OxygenOS Dark Mode disappeared

1. ADIBENEDETTO
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2020

ADIBENEDETTO , Mar 11, 2020 :
    Hi everyone, I've had a problem with the activation of night mode on my oneplus 6 for a few days now. Previously I had activated night mode from the developer options, but since a few weeks this option has disappeared and the applications (whatsapp, instagram) no longer change their theme automatically. I have android 10.3.2 version on my oneplus 6. Has anyone encountered this problem? Thank you very much

2. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 11, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 11, 2020 :
    Change the dark mode in customization.
    Update the applications.
    Everything will be back to dark

DrJMun, Artemus., Caomhin and 2 others like this.
  3. ADIBENEDETTO
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2020

ADIBENEDETTO , Mar 18, 2020 :
    The problem is that even if I set the dark mode (in the display settings) to automatic, from sunrise to sunset, the applications remain permanently dark. Before this problem, however, they automatically changed their theme according to the time.

4. drl431
    Nougat Mar 18, 2020

Best Answer
    drl431 , Mar 18, 2020 :
    You are confusing dark theme (in customization menu) with night mode (in display menu).
    These options are very different.
    It seems like you want dark theme from sunset to sunrise, so wait for Android 11, next year.
    The option in the "developer" menu was forced dark mode, which had problems with some apps.
    Forced dark mode has been removed, but it never operated sunset to sunrise.

5. ADIBENEDETTO
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2020

ADIBENEDETTO , Mar 18, 2020 :
    Thank you drl431. I don't know why, but when the dark theme for WA and GI was introduced, for a few days in my OP6 their theme varied according to the time of day. Evidently it was a kind of beta testing in view of Android 11. Anyway, thanks again.

drl431 likes this.
  6. mlhs91
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2020

mlhs91 , Apr 27, 2020 :
    I don't think he's confusing anything. "Override Forced-Dark" option is still present under Developer options.

[​IMG]

What @ADIBENEDETTO is referring to was, indeed, Night Mode option in Developer options. See this 9to5google.com arcticle for example.

I've been using it, too, with 'Automatic' option selected which switched between night mode automatically. Unfortunately, now I am missing this super cool feature, too. I would appreciate OnePlus to return it.

7. lordmada
    Froyo Sep 15, 2020

Attached Files:

8. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Sep 16, 2020

the_o2 , Sep 16, 2020 :
    They removed it due to some bugs.