CyanogenOS 13 Bugs Thread

1. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator May 2, 2016

SoniaB , May 2, 2016 :
    Not sure then. It may be better to open a thread of your own so other users on Ting can confirm if they face the issue too or have a fix

2. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 2, 2016

gringoboy , May 2, 2016 :
    When you restart go quickly to Privacy Guard and change the setting to ignore or allow?

jdm001 likes this.
  3. jstepa
    KitKat May 2, 2016

jstepa , May 2, 2016 :
    Would it be possible to change settings on safe mode?

4. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 2, 2016

Yes, but I think you'd still need to be quick about it. I'm not sure how it works totally, but if its a system app the issue would still be there even in safe mode. That could be total nonsense of course.o_O

jstepa likes this.
  5. jstepa
    KitKat May 2, 2016

jstepa , May 2, 2016 :
    I have never needed it, but I have tried it, don't really know what that loads up but I think that it just does not load 3rd party apps, but like you said it's system app, so...

gringoboy likes this.
  6. Endofar
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

Endofar , May 2, 2016 :
    not possibly after each restart it freezes after 1 second when i try to unlock the screen/the sim gets unlocked

7. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 2, 2016

I just did it for the 1st time ever to check. Did it once on a PC about 15 years ago. :rolleyes:

jstepa likes this.
  8. jstepa
    KitKat May 2, 2016

jstepa , May 2, 2016 :
    Well it was about time then? :p

gringoboy likes this.
  9. gringoboy
    Lollipop May 2, 2016

I guess you'll have no option but to factory reset or wipe and flash with fastboot. Google Play Services just needs an update probably. It has a lot to answer for... Have you seen this issue and an easy fix @Gaurav Rohilla?

10. crustie
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

crustie , May 2, 2016 :
    My girlfriend and I are on metroPCS/t-mobile and after updating cannot connect to 4g service. So now we are stuck on 3g.

11. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator May 2, 2016

barb likes this.
  12. crustie
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

SoniaB likes this.
  13. neerajshukla
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

neerajshukla , May 2, 2016 :
    Guys I got my contacts and messages back in phone.. I think you guys must try this..

Do the following
    Go to the Settings->App->Contacts->permissions. Disable all permissions on the contacts app. Now reboot the phone. After the phone has been rebooted, go to the contacts app. The app will now begin requesting permissions for it to work. Give all the permissions which it requests. After this, you should be able to see your contacts.
    Try it..

Qazi.Rza likes this.
  14. krispie
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

krispie , May 2, 2016 :
    Notification light sometimes shows the wrong color. Alarms that were set to random music no longer work

15. krispie
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

krispie , May 2, 2016 :
    Hello everyone, I thought I liked the new messenger but have found several features gone that I used frequently in Lollipop messenger + I can't stand the new vibrate pattern.

I have seen many KitKat Messenger apps on the play store but not any Lollipop ones. Does anybody know of any, or know of any customization for Marshmallow?

Thanks

arthurlimthomas likes this.
  16. BRADn7
    Gingerbread May 2, 2016

BRADn7 , May 2, 2016 :
    I've now installed a 3rd party app that works well, but what happened to the old one built-in to COS12 ?

17. rameshbabup24
    Froyo May 2, 2016

rameshbabup24 , May 2, 2016 :
    After COS13 update, the wifi names are showing along with some code. Also, am unable to access folders connecting to my system.

Attached Files:

18. brineshrimp
    Cupcake May 2, 2016

brineshrimp , May 2, 2016 :
    updated phone with no problem, but was curious on these two issues:

1) previously I used to use the home button to sleep the phone and kill apps, is that no longer possible?
    2) also, I was trying to set up my phone to vibrate on phone calls and be silent on everything else but when i'm in do-no-disturb mode I don't know how to take my calls off silent?

any help appreciated

19. cami_85
    Froyo May 2, 2016

cami_85 , May 2, 2016 :
    i have a big problem, after installing by OTA, my OPO goes into a loop: keeps on turning off and when its switched on you cant do anything, in 30sec it switches off again, i made the wipe cache partition, but it didnt help. any help?
    Edit: my pc can see opo but there are no files in it

Last edited: May 3, 2016

20. tom.mckay1
    Cupcake May 3, 2016

tom.mckay1 , May 3, 2016 :
    Total sympathy to those unable to decrypt their phones, HOWEVER, I am having the opposite problem with 13.0-znh0eas2jk in that I cannot *encrypt* it. After starting encryption, it reboots and halts at a black screen with the backlight on. Any thoughts?