Last couple nights, I've gone to bed with 45-50% charge only to wake up to a dead phone in the morning. Didn't used to do that until I downloaded the latest update

10. prezes5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 3, 2015

prezes5 , Sep 3, 2015 :
    same here, it is costing me too much time to recharge. I lost more percentage than that too.

11. Georgetownlax17
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

Georgetownlax17 , Sep 3, 2015 :
    Has anyone had any personal experience on battery life with both CM and Oxygen? Would it be better to make the switch to Oxygen now?

12. rajeevkakumani
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2015

rajeevkakumani , Sep 3, 2015 :

It helped to some extent, still have issues with battery drain

13. Ant warley
    Donut Sep 3, 2015

Ant warley , Sep 3, 2015 :
    The screen says on low backlit after an alert say facebook or ebay and not turning the display off fully until done manually I noticed this after hearing my phone notification tone then when checked a couple of hours later it was still on low backlit.
    This only started after 12.1 my wives opo does the same now also.

14. mandeepjosan
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2015

mandeepjosan , Sep 3, 2015 :
    @Sudaksis
    U kiddin me..... @Sudaksis

15. KeyserSoze
    Honeycomb Sep 3, 2015

KeyserSoze , Sep 3, 2015 :
    I had same problem, try mobile radio pwn app. It helped a lot with the drain over night

16. Sudaksis
    Donut Sep 4, 2015

Sudaksis , Sep 4, 2015 :
    Maybe it was closer to six hours of screen on time, but my usage is in short, heavy bursts. In the screenshot, those sudden drops were when I watched an hour of YouTube at one time; the smaller drops were with Bluetooth on or I was browsing the web; and the plateaus were completely at idle.

Then again, I did only install pico GApps and tweak a lot in the privacy settings to prevent apps keeping the phone awake when the screen is off and setting the wi-fi to only be active when the screen is on and such. That level of tweaking can be done with CM 12.1, though.

mandeepjosan likes this.
  17. gsaran88
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2015

gsaran88 , Sep 4, 2015 :
    switch multiple custom rom (if you are one plus one). Seriously for me it is giving excellent battery life and i am in CM12.1

18. lder
    Gingerbread Sep 5, 2015

lder , Sep 5, 2015 :
    I can tell the diference between COS 12.1 and COS 12 specially in stand by time and SOT.
    Android system, percentage wise is allways on par with SOT wich is weird. I'll wait a couple of cycles more and if nothing changes i'll do a factory reset wich was problably what i should have done the first place (and allways do after an update).

19. Deactivated User
    Sep 5, 2015

20. bgizzle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 5, 2015

bgizzle , Sep 5, 2015 :
    The major problem with COS is the new modem that throws that ugly 0 signal yellow crap.