Cyanogen OS 12, Rolling Out Now

1. esperancinha
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

esperancinha , May 1, 2015 :
    Just updated it. It changed my phone to the Android regular definitions which are awful (those drop down menus in white and the panning windows).I've lost the lock screen face detectiona and I cannot change this back to a pattern. It's just swipe, so anyone can access my phone.

Anyone has the same issues?

Cheers

PerisH likes this.
  2. esperancinha
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

esperancinha , May 1, 2015 :
    I also have an issue with the screen locking...Can't get it off swipe mode...

3. backflip518
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

4. Chalito
    Eclair May 1, 2015

Chalito , May 1, 2015 :
    I'm here in NYC and haven't gotten the OTA yet. I check about twice a day and nothing. Oh well. Maybe Oxygen OS is the way to go lol.

5. fraz68
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

fraz68 , May 1, 2015 :
    I updated my OnePlus a couple of days ago and so far, so good. One issue tho, the game Army of Darkness Defense no longer works. Crashes immediately. I tried rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling... no change. Any chance there'll be a fix at some point?

6. jcole97
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

7. mckenn
    Froyo May 1, 2015

mckenn , May 1, 2015 :

I heard 15 mins or so

8. steaman
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

steaman , May 1, 2015 :
    Change Theme in settings menu. It works to me.

Brovang likes this.
  9. steaman
    Cupcake May 1, 2015

steaman , May 1, 2015 :
    Be patient. The roll out is 60% as we speak.

10. slickk
    Donut May 1, 2015

11. d.vlemmix
    Gingerbread May 1, 2015

12. BarefootMike
    Froyo May 1, 2015

BarefootMike , May 1, 2015 :
    Yay - finally getting the pre-update OTA.

I've not seen an explanation of what this extra "preparing" OTA is all about - it seems some people are getting it first, while others just get the full update in one step. Can anybody enlighten me?

13. haight
    Donut May 2, 2015

haight , May 2, 2015 :
    Has anybody running the stock 11s (11.0-XNPH05Q), rooted, with stock Cyanogen recovery, AND ... Encrypted (due to company policies), recieved and installed the new 12.0 update via OverTheAir update?
    Since we can't seem to install via recovery, due to not being able to mount the directories and you can't even do it through adb sideload or anything, unless you factory reset the phone to remove encryption (and of course, lose all your apps and data).

Last edited: May 2, 2015

14. haight
    Donut May 2, 2015

haight , May 2, 2015 :
    lol, ok I'm able to answer my own question. After about 10 minutes from posting, and seeing the update release move to 100% http://cyanogen-ota-bacon.somee.com/
    I received the first smaller update (as expected) and then after the reboot the larger 12.0 download started and finished and prompted for the install. Be sure your battery is charged and your on wifi.
    I'm still in the "Android is upgrading..." mode where it's pre-compiling all of your apps for faster launch and execution. But it looks like it's a go for the upgrade. Yay, finally !!! TGIF !!!

15. pavmar
    Eclair May 2, 2015

Attached Files:

16. The Duke
    Cupcake May 2, 2015

The Duke , May 2, 2015 :
    I get the 'update is available for your system' notification but when I click 'install update' it spins the logo and then nothing happens and it stops.

17. jlynx
    Eclair May 2, 2015

jlynx , May 2, 2015 :
    Australia here, I got the preparation update about 3 days ago and got the main OTA update notification yesterday. I'll probably update it when I'm at work and use their wifi :)

18. neo98
    Cupcake May 2, 2015

19. domilevin
    Froyo May 2, 2015

20. ddswanson31
    Cupcake May 2, 2015

ddswanson31 , May 2, 2015 :
    Would people suggest I do the update or not due to all of the bugs? I know the bug threads are kind of an accumulation of the people having issues and not a true sample of the whole but I'm curious to what people think of it now that it's updated? I don't have anything special such as encryption, root, etc just a plain ol' OPO.