Daily Driver Comparison: UI Details via OnePlus Community App

1. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Oct 24, 2019

Texasaggie1 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Too many features imo. That's why I don't like it. Mad respect for all of their hard work though.

2. JohnSharma09
    Eclair Oct 24, 2019

JohnSharma09 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    send this suggestion to your team ....plz add always on display.... ambient display is not useful and not work everytime

3. Texasaggie1

This would be awesome. Go to community app - profile - my feedback to submit a feature request for this

4. Nilesh bajaj26
    Froyo Oct 24, 2019

Nilesh bajaj26 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 24, 2019 :
    trapped by OnePlus marketing..
    plus in this range you can't find good phone with branding and market value

5. thakkarSanket , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Oct 24, 2019 :
    I know it sir. And I already did suggest the same in feedback. while ago.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  6. bedobela
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

bedobela , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 24, 2019 :
    I know, they do listen but maybe I am part of a minority when it comes to my requests.
    Definitely, as I said, features should be added with the possibility to make it look like stock but behave otherwise.
    Indeed.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  7. Texasaggie1

Nice pun. I'd love to compare to a pixel though!

Impersonal likes this.
  8. Texasaggie1

ZaidJameel

if only OnePlus launcher have google discover feed it's will be then perfect. now im forced to use nova launcher​

the tmo version of the OnePlus launcher has Google feed. I'm not sure why it's not an option everywhere

9. IamMitesh
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

IamMitesh , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Please make a system which can not jailbreak, or Flash or Connecting with computer; it can not be reset/flash/rooted without any Id Passward.

We all know that Apple's iOS is great OS in terms of their security reasons, Of course it is closed system, and Android is Open System.

But atleast make a system in addition with OxygenOS that always ask for ID and Passward, Without it you can not do anything with your device, You can not Unlock your phone through PC/ Recovery Mode/ Flash/ Root.

Like iOS , It is needed in Android too,
    because if we lost premium Android Phone or it is stolen, Then We lost valuable device with waste of money too.

Apple iOS have 'Find My iPhone' And it is great, By clicking on Lost device, It is really cool when stolen iPhone shows only the mobile Number which we had set. Its too easy to find or the person who stole or who got that will no chance to use, they will definitely return your device. and thats cool in Apple.

I switched from Apple to OnePlus and this is most dangerous drawnback of Android.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  10. genso84
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

genso84 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 24, 2019 :
    So there's another launcher in the previews but you can't use another launcher with gestures turned on. Google fixed it already for third party launchers and so should OnePlus. Especially the problem with their own gestures.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  11. Olomorn
    Donut Oct 24, 2019

Olomorn , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Yeah I already tried but it doesn't change the shape, it just apply an icon pack (a rather unappealing one btw)

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  12. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 24, 2019

Impersonal , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Exactly, this thread here, already has probably the best comparative work, I've seen in a while, (and I actually love this kind of content and enjoy it wherever I find it) well written, well researched, honest and frank, etc, so a comparation between the software on OP device and the Pixel is a must, there somewhat similar, and surely address the same userbase, and literally are the best alternatives to eachother... that being said, I'm sure most of the users here would like to see something like this done, so maybe contact someone, from OnePlus, they might help you get your hands on a new Pixel, I surely would be more interested in reading such a material, than any "Lab" review or bullshit marketing vague pamflet... just some thoughts...
    Take care and thank you!

13. Zluk
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2019

Zluk , via OnePlus 5 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Customization is freedom. Each phone can become special.

1571917694477.jpg

1571917694661.jpg
    Nuanced dark theme + "Lawnchair Beta" + "Lawnfeed" + Mix of pack icons (Native application icons + "PIXXO - CIRCLE ICON PACK" + "OnePlus Icon Pack - Round") + "Scarface" poster, edited by myself.
    Everywhere used custom color accent (#9e051a).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019

14. Z1568547412324
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  15. Lo5Tvayn3
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

Lo5Tvayn3 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Oxygen is by far the best OS in any android phone, I love it! It has attached me to OnePlus. But plz OnePlus, work on more customization features in OnePlus Launcher so there won't be need to go for a third party launcher. As they say, stock rocks ;)

Texasaggie1 and Zluk like this.
  16. Hugo Sundberg
    Donut Oct 24, 2019

Hugo Sundberg , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 24, 2019 :
    but gestures doesn't work perfectly with it though which ruined it for me. otherwise Nova is my favorite.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  17. Hugo Sundberg
    Donut Oct 24, 2019

Hugo Sundberg , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 24, 2019 :
    I even believe oxygen has too many features. I feel like the only thing I use that's not stock Android is quick gestures from locked screen.
    I feel they should focus more on fixing the details in the features that matter like their launcher and implement adaptive icons for example instead of icon packs thats not up to date with the real icons.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  18. Mark_Graves63
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2019

Mark_Graves63 , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Hey!! It's like you wrote this for me! I AM that V30 owner who is looking at options for upgrading!! I REALLY would prefer to go with the Oneplus 7t PRO - but you aren't offering that in the USA.

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  19. matteventupisto
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  20. Jarnop7
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Jarnop7 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I ve got the 7 with Android 10 and it has the same customization options as the 7t (Also the Quick Action Button shape)

Texasaggie1 likes this.