Cyanogen OS 12, Rolling Out Now

1. shaz.inbox
    Cupcake May 3, 2015

2. sri.bidya1
    Donut May 3, 2015

sri.bidya1 , May 3, 2015 :
    Go to settings and off the merge tabs n apps option. It will work.

venkatesh243 and Trodiep like this.
  3. garanews
    Gingerbread May 3, 2015

4. Sir.IZkold
    Eclair May 3, 2015

5. Raymond Fernandes
    Donut May 3, 2015

Raymond Fernandes , May 3, 2015 :
    I tried to upgrade my phone from Cynogen OS 11 to Cynogen OS 12. I thought Cynogen 12 will be better so tried and worked very hard to get the phone upgraded. I was not even able to sleep because this upgrade was giving me nightmares. It took me a weeks time and God finally had pity on me. I upgraded my phone to Cynogen 12. I still get tears in my eyes when I think of it (of how much time I wasted on a stupid thing). Yesss...Cynogen 12 was horrible. It was draining my battery like hell. I din't at all like the look of Lollypop. Lollypop was supposed to be sweet but it turned bitter for me...Yuuuccck.
    Then I started dreaming of changing my OS to Oxygen. Oxygen started coming in my dreams...it was calling me "Come here Ray...come and grab me....I'm so sweet and yuuummmy." So I was tempted. I wanted to get Oxygen OS installed on my Oneplus desperately. I was ready to face any obstacles to get my love - Oxygen. After trying for more than a weeks time and failing 83 times I got Oxygen installed on my Oneplus. When I first saw Oxygen there was tears in my eyes. But then something even more horrible happened. Oxygen turned out to be worser than Cynogen 12. The battery drain was more faster than Cynogen 12. It took me around 3-4 hours to just charge the ****ing phone. Oxygen is like Google at it's worst. The look of Lollypop was worst than Cynogen. It was clear...both Cynogen 12 and Oxygen had betrayed my trust. Booo...hoo...hoo..sob...sob.
    So then I came up with a new plan. I decided that it's my turn to ditch both the bit***s and go back to the **xy Cynogen 11, my first love. So I started working on my new plan...but OOoops while doing so I bricked my phone. My heart popped out of my mouth. Living on snacks and only snacks for 3 days and searching all the possible threads in Oneplus forum, I finally managed to restore my phone back to Oxygen...Sob...Sob. Oh thank you God.
    Now I have Oxygen back on my Oneplus. I avoid using my phone most of the time and use it only when it is necessary only to make calls otherwise it's very irritating to recharge the phone everytime. As long as it works...I don't mind now. But I'm stuck with a B***h. I don't have any energy or patience left to upgrade or downgrade anything. My phone is ruined with Oxygen. Someone give my some Oxygen to breate. Onepus company should have named their new OS to Suffocation instead of Oxygen.
    Anyway, wasn't opneplus one supposed to be 64 GB? I brought it for 64GB the why the ***k in the total space for internal storage do I see 54.87 GB? What happened to the remaining GB's Oneplus? Did crow ate them?
    I'm not at all a techie so upgrading...downgrading and all that tech stuff was difficult for me but somehow I managed. Before buying Oneplus I was not even aware what Kitkat or Lollypop was. But I would like to thank all the official Oneplus one forum members who are helping people with their queries. Good job done.

Moral of the story is: The grass is always greener on the other side. Be happy with what you have. All this Kitkat-Lollypop is nothing but tactics of Google to loot money from people. Tommorow I'm sure google with make something new and imperfect like Cadbury or Candy and people will still go crazy over it.

wk0111 likes this.
  6. Trodiep
    Froyo May 4, 2015

Trodiep , May 4, 2015 :
    Thank you

sri.bidya1 likes this.
  7. maki.pereira
    Froyo May 4, 2015

maki.pereira , May 4, 2015 :
    Maybe something about the profiles? Try playing a little bit around with them! I've missed a couple of alarms because It was setted for a specific profile and I was using another one.

