Cyanogen OS 12.1 idle battery drain

1. PaulF8080
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2015

PaulF8080 , Oct 25, 2015 :
    That straight line drop looks suspicious, to me. It's like one process is in a constant loop. Anything suspicious when you tap the android bars? I had a similar event when my GPS was stuck searching.

2. mshahmoo
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2015

mshahmoo , Oct 25, 2015 :
    you have something running in the background. install better battery stats and let it run after full charge to see what's causing it

3. mlaroza
    Froyo Oct 25, 2015

mlaroza , Oct 25, 2015 :
    My battery won't last a full day. Any ideas why my battery consumption is very high? I also noticed that I dont have Phone Idle...

Attached Files:

4. Santhosh.kay
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2015

Santhosh.kay , Oct 30, 2015 :
    I have received a notification as Software update is available bu then if i click on the install update it spins the load symbol and getting disappeared. No change occured in backend. When i clear the cahe and try again. It again downloads the 350 MB data and the process continues again. It is annoying and irritating.

5. Faraazb
    Eclair Oct 30, 2015

Faraazb , Oct 30, 2015 :
    Exactly same problem here. Android System is on top. Already did a factory reset and deleted most unused apps. I don't have root, so I can't check for wakelocks through betterbatterystats... Any suggesties what app can cause this?

6. Nicodimas
    Froyo Oct 31, 2015

Nicodimas , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Most of the time, the screen is the biggest battery user for me. But when it's not the screen, it's usually Facebook or Android System. Individual results will vary, but most likely, it's not a single issue with a quick fix.

Here's what I've found:

When it's Android System, I've found that it's because I have a crappy cellular signal - even when I'm on Wi-Fi. So if I'm wandering through a dead spot, the phone is burning through power trying to find a better connection. If you can stay on Wi-Fi for a bit, turn off the cellular radio and see what happens.

Facebook (or Instagram too): Both of those run in the background burning up battery power even when you're not using them. When you are using them, they're burning up battery AND using the screen so you're getting doubly screwed. I force quit those when I'm done with them.

Screen: it sucks, but the price we pay for that gorgeous screen is battery life. Turn down the brightness a bit. You'll get used to it in no time and it'll save battery even when you have a lot to do. The Auto Brightness doesn't always do what I want so I sometimes change it manually. Put the brightness slider in your quick settings tray (I think it's there by default anyway) so you have quick access to it.

@mlaroza , you have high accuracy on the GPS setting. That burns through battery *really* fast as well. I only turn that on when I need to use Maps to navigate AND when I can plug the phone in.

7. alpha29
    Froyo Oct 31, 2015

alpha29 , Oct 31, 2015 :
    mine 07:30 (100%) until 18:00 (20%) wowww its better battery life than iphone i've used to..

8. Sagarmantur
    Donut Oct 31, 2015

9. shankar.das777
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2015

10. adrian6329
    Donut Nov 11, 2015

Attached Files:

11. williamhaven
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2015

williamhaven , Nov 11, 2015 :
    I'm on COS 12.1 and at night when I shut my phone down it loses 0% battery until the next day

12. williamhaven
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2015

williamhaven , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Lollipop is rubbish

13. qwspol13
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2015

14. abhi3091
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2015

abhi3091 , Dec 10, 2015 :
    samething happened here too, few days back bought OPO with 12.1 pre-installed, for a couple of weeks with worked good but since 4 days experiencing the problem like battery drains from 1oo% to below zero in 4 hours idle and had to charge for sometime as it shows battery too low to start.
    please help mates as I'm using this ROM as a daily driver and haven't rooted my phone.

Attached Files: