CyanogenOS 13 Bugs Thread

1. quaddropop
    Honeycomb May 9, 2016

quaddropop , May 9, 2016 :
    Since the search function doesn't work properly, I'm gonna risk a repetition of a already posted "bug":

Intense heat generation whenever using GPS / location services. (C12.1 and prior didn't make any trouble with that, even on " performance mode". Now, running different navigation apps while GPS and precise location locking is enabled, quickly heats up the device to 45-50°C and stays there until I turn off the location service completely.

Have been experiencing the Wlan issue aswell and am now trying out the posted "fix" for it.

Deactivated User likes this.
  2. Anushagubba
    Cupcake May 9, 2016

Anushagubba , May 9, 2016 :
    I am facing the issue that, i have no in/out calls when cellular network is set to 4g/3g
    But on 2G it is working normal.
    I need to use 4g every day for my job.

Please help 1+.

3. ArunMKumar
    Donut May 9, 2016

ArunMKumar , May 9, 2016 :
    This is a Reply to my Own post here, I have performed a Factory Reset on the phone, Took a long time but was worth it.

New Observation:
    1. Battery Discharge comparatively slower. Would know the behavior over a longer period of time.
    2. Touch screen is responsive now, Works fine.
    3. Dialer Dos not crash Now, Lost call history and SMS maybe they were not synced.
    4. App drawer is responsive Now.
    5. All swipes working now.
    6. Swiftkey is not installed yet.
    7. AudioFX is diabled for good as of now :p

New Observations:

1. Credential Storage, Certificates were installed to access a corporate Wifi Network. Was working on the previous release, Now user certificates "do not always" show when connecting to the network and if they show, I am not bale to connect. Have to figure out if it is an issue from the phone or the Network.

2. Camera Sounds
    Putting the phone in Do not Disturb Mode (Total Silence) would silence everything from alarm to music, but the camera Sounds can be still heard. Small issue but beats the logic of "Total Silence".

3. Camera Picture Quality.
    This is just a personal observation, but pictures are much more grainy than before when you zoom.

4. Basic Look and feel.
    The Thing with factory reset is you now have to bring back all the settings back, I did not know of any way to back them up, now I have to enable the settings one by one as they come to my mind. I put a good amount of time with themes and icon sizes, font sizes but it has to be done again. Not a Biggie.. This is manageable.

Will Add more observations a I find them.

4. Abhinavsuresh
    Cupcake May 9, 2016

5. miscreant66
    Froyo May 9, 2016

miscreant66 , May 9, 2016 :
    Why then, are we discussing Cyanogen update in the oneplus forums? /point

galmok and Lamba like this.
  6. stephanbreitrainer
    Donut May 9, 2016

stephanbreitrainer , May 9, 2016 :
    Well maybe because it's the default ROM the device was shipped with and if you're not a technical focused user, you can't switch to oxygen.
    And: OxygenOS is still Android 5, so no security fixes.

Even if the development now happens outside of OP, they started shipping with COS so they will have to support it (if not, they should contact all users to switch ROM and provide proper guides for non-tech users too).

EnigmaKT likes this.
  7. dcam
    Cupcake May 9, 2016

dcam , May 9, 2016 :
    USB connection to PC - blank A0001 window appears with no "Internal Storage" visible, can't copy photos or files to/from phone

My OnePlus One phone recently got the auto-update to Android 6.0.1 but now when I connect the phone with USB to a computer, the computer pops up a blank window entitled "A0001". There used to be "Internal Storage" found in there that showed, but now it isn't there.

I have music and photos on the phone that are there, but they just won't show when connecting to a computer. The phone is not locked when I connect it.

I have already restarted the phone and tried multiple computers and the problem is still the same.

As a result, I am unable to copy files to/from the phone.

8. Identefight
    Eclair May 9, 2016

Identefight , May 9, 2016 :
    Already did that, didn't help for me

9. afaizan
    Cupcake May 9, 2016

afaizan , May 9, 2016 :
    After installation of Cynagon 13, I don't see Whatsapp and Email notification in the main (locked) screen.

Is there any solution to bring this back?

10. T+1
    Gingerbread May 9, 2016

T+1 , May 9, 2016 :
    Funny behavior of my battery!

Its self-charging!

I did a Deep Clean yesterday and installed COS13.

Attached Files:

Synchronous likes this.
  11. atulclassic
    Honeycomb May 9, 2016

atulclassic , May 9, 2016 :
    Don't be a noob..look at notifications..change usb connection type to File Transfers

jobber72 and Deactivated User like this.
  12. atulclassic
    Honeycomb May 9, 2016

Check notification priority..go to app info and check notifications..it should be set to Normal unless you want high priority notifications

13. atulclassic
    Honeycomb May 9, 2016

Cyanogen anyday!!!

14. atulclassic
    Honeycomb May 9, 2016

Go to google settings..search & now..voice..ok google detection..switch off all 3
    this will disable OK google (if you can live with that)

15. atulclassic
    Honeycomb May 9, 2016

find out the reasons for battery drain..check the apps usage..there could be multiple factors..wifi, wakelocks, google play services etc..
    just paste your battery screenshots also so that someone could answer..simply saying that battery is draining will not seek any help.

hadiyalkishan likes this.
  16. franskwee
    Cupcake May 9, 2016

franskwee , May 9, 2016 :
    Hi, is anyone has facing notification sound silent event for call, except alarm? Do not disturb is off, and any call or messages, I wont get notification sound. Really appreciate for any advise, many thanks

17. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 9, 2016

gringoboy , May 9, 2016 :
    This alters nothing. Cyanogen make the software, OnePlus the hardware. If you have an issue with Cyanogen, OnePlus will help you shift to OxygenOS, as the post I quoted shows. You need no skills. There is nothing OnePlus can do to help with Cyanogen stuff, especially updates. They are separate and their relationship is not great after Cyanogen did the dirty.

18. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 9, 2016

gringoboy , May 9, 2016 :
    Because we are helping each other out. Why else? Cyanogen do not provide anything like this.

jstepa likes this.
  19. franskwee
    Cupcake May 9, 2016

franskwee , May 9, 2016 :
    Sorry, after reboot my phone twice, it's back to normal. Sorry to trash this forum

20. abidh545
    Donut May 9, 2016

abidh545 , May 9, 2016 :
    Go to display, turn off adaptive brigtness, goto live display, display mode, off