8. InstinctX8
    Froyo May 4, 2015

InstinctX8 , May 4, 2015 :
    Yay I forgot to say thank you three days ago but....thank you :D

-From Cali with love

9. Never Subtle
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2015

Never Subtle , May 4, 2015 :
    Yeah, I lost my account too. Fortunately it was an IMAP account and the mail is still on the server.

Mardoek likes this.
  10. econsean
    Gingerbread May 4, 2015

econsean , May 4, 2015 :
    I upgraded to 12 yesterday and have had a day to play around with it, mostly using all the functions that I use day to day. The update was painless, took a little over an hour, but didn't have any issues. So far this update has been great! It has fixed a ton of bugs that I was experiencing. For instance I was having background apps crash constantly, sometimes I couldn't even use Pandora because it would go into a constant crash mode where it would crash and reopen, only to crash again, and repeat over and over. Just have had a lot of frustrations ... but it looks like 12 has addressed most of this if not all. I have had no crashes.

A couple more things, the Bluetooth signal seems to be way more powerful. I use to start losing my signal when the phone is in my bedroom and I walked into my kitchen (bluetooth headset). But now the signal is very strong, no drops or problems. Also, since I bought the phone I have had constant problems syncing my phone with my car stereo, so bad sometimes that I could drive a whole trip trying to sync and every time it would sync it would say synced (no media) ... frustrating ... and it never synced by itself. Now as soon as I start the car my phone is auto synced with my stereo ... BRAVO!!

It is a little annoying that so many of the functions have moved around, but I'll get used to it with a little play. One that I used a lot was the % of charge on the start screen which is now gone.

Suggestion for improvements in the future that would really set this phone apart ... make the start up screen programmable ... so the user can customize what controls are on it.

Anyway, I was really surprised to see so many negative comments as it seems to have fixed a lot of bugs for me. Guess I'll check back in in a couple of weeks after I give the phone a really good run through.

Cheers!

jmenzler likes this.
  11. Carlosfer

12. thegr81
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

thegr81 , May 4, 2015 :
    Hi guys,

I am still on 4.4.2 :|

Haven't received any updates since then. Any clues on what i should do? :|

13. xoqes88
    Jelly Bean May 4, 2015

xoqes88 , May 4, 2015 :
    yes, answer to our questions on the thread you just created about the same thing. That would be a good start!

14. jmenzler
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

jmenzler , May 4, 2015 :
    I received my OTA Update on Saturday. The only thing, I can say: GREAT!!!
    The update was done without any problems, all apps & settings made it, performance & battery life are outstanding.
    I used the weekend to play around with most of the functions - until now absolutely no problems ☺
    Many thx to the teams @ Cyanogen & OPO - well done!

15. vijendrahs

vijendrahs , May 4, 2015 :
    Try flashing manually with initial cm12 release then you will get latest ota on top of it.

16. brandonmiele
    Donut May 4, 2015

17. riteshranot
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

riteshranot , May 4, 2015 :
    Hey guys i have installed the CM12 ota Update but i m having some heating issues, so now i want to try Oxygen ROM could anyone please help me on how to unlock bootloader and install custom recovery................ I m running CM12 remember

18. niteshrastogi
    Cupcake May 4, 2015

niteshrastogi , May 4, 2015 :
    Cyanogen OS 12, Rolling Out Now

Hi Yesterday I updated my one plus one(India) to Cyanogen OS version 12.0 - YNG1TAS17L and since that time not able to connect to my laptop i.e. lapi not detecting one plus one. Can Anyone out there tell me how to fix this problem

19. R_McLovin
    Froyo May 4, 2015

R_McLovin , May 4, 2015 :
    I've got my upgrade OTA Saturday night too, and is working great. (West Coast, Canada).

20. sh.pianist
    Froyo May 4, 2015

sh.pianist , May 4, 2015 :
    Guys, is it worth the update? o_O I really want to know.

I still haven't pushed the "install update" button. Scared of getting just the slightest bit more battery drain and bugs all over my phone. Should I wait for bug fixes or is Lollipop going to kill the OPO forever...:eek:?

Gary127 likes this